• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Point to ponder. For most of March and April, millions of ‘essential’ workers went about doing there jobs with zero PPE; that included delivering pizzas and other shit people stuff down there gullets. People went to the grocery store, liquor store, and the parks without PPE. They encountered plenty of others. I’ve been out in the community almost every single day, without PPE and interacting with others because I can.

If the bug is as transmissible as believed, I’d estimate 85% of the American population has been exposed. Best guesses say from time of infection to time of death ranges from 3 to 20 days. It’s a known fact the virus has been spreading in the community since February.

If the bug is as deadly as advertised, 85% of us are the walking dead, and have been so for the last four to six weeks. Meanwhile, Bexar county (with a population of 1.9M) has suffered ~45 deaths since the beginning of time that meet the CDC proven or assumptive CV-19 death criteria.

I don’t do math in public, but if you think all that adds up to more than the damage to the economy and liberty that local and state leaders have turned off, well I’ve got some oceanfront property in Arizona.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I expect it will decrease with summer.
    Just like the flu, so many are getting it in places where people congregate when it is cold out. One reason many of the old get the flu is the fact they are largely in confined areas a lot of the time. Plus they are the most susceptible to them. The same with all age groups during the winter. As spring comes people get out and away from others more and the numbers drop. The heat doesn't kill it, it never goes away. People just spread out.
    Covid spreads the same. People crammed into close contact are spreading it to each other just like the flu.
    I think the most we will be able to do for a long time is to mitigate losses just like with the flu. Not kill it or stop it. After all, except for masks and lock downs, everything they say to do to keep from getting it is the same as precautions for the flu and the common cold. Nothing more.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    My gf is responsibly for staffing at a hospital. A few weeks ago a rn left for nyc to take advantage of the $$$. He messaged her today asking if she had a spot for him because he thought they would no longer have a need for him in NYC in a couple weeks because things are trending down. I don't know the hospital where he is working

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    upload_2020-5-4_19-49-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-4_19-49-13.png
      upload_2020-5-4_19-49-13.png
      50.1 KB · Views: 327

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    So a state that is broke, is borrowing more money to pay people that are unemployed. Of course the state “makes” money by collecting taxes from purchases people make. Now if many of those people are now unemployed, or making less money, how does the state make money to pay back the fed loan? (Not sure if I should put /s/ or rhetorical at the end of that.)
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/califo...ent-to-make-unemployment-payments-11588617257

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Point to ponder. For most of March and April, millions of ‘essential’ workers went about doing there jobs with zero PPE; that included delivering pizzas and other shit people stuff down there gullets. People went to the grocery store, liquor store, and the parks without PPE. They encountered plenty of others. I’ve been out in the community almost every single day, without PPE and interacting with others because I can.

If the bug is as transmissible as believed, I’d estimate 85% of the American population has been exposed. Best guesses say from time of infection to time of death ranges from 3 to 20 days. It’s a known fact the virus has been spreading in the community since February.

If the bug is as deadly as advertised, 85% of us are the walking dead, and have been so for the last four to six weeks. Meanwhile, Bexar county (with a population of 1.9M) has suffered ~45 deaths since the beginning of time that meet the CDC proven or assumptive CV-19 death criteria.

I don’t do math in public, but if you think all that adds up to more than the damage to the economy and liberty that local and state leaders have turned off, well I’ve got some oceanfront property in Arizona.

The same creeks and streams our ancestors drank from will make us sick, or kill us today. I figure it's not so much our doing ( pollution) as it is our undoing ( decreased immunity ).
    We've followed industry and technology and abandoned nature.
    Nature didn't change much over time, we did.

I've not researched or searched, but I wonder.
    What's the illness or death numbers in the undeveloped areas of our world? Sure, they're remote and isolated anyway, but I bet they ain't sick from Rona either.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Just an aside. I stopped at the local Goodwill store today since they are open to just see what has showed up as the intake side never closed. A lady was at the door wearing a mask, I wasn't she asked if I had a mask and I said no. I was then informed I could not enter w/o a mask. I iformed her to look closely because neither she or Goodwill will ever see me or my donations again.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    There's an epidemic??? Seriously though, I know a lot of places have been locked down pretty good, but in my neck of the woods, it has been business as usual. The only real issue here, is being able to buy stuff we need. Our local stores are not big enough to keep stuff in stock, the stores in the bigger cities can't keep stuff in stock cause of the number of folk shopping there. This has gotten better in the last week, the local Brookshires has most items in stock and the Walmart neighborhood market is mostly stocked. Other than that, my life has been the same as usual.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    For those wondering about mask effectiveness. Think of mask fitting this way. Can you smell the perfume/cologne/bo of the person walking by? Can you smell the food you're waiting in line to pick up? Can you smell the pine trees you're walking by? Can you smell the pot your neighbor is smoking? Etc..... Smells aren't the only thing making it's way past your mask.

They test proper n95 mask fitting by placing a hood over your head then introducing a odor. If you smell the odor your mask is not fitted properly.

Top Bottom