• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Most of Denton counties deaths are in 2 nursing homes.

My freaking mom is a nut case and is bitching that she's been locked down for 3 weeks and there is no cases in her home in AZ. I'm not joking about the nutcase part. Anyways they locked them down 3 weeks ago. No visitors, residents confined to their rooms with no interaction except daily screened staff. So far so good.

I've been in prisons with outbreaks of just about every type of nasty shit around. Resistant TB the worse and as soon as we lockdown the spread always stops period. So this release of inmates is bullshit.

Just sayin.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    Maybe.

From the article....

"Elaborating on the new Louisiana travel restrictions, Abbott said they will be enforced by the Texas Department of Public Safety "at and near entry points from Louisiana." The restrictions do "not apply to travel related to commercial activities, military service, emergency response, health response or critical infrastructure functions," he said."

Correct, link to the order:
    https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files...ravel_reporting_COVID-19_IMAGE_03-26-2020.pdf

From page 2 of the executive order:

This order to self-quarantine shall not apply to
    people traveling in connection with military service, emergency response, health
    response, or critical-infrastructure functions, as may be determined by the Texas
    Division of Emergency Management.

What the new restrictions amount to is if you are not a Texas resident returning home (to quarantine or otherwise) or an out of state resident not entering on official business as outlined in the exemption clause of Executive Order you're not welcome here.

I hope they do patrol the hell out of the inlets.

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Most of Denton counties deaths are in 2 nursing homes.

My freaking mom is a nut case and is bitching that she's been locked down for 3 weeks and there is no cases in her home in AZ. I'm not joking about the nutcase part. Anyways they locked them down 3 weeks ago. No visitors, residents confined to their rooms with no interaction except daily screened staff. So far so good.

I've been in prisons with outbreaks of just about every type of nasty shit around. Resistant TB the worse and as soon as we lockdown the spread always stops period. So this release of inmates is bullshit.

Just sayin.

AZ just cancelled school for the rest of the year. Ducey’s announcement said “learning opportunities are to continue” which likely means online class, but it wasn’t specific.

Lake Havasu had “normal” spring break and open bars for far too long. My friends in Havasu have been freaking out about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Do you think the actions taken will in the long run actually reduce the number of cases, or just spread them out over time?
    I think yes to both but the numbers will be negligible.

Ultimately we are ruining the economy and peoples lives to slow it down a little bit.

Shelter at home is bullshit. Not only because I don't think it is stopping much but people aren't staying home anyways, me included. I am not technically "essential" but am allowed to work since I work outside and spreading anything isn't a threat. Not that I care. I am working either way until the guy that signs my check says to stop and he isn't going to do that.

Keep in mind we are working on a project for one of the most well known Christian ran businesses in our country and they haven't changed the schedule to allow weeks off for quarantine.

The current panic and long term financial implications are worse than the virus itself.

If the law gets stricter on making people stay at home it's only going to get worse. People are going to refuse as they can't afford to do nothing until the stimulus checks and unemployment system tries to catch up.

Just my thoughts.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I expect Abbott to announce the same this afternoon. I believe I heard that today's news conference will be with the TEA Commissioner.

I hope they have childcare plans covered...having kids stay at home presents problems for a lot of people, including critical health-care providers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Is it just me, or is this contradicting itself in the same paragraph?

"The science, according to the CDC, says that surgical masks won’t stop the wearer from inhaling small airborne particles, which can cause infection. Nor do these masks form a snug seal around the face. The CDC recommends surgical masks only for people who already show symptoms of coronavirus and must go outside, since wearing a mask can help prevent spreading the virus by protecting others nearby when you cough or sneeze. The agency also recommends these masks for caregivers of people infected with the virus."

https://time.com/5794729/coronavirus-face-masks/

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

"The science, according to the CDC, says that surgical masks won’t stop the wearer from inhaling small airborne particles, which can cause infection. Nor do these masks form a snug seal around the face. The CDC recommends surgical masks only for people who already show symptoms of coronavirus and must go outside, since wearing a mask can help prevent spreading the virus by protecting others nearby when you cough or sneeze. The agency also recommends these masks for caregivers of people infected with the virus."

If you are a caregiver you have a higher exposure and could become infected. The mask will help to prevent you from spreading it if that happens.

That’s my best guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

You expect Time magazine to accurately summarize OSHA and CDC information?

Last edited:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    upload_2020-3-31_9-30-50.png

Despite where they placed the "You Are Here", perhaps we are actually to the "Despondency" level now?
    One can "Hope". ;-)

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-31_9-30-50.png
      upload_2020-3-31_9-30-50.png
      158.2 KB · Views: 374

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Shelter at home is bullshit. Not only because I don't think it is stopping much but people aren't staying home anyways,

Just my thoughts.

We are being told that infection rates in New York city are no longer increasing now that their tough stay at home order has been in effect.

We will see if it's TRUE. If it is being seen in the numbers it's why trump extended this crap.

Another note, apparently deblasio can threaten permanent church shut down, they can arrest pastors and stop elective procedures.....seriously elective means you won't die today without it.....to save ppe supplies and judges care not. But stop the murder of the unborn you have a half dozen little Hitler's, federal judges, all across the countries shitting a kitten saying the murder must go on.

They should be forced to undergo sterilization with abortion.

AMERICAS HOLOCAUST!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Surgical masks have always been to protect the patient, not the wearer.

At least that’s what we were told way back when I was a pre-med student.

But yeah, that last sentence is contradictory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI

Proximity is part of the difference.

A caregiver is much more likely to have someone cough right in their face, ergo face shields for them also. Hard to provide much care from 6+ft.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx

Without commenting on the veracity of the content, the quoted text does not contradict itself.

The text claims that surgical masks won't stop the wearer from inhaling small airborne particles.
    The text also claims that the agency recommends the masks for caregivers of the infected.

The two claims clearly do not contradict each other.

My guess is you are assuming that the only reason which can exist in the universe for wearing the masks is to prevent the wearer from inhaling small airborne particles, and you are then projecting your faulty assumption onto the second claim -- caregivers should wear the masks. Why should the caregivers wear the masks if the masks don't stop the inhalation of infectious particles?

Here's how it breaks down logically:

First, even if the masks don't stop the inhalation of infectious particles, they may reduce the inhalation of infectious particles, which might be of benefit. Second, the masks may be efficacious with regards to the mitigation of the exhalation of infectious particles. Third, the masks may impart a feeling of security or help reduce panic in the population or they might make the folks at the CDC chuckle -- why the agency is recommending the masks for caregivers is not mentioned and therefore, since there are many possible reasons why they're being recommended, we cannot establish a contradiction from the two claims from a logical standpoint.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom