• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Like Vaq, I don’t (and haven’t) worn a face covering of any sort related to the hysteria. I don’t have any fancy background or educational in infectious diseases. From 2007 through 2009, I spent three deployments in equatorial Africa, a place ripe with infectious diseases. I watched public health ‘professionals’ send me military members with the wrong anti-malarial prophylaxis...the drugs you take to keep from getting malaria...and at one point, had a little over 15% of my forces down in the Disease & non-battle injury category and almost 100% of that was due to malaria. That experience really opened my eyes to the fact that you are your own decision-maker and those decisions should be informed by medical advice that is independently verifiable.

There was a couple of days where my wife was notified she had been exposed and she sat at home with no mask. Then, the primary contact’s test came back negative and we’ve been happy go lucky since.

Once the local .govs started making up their own rules that deviated from CDC recommendations with civil and/or criminal enforcement threats, it was pretty obvious politics and power, not sound health recommendations was the deciding factor.

I’m fairly certain the National Association for Advancement of State and Local Democrat Politicians (or some such group) established a position and probably asked for ‘pledges’ to adhere or be more stringent in order to provide a unified front that, after the fact, could be used to tell a story on a national level.

There’s damn little about the virus and it’s impacts on the human body that is independently verifiable, so I’ll make my decisions for me and not abiding by political policies is just collateral damage.
    DK Firearms

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Like Vaq, I don’t (and haven’t) worn a face covering of any sort related to the hysteria. I don’t have any fancy background or educational in infectious diseases. From 2007 through 2009, I spent three deployments in equatorial Africa, a place ripe with infectious diseases. I watched public health ‘professionals’ send me military members with the wrong anti-malarial prophylaxis...the drugs you take to keep from getting malaria...and at one point, had a little over 15% of my forces down in the Disease & non-battle injury category and almost 100% of that was due to malaria. That experience really opened my eyes to the fact that you are your own decision-maker and those decisions should be informed by medical advice that is independently verifiable.

There was a couple of days where my wife was notified she had been exposed and she sat at home with no mask. Then, the primary contact’s test came back negative and we’ve been happy go lucky since.

Once the local .govs started making up their own rules that deviated from CDC recommendations with civil and/or criminal enforcement threats, it was pretty obvious politics and power, not sound health recommendations was the deciding factor.

I’m fairly certain the National Association for Advancement of State and Local Democrat Politicians (or some such group) established a position and probably asked for ‘pledges’ to adhere or be more stringent in order to provide a unified front that, after the fact, could be used to tell a story on a national level.

There’s damn little about the virus and it’s impacts on the human body that is independently verifiable, so I’ll make my decisions for me and not abiding by political policies is just collateral damage.
    One day soon. I'm buying a keg. This guy is invited.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I "sterilize" my cloth mask by spraying it with Lysol after use and hanging it from my rear-view mirror in my truck. After a week, I run it through the washing machine on warm water. If that's not enough to kill a virus, then nothing will.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Actually, most viruses will survive that. That's really far from sterilization, and doesn't even really qualify as sanitization.

Lysol works by attacking the lipid bilayer that serves as a cell wall for microbes. Most viruses have a protein sheath, not a lipid bilayer (coincidentally, coronaviruses do have a lipid bilayer). Letting the mask hang, damp in a warm environment, probably only promotes the growth of remaining microbes including what it might pick up from circulating dust). And the warm wash is unlikely to actually kill many microbes except yeasts (the soap probably would, but you need hot water to make any of it very effective).

So yeah, you described a regimen that is great at preserving most viruses (just not the one that's currently most popular).

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I went to Krogers today, mostly because I needed fuel and had enough points for $1 off/ga. I also needed some groceries so I went inside. I noticed more men wearing masks than women. And about 20% of the women wearing masks only covered their mouth, not their nose.

I also notice more non-mask wearing women smile at me today. I'm not sure if that was because I wasn't wearing a mask either, or because I'm so darn good looking, or if maybe my fly was down and I didn't notice.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I went to Krogers today, mostly because I needed fuel and had enough points for $1 off/ga. I also needed some groceries so I went inside. I noticed more men wearing masks than women. And about 20% of the women wearing masks only covered their mouth, not their nose.

I also notice more non-mask wearing women smile at me today. I'm not sure if that was because I wasn't wearing a mask either, or because I'm so darn good looking, or if maybe my fly was down and I didn't notice.
    Probably Josie Whales.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Next stop: Home Depot. No waiting in the ridiculous Disney World line out front. When we first got there, most people did not have masks. By the time we left, people were really flooding in and there were lots of masks. Surprised, but quite a few of the employees did NOT have them on. We didn't, either, and smiled at those we saw.

I made a trip to Home Depot also and saw much the same. Almost none of the employees had masks on. Most of the customers did. Everyone seemed uneasy and paranoid.

There wasn't a line to get in but there was a long line to checkout but it moved pretty quickly.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

I wore a mask one time a little over a month ago, when I went to Lowes. I haven't worn one since, and it some business wants to require it, then they just lost my business. If they want to enforce it by fining me, I'll fight it in court.

The more I read, and the numbers that were being publicized about the deaths, and the more places enacting "orders" it very quickly became apparent this was being used politically. When Nancy Pelosi wanted to form a committee, with subpeona powers for the money being used from the stimulus bills, (in order to frame Trump again!) I knew it was political.

As mentioned, it may have started out about the virus, but it moved past that many weeks ago. This was about power.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Went to Fry’s today.

One guy working there had a mask on.
    And gloves, the kind that go up your forearm.
    With tape tightly securing the top of the glove to his arm.
    And safety goggles.

I asked him if business was picking up.
    He said a little bit.
    Then he said the economy is opening up much too early.

Idiots.
    They’re all around us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Went to Fry’s today.

And safety goggles.

He said a little bit.

Idiots.
    They’re all around us.

I wonder if he was of those idiots making more off unemployment than actually working?

If so, he was probably pissed knowing he had to either go back to work, or lose his unemployment benefits.

This is very sad, that many people would rather be lazy and not work, than take pride in themselves for being a hard worker, contributing to the community. Being laid off due to shutdowns from CV19, gave them the excuse they needed, or at least a legitimate reason to some degree. But now it's time to get things back to working, and you have people complaining about going back to work?

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Actually, most viruses will survive that. That's really far from sterilization, and doesn't even really qualify as sanitization.

Lysol works by attacking the lipid bilayer that serves as a cell wall for microbes. Most viruses have a protein sheath, not a lipid bilayer (coincidentally, coronaviruses do have a lipid bilayer). Letting the mask hang, damp in a warm environment, probably only promotes the growth of remaining microbes including what it might pick up from circulating dust). And the warm wash is unlikely to actually kill many microbes except yeasts (the soap probably would, but you need hot water to make any of it very effective).

So yeah, you described a regimen that is great at preserving most viruses (just not the one that's currently most popular).
    Did not know that. Thanks.

However, wouldn't the UV in the sunlight also kill off viruses? In the truck, I usually sandwich the mask between the window and the reflective sunscreen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/...e-real-pandemic.aspx?cid_medium=sms&cid=share

TL;DR version,
    Overweight and diabetic amplify your odds of getting dead from WuFlu

I may have lucked out.

Right before this hit, my doctor warned me I was pre diabetic. I went on a strict low carb diet and exercise program to drop more than 40 lbs.

Since I’m “essential”, I’ve been working visiting stores all across DFW this entire “shut down”.

I only wear a mask when my customer requires it. It feels kind of silly for me to be out for a month with the government advising against wearing a mask and then all of a sudden I’m supposed to wear one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I don’t wash my mask, haven’t yet. I just leave it alone for a few days and I figure the virus can’t last very long. I have a few I’ll rotate.

I’m not even really wearing a mask to protect me. The virus gets into tear ducts, right? So, really, if we are that damn serious about it, we need goggles too?

I’m wearing one to protect others in case I am asymptomatic. That’s the whole main reason for the masks, right? They are better for keeping your germs to yourself?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Went to Fry’s today.

And safety goggles.

He said a little bit.

Idiots.
    They’re all around us.

Sounds like he was called back in to work and he "required" all that protection hoping they wouldn't get it for him.

And he was wrong.

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX

Agreed!
    I wear a mask because it is required at grocery store etc where I live.
    I also like to blend in (gray man etc) so if everyone is wearing a mask except for me, that attracts attention. The CDC website updated their numbers yesterday but it isn't being reported by "mainstream media". Go to CDC website, fatalities are 37,000 now not 67,000.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom