FB_IMG_1586515055956.jpg
      109.8 KB · Views: 255

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    There should be. IMO, most offices provide huge distractions. Bosses are reluctant to let people work from home because they think they won’t be productive. They underestimate the amount of time that’s wasted in the office
    We have a few people who utilize the office as their social outlet. Their jobs are non-essential, but they have nothing else to do so they come to work and make the rounds finding people to chit chat with. One such person has a menial "job" just to keep employed, and people have to avoid and reroute to avoid getting 'trapped' in a conversation. Another is the quintessential gossiper, makes the rounds selectively being snarky or overly friendly depending on who might have the juiciest dirt. It's sad, and it's most definitely a negative distraction.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Disregard her vaccine stuff but an interesting article for comparisons of the different coronavirus.

https://vaxxter.com/same-play-book-different-virus/

If someone has a better article that also compares I’d be interested. I have a friend who needs to read some of this but his wife is a nurse and they went from rational to a little crazy. I need to bring him back around but have to be subtle.
    I'd like to ask the county judge if the order has been approved by Ligma.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    We have a few people who utilize the office as their social outlet. Their jobs are non-essential, but they have nothing else to do so they come to work and make the rounds finding people to chit chat with. One such person has a menial "job" just to keep employed, and people have to avoid and reroute to avoid getting 'trapped' in a conversation. Another is the quintessential gossiper, makes the rounds selectively being snarky or overly friendly depending on who might have the juiciest dirt. It's sad, and it's most definitely a negative distraction.
    I have been working from home about 2 years this time, and I can get far more done in a day than I ever could in the office. When I was in an office, I couldn't get anything done because somebody always needed help or advice on something. Then when they came in a sat down, someone else would see them and come in and sit down too. Then the BS session would start and the crowd would grow from there. There was several times I left the crowd hanging out in my office and went out into the yard to get something accomplished and came back an hour later to find even more people in there socializing.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I’m working from home now. They are micromanaging my productivity (we have morning and afternoon check ins where stats are presented), and this is for children’s mental health treatment.

I am definitely have to adjust and up my game. And OH, now I’m wearing makeup, because clients are just staring at my face all session, instead of being distracted by coloring books or toys in the office or whatever. I’ve only remembered to take my makeup off before bed once this week, and I’m exhausted.

I’m having to up my game to keep people engaged in their phone or video therapy session. It’s harder than in a face to face session. Never mind most kids don’t have much to talk about because they are currently locked up and bored. I’m working on angles but some kids just won’t bite. Teens are bored and sleeping all day, and after ten minutes of talking there is not much to say about that. And productivity states I gotta try for at least 30-45 minutes. I’m gonna make some lesson plans or something.

I would be interested in working this way to see what it will be like once we are released from community restrictions. I kinda think I would like it about 1/2 the time, not all.
    The thing about your work, the face to face connection is important. Most people, including and maybe especially kids, have gotten used to being detached and obscure their real emotions online. Many use it for that very reason. Online, they can be what they really want to be, or hide what they want to really to hide. And being able to see body language is just as important as facial expression in assessing emotions. Building trust with someone that doesn't want to trust is harder too.
    Yeah, I can see where WFH would complicate things.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    The thing about your work, the face to face connection is important. Most people, including and maybe especially kids, have gotten used to being detached and obscure their real emotions online. Many use it for that very reason. Online, they can be what they really want to be, or hide what they want to really to hide. And being able to see body language is just as important as facial expression in assessing emotions. Building trust with someone that doesn't want to trust is harder too.
    Yeah, I can see where WFH would complicate things.

Thanks, and yeah. I think it could be a nice adjunct to clients I have built a rapport with. Brazoria County is really spread out and lots of folks are either not willing to spend extra gas money or the time to make regular appointments. So every other visit being telehealth or whatever especially for older teens wouldn’t be bad.

I just had an almost hour long videoconference session with a 17 years old, helping him with his impulse control problems (skin picking) and we did FABULOUSLY via telehealth.

Some motivated folks and some specific problems could really lend themselves to that medium, and I’m open to it, when indicated.

(Especially if it keeps (selfish) ME healthy and safe. I’m considering branching out into private practice and I won’t rent an office because of the cost of doing so is not realistic for a side job. I will do home visits, but telehealth would be safer for me.)

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Good luck with that. Really.
    I can see it working like that. You need at least some contact to build the trust. And for a lot of kids, someone they can trust without being judged is what they need more than anything else. But some have trouble talking face to face and/or just being around others, even family. For them, someone they can trust and talk/listen to while NOT being face to face is exactly what they need.

roadapple

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Claude, Texas
    We've got an old grey-beard here that had something to say about this coronavirus. He said, "I keep telling y'all not to drink that cheap, mexican beer. Any beer you gotta add fruit to in order to drink it, is not good beer."

I am still praying for everyone, and that this pandemic is over soon. A doctor from St. Louis, MO had a facebook video that reported that a doctor in L.A. is using the "Trump Cure": Quinine and Zinc. He stated that most of the people that tested positive for COVID-19, after being treated with Quinine and Zinc, were leaving the hospital, walking, after 12 to 24 hrs. of this therapy. If you can find real Tonic Water, and cold medicine with a higher concentration of Zinc, he advises that people take it proactively to avoid getting sick in the first place. I hope he is right.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom