1616273061094.png
    Target Sports

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    A lifetime of experience and observation. Pay is SO much better in private industry, that typically is where the best go.

Do you have any documentation refuting it? If not, be quiet.
    First I'm not a fan of Fauci but he's the only researcher who's name I know offhand.

Fauci has made important scientific observations that contributed to the understanding of the regulation of the human immune response and is recognized for delineating the mechanisms whereby immunosuppressive agents adapt to that response. He developed therapies for formerly fatal diseases such as polyarteritis nodosa, granulomatosis with polyangiitis, and lymphomatoid granulomatosis. In a 1985 Stanford University Arthritis Center Survey, members of the American Rheumatism Association ranked Fauci's work on the treatment of polyarteritis nodosa and granulomatosis with polyangiitis as one of the most important advances in patient management in rheumatology over the previous 20 years.[18][19][20] President Barack Obama greets Fauci in June 2014. Fauci has contributed to the understanding of how HIV destroys the body's defenses leading to the progression to AIDS. He has outlined the mechanisms of induction of HIV expression by endogenous cytokines.[20] Fauci has worked to develop strategies for the therapy and immune reconstitution of patients with the disease, as well as for a vaccine to prevent HIV infection. His current research is concentrated on identifying the nature of the immunopathogenic mechanisms of HIV infection and the scope of the body's immune responses to HIV. In 2003, the Institute for Scientific Information stated that from 1983 to 2002, "Fauci was the 13th most-cited scientist among the 2.5 to 3.0 million authors in all disciplines throughout the world who published articles in scientific journals."[2] As a government scientist under seven presidents, Fauci has been described as "a consistent spokesperson for science, a person who more than any other figure has brokered a generational peace" between the two worlds of science and politics.[11]

Dr. Fauci is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Medicine, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the American Philosophical Society, as well as other professional societies including the American College of Physicians, the American Society for Clinical Investigation, the Association of American Physicians, the Infectious Diseases Society of America, the American Association of Immunologists, and the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. He serves on the editorial boards of many scientific journals; as an editor of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine; and as author, coauthor, or editor of more than 1,300 scientific publications, including several textbooks.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    First I'm not a fan of Fauci but he's the only researcher who's name I know offhand.

Fauci has made important scientific observations that contributed to the understanding of the regulation of the human immune response and is recognized for delineating the mechanisms whereby immunosuppressive agents adapt to that response. He developed therapies for formerly fatal diseases such as polyarteritis nodosa, granulomatosis with polyangiitis, and lymphomatoid granulomatosis. In a 1985 Stanford University Arthritis Center Survey, members of the American Rheumatism Association ranked Fauci's work on the treatment of polyarteritis nodosa and granulomatosis with polyangiitis as one of the most important advances in patient management in rheumatology over the previous 20 years.[18][19][20] President Barack Obama greets Fauci in June 2014. Fauci has contributed to the understanding of how HIV destroys the body's defenses leading to the progression to AIDS. He has outlined the mechanisms of induction of HIV expression by endogenous cytokines.[20] Fauci has worked to develop strategies for the therapy and immune reconstitution of patients with the disease, as well as for a vaccine to prevent HIV infection. His current research is concentrated on identifying the nature of the immunopathogenic mechanisms of HIV infection and the scope of the body's immune responses to HIV. In 2003, the Institute for Scientific Information stated that from 1983 to 2002, "Fauci was the 13th most-cited scientist among the 2.5 to 3.0 million authors in all disciplines throughout the world who published articles in scientific journals."[2] As a government scientist under seven presidents, Fauci has been described as "a consistent spokesperson for science, a person who more than any other figure has brokered a generational peace" between the two worlds of science and politics.[11]
    Pay the dues and you, too, can join those associations.

You picked a really bad example for your stance. And one that is a data point in favor of my assertion.

How many times has Fauci reversed his positions in the past year?

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Pay the dues and you, too, can join those associations.

You picked a really bad example for your stance. And one that is a data point in favor of my assertion.

How many times has Fauci reversed his positions in the past year?
    Like I said his was a name I knew.

While not a fan I was impressed that he graduated first in his class at Cornell medical school and that he had authored text books and had so mant publications to his credit.

I'm sure he reversed his positions whenever they discovered something about the disease they didn't know about before.

It doesn't mean he isn't a weasel.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    No, he's not a weasel. Weasel's are admirable.

He's just a lowly, ego driven rat.

Every time he sees someone wearing a mask (especially when alone driving a vehicle) he sneers and laughs and says: "I did that"!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

While not a fan I was impressed that he graduated first in his class at Cornell medical school and that he had authored text books and had so mant publications to his credit.

I'm sure he reversed his positions whenever they discovered something about the disease they didn't know about before.

How long ago did he graduate? And how long ago has he been politically driven?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

No mask. Mask.

Mask. Double mask.

The above has nothing to with discovery about the disease. There is nothing unusual in how this virus is transmitted.

Keep digging, the hole is just getting deeper.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Doesn’t this one use the aborted fetus cell lines? I’ve heard lots of discussions on this practice, all sides, for different vaxxes.

Worth sorting out so a person looks at the info and has sorted it out the best they can. Can then feel good about their decision.

I think this is a better article. Thanks for asking the issue. I wouldn’t have looked it up.

CMDA (Christian Medical and Dental Association) has an interesting article in their newsletter.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Your math is off as we have seen by many posters. 113 deaths/6922 casesx100=1.63% mortality. That's about what everyone claims. When you have that % you need the 100 multiplier. You and a bunch of posters have made that error. But I get your point, I think.

He is including EVERYONE, as I think it illustrates the true danger as you seem to get.

For the rest of you: While I personally know of one person who ate his pistol and didn't die, we can pretty much say 100% death rate, but that doesn't paint the whole picture because of the fairly low numbers of people who decide to suck start a gun your actual risk of death is pretty stinking low.

To put it another way, your risk of death from a car crash !=crashes/deaths. It is more relatable to look deaths per year/population.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Looks like on average it’s a wash with the death rates between mask vs no mask. I’d like to see that data extrapolated with the states avg age and obesity rates. The two biggest risk factors are age and obesity.
    Or look at the projected life expectancy fall from various poor health habits acquired or exacerbated due to the lockdown and lower standard of living for many.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    To put it another way, your risk of death from a car crash !=crashes/deaths. It is more relatable to look deaths per year/population.
    Not quite sure what your point is. Pardon my dumb. When we are concerned with a mortality rate of a particular type of incident the size of the overall population has little relevance. The exception would be for example in a very large congested city disease may spread faster because of congestion.
    If 20% of men die of prostate cancer (I made that up) the population size doesn't matter. Are you trying to make a different point?

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Wow. I’m trying to be brave, and not give in to the narratives, when they apply....but it’s the idea of “long Covid” that worries me.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Wow. I’m trying to be brave, and not give in to the narratives, when they apply....but it’s the idea of “long Covid” that worries me.

People have been having similar effects from viral illnesses in the past. Remember chronic fatigue syndrome? it's still around but the media isn't hyping it because people got tired (no pun intended) of hearing about it. For most people feeling bad can cause problems if they don't know what's causing it but once they know the cause it can be easier to live with and can hang in there until it goes away.

Top Bottom