2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Went to a pain management clinic in Kerrville last Tuesday (lumbar steroid injections), walked in wearing a mask, nobody was wearing a mask so I asked... Private facility and they think masks are stupid... This place was a real mill, there wasn't exactly a line, but patients were timed in and out every 20 minutes.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Went to a pain management clinic in Kerrville last Tuesday (lumbar steroid injections), walked in wearing a mask, nobody was wearing a mask so I asked... Private facility and they think masks are stupid... This place was a real mill, there wasn't exactly a line, but patients were timed in and out every 20 minutes.

A real mill would make sure you had enough Oxycodone before you left.

(sorry, when you said pain management and mill, my mind went to “Pill Mill”.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1617166901664.png

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    When all this started back in March 2020 I put on a mask a few times to get in the door. Can’t stand anything over my face so would pull it off inside. Was shopping three times a week for self, daughter and MIL families. The only karen comment was once “I was going the wrong way down an aisle”. At 76 and rarely sick just felt this was overblown. Did get the Pfizer shots in March this year….hey why not.

Thought the biggest threat Trump faced in 2020 elections was being fooled by fear mongers into shutting down the economy…..and sure enough the “plandemic economy” and voter fraud got him but he was not blamed for the shutdown itself.

Hope his health holds up for 2024 and a “honest” election!! That and assuming a civil war of sorts doesn’t interrupt the election cycle???

Just my comment here.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ..AFAIK it's not yet where you can go to your local doc and ask for a Covid shot of your choice...

In case anyone cares, HEB has figured it out. From there COVID vaccine scheduler, one can search for a specific choice from the four approved vaccines. The website allows you to input zip code, radius, and choose either all or limit to just one manufacturer. Using a desktop, you make your choices, select auto-open (you have to allow location services on the website), and it continually searches until a match is made, then it pops a new window/tab (have to allow pop ups for the site) to schedule away.

Just watching for an hour or so today and four or five J&J appointments opened up. Now, there’s probably half of Texas using this feature so those onesy-twoesy appointments go fast but it’s brilliant, customer-minded technology work.

The site is https://vaccine.heb.com/

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    In case anyone cares, HEB has figured it out. From there COVID vaccine scheduler, one can search for a specific choice from the four approved vaccines. The website allows you to input zip code, radius, and choose either all or limit to just one manufacturer. Using a desktop, you make your choices, select auto-open (you have to allow location services on the website), and it continually searches until a match is made, then it pops a new window/tab (have to allow pop ups for the site) to schedule away.

Just watching for an hour or so today and four or five J&J appointments opened up. Now, there’s probably half of Texas using this feature so those onesy-twoesy appointments go fast but it’s brilliant, customer-minded technology work.

The site is https://vaccine.heb.com/
    That's a good move on their part. I am not a big believer in the whole vaccine thing, but a few months back I was helping my parents, who did want to get vaccinated. It took a LOT of interwebz searching to even find info and much of it was outdated or useless, or both. I even told one outfit that they needed to transition from a pull system, where people are constantly trying to hit a window somewhere near them to a scheduled plan system, and this move by HEB is in that direction, it seems. It was only a matter of time and ingenuity, I guess. The folks did find their shots finally and have received their seconds one already. And mom still asks me and the wife every time we visit "are you going to get the vaciine?". Nope. Now we have a grandson in SA who tested positive and a daughter and SIL in WA who have it. We need that herd immunity.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom