• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Point of fact to consider.

People bitching about opening up the economy are doing so at their job. The moral courage required to rail like they are is infinitesimal.

No one out of work is hollering that things are opening up too fast.
    Hurley's Gold

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    If you really want to ponder something how about this

The postmortem of a body in California shows he had the antibodies in his system and he died Feb 6th so take into account the 14 or so day incubation blah blah blah that dude died on the 6th so he got it at min Mid Jan.

So now it has been running free in Cali for 2-3 months undetected No distancing no nothing.

Several Family members report being very sick in Nov-Dec in Cali with Dr. doing tests for strep and other stuff and coming back negative now that more symptoms are coming out they are sure they had CV.

Point to ponder. For most of March and April, millions of ‘essential’ workers went about doing there jobs with zero PPE; that included delivering pizzas and other shit people stuff down there gullets. People went to the grocery store, liquor store, and the parks without PPE. They encountered plenty of others. I’ve been out in the community almost every single day, without PPE and interacting with others because I can.

If the bug is as transmissible as believed, I’d estimate 85% of the American population has been exposed. Best guesses say from time of infection to time of death ranges from 3 to 20 days. It’s a known fact the virus has been spreading in the community since February.

If the bug is as deadly as advertised, 85% of us are the walking dead, and have been so for the last four to six weeks. Meanwhile, Bexar county (with a population of 1.9M) has suffered ~45 deaths since the beginning of time that meet the CDC proven or assumptive CV-19 death criteria.

I don’t do math in public, but if you think all that adds up to more than the damage to the economy and liberty that local and state leaders have turned off, well I’ve got some oceanfront property in Arizona.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If you really want to ponder something how about this

The postmortem of a body in California shows he had the antibodies in his system and he died Feb 6th so take into account the 14 or so day incubation blah blah blah that dude died on the 6th so he got it at min Mid Jan.

So now it has been running free in Cali for 2-3 months undetected No distancing no nothing.

Several Family members report being very sick in Nov-Dec in Cali with Dr. doing tests for strep and other stuff and coming back negative now that more symptoms are coming out they are sure they had CV.

Covered that in the other thread two weeks ago. The tit-for-tat that started between me and the good doctor is kind of what lead to the downfall of that thread.

There are several groups studying lab samples from people in the hardest hit areas who died as far back as last October from heart attacks, pneumonia, and flu-like illnesses to see how far back this thing really goes.

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    My gf is responsibly for staffing at a hospital. A few weeks ago a rn left for nyc to take advantage of the $$$. He messaged her today asking if she had a spot for him because he thought they would no longer have a need for him in NYC in a couple weeks because things are trending down. I don't know the hospital where he is working
    thanks for the info

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    My kids were really sick in late Feb early March and were tested for everything. No flu no strep no mono etc.

The one will be getting an antibody test as soon as the dr office is open and has it.

If she has antibodies the rest of us will be tested. We got what we thought were either bad allergy to me which had no symptoms at the time. Only the one ever had a fever we recorded. Was it rona? We never even thought about it till I paid the bill last week and saw all the tests. I haven't gone to the dr with either one in years so I didnt know all what went on there.

That will be interesting won't it.

The girls both work at stores and have worked 50 to 60 hours a week since this started and they dont know anyone at either place that got sick. One does screenings sometimes and hasn't sent anyone away.

We were at Disney world the first week in March. Didnt get sick there.

Last edited:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    EXQrdCEXgAAtlm_?format=png&name=small.png

Attachments

• EXQrdCEXgAAtlm_?format=png&name=small.png
      EXQrdCEXgAAtlm_?format=png&name=small.png
      160.5 KB · Views: 654

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    New York City's Finest doing their best to combat people over 'social distancing'.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/nypd-...6HABajNaG_wKf5Td7wtX3KOW75XMMgNmc53lEkaRDjBmA

You cannot believe how happy I am that I was not there to witness that, I just may have jumped in and started beating the pig to help stop the cop from beating bitch-slapping the guy and maybe would have been arrested myself. I detest unnecessary and or unlawful use of force by law enforcement; now that may have been necessary and justified in this case but it sure does not look that way to me.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    How far back?
    The abstracts I’ve seen are mentioning researching samples as far back as October or November of 2019.

While I don’t discount similar viruses have been around forever, that 4% to 5% difference is enough to be be apples and walnuts. While it makes a great salad, they’re two entirely different things.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    The abstracts I’ve seen are mentioning researching samples as far back as October or November of 2019.

While I don’t discount similar viruses have been around forever, that 4% to 5% difference is enough to be be apples and walnuts. While it makes a great salad, they’re two entirely different things.

Is it? How far apart do they get when the virus mutates? I've read about mutations and different strains going around, but don't know who different they are.

I would have thought 96% similar would be close enough to have some type of known treatment, but maybe not. They seem to be hit and miss with the flu shot every year, and I don't know how genetically different each flu strain is, so maybe 1 or 2 percent is worlds apart.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Disagree. There are many enjoying unemployment and stimulus checks that don't want to have to actually earn their pay.

I know that's not what you meant but it is a sad truth.

Well, when unemployment literally pays more than you made at work...

There are people pissed off that their employees were able to get loans and keep them on the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Is it? How far apart do they get when the virus mutates? I've read about mutations and different strains going around, but don't know who different they are.

I would have thought 96% similar would be close enough to have some type of known treatment, but maybe not. They seem to be hit and miss with the flu shot every year, and I don't know how genetically different each flu strain is, so maybe 1 or 2 percent is worlds apart.

Our DNA only differs from chimps by about 1%. Not sure how that translates to a virus, but seems like 4% could be a pretty big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom