• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Think he said that .38 had a snake load in it. But we may never know if he got that snake or not, cause....
    ad57e122cb89fbecd22e8063b037c350.jpg

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    72hrs and not a sign of it.
    And I am more than confident with my old M&P...
    And I am ignoring the photographic nonsense and ridiculous comments. And no, I'm not being, what was it? Thin skinned? Actually at 70, I believe its called acting as an adult. I politely asked to refrain from all the jokes in the initial post. I was seeking additional ideas on how to remove the threat, not be the butt of juvenile attempts at humor. But thankfully a few gentlemen did add some good insightful mature information. I thank you...

You don't have a venomous snake possibly still under your home. You have not lost a trusted and valued k9 friend raised from a pup. No, but you sure can post loads of jokes and pictures of stuff for your amusement at my expense. And it was stated here with "this thread is pure TGT." Really? Pure what?
    I've received more respect from habitual felons on the street.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Hey Buck, snake under the trailer, hell try ridin around all day with this joker, under the seat of my John Deere...I will tell you one thing, my JD does not have any rats...

13445306_10154736766137119_5261856364599005558_n.jpg

13427764_10154736766127119_486839603750678353_n.jpg

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I feel there may soon be an instruction to vacate the grassy area adjacent to the living structure.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    72hrs and not a sign of it.
    And I am more than confident with my old M&P...
    And I am ignoring the photographic nonsense and ridiculous comments. And no, I'm not being, what was it? Thin skinned? Actually at 70, I believe its called acting as an adult. I politely asked to refrain from all the jokes in the initial post. I was seeking additional ideas on how to remove the threat, not be the butt of juvenile attempts at humor. But thankfully a few gentlemen did add some good insightful mature information. I thank you...

You don't have a venomous snake possibly still under your home. You have not lost a trusted and valued k9 friend raised from a pup. No, but you sure can post loads of jokes and pictures of stuff for your amusement at my expense. And it was stated here with "this thread is pure TGT." Really? Pure what?
    I've received more respect from habitual felons on the street.

Do you think it left or do you think its hold up in there?

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Still didn't see where the OP was using the shotgun. Sounds like he has great faith in one of the worst choices for killing a snake.

Go back and read. So sorry that it bothers you so much he's decided to carry the gun ( along with the shotgun), that he has killed 6 copperheads and 2 cottonmouths with.

Obviously, you don't know what you are talking about and have no personal experience killing snakes with .38 ratshot, nor give any thought to the location at which he anticipated dispatching this snake. I wouldn't want a load of 12 ga. #6, (#8 more than adequate anyway), hitting my skirting at close range.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Go back and read. So sorry that it bothers you so much he's decided to carry the gun ( along with the shotgun), that he has killed 6 copperheads and 2 cottonmouths with.

I wonder if he has notches on the handles of that trusty old M&P for all the kills that he has made with it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

Obviously, you don't know what you are talking about and have no personal experience killing snakes with .38 ratshot, nor give any thought to the location at which he anticipated dispatching this snake. I wouldn't want a load of 12 ga. #6, (#8 more than adequate anyway), hitting my skirting at close range.

I have tried to kill plenty of bugs with ratshot in multiple calibers. Ratshot is garbage outside a few feet.

Just because a gun and load worked doesn't make it a good choice.

Having to get within a few feet of a dangerous pest because you like that gun is a stupid reason when you have a much better choice that allows you to be further away.

Trailer house skirting is much cheaper than a medical bill.

If you think 38 ratshot is a better choice than an available shotgun then you are just as stupid as I already think you are.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    mothballs don't work.

3 options

1) have someone relocate
    2) adjust the home so it isn't attractive to snakes
    3) blast it with a harsh stream of water. the snake will leave and not come back.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    20160510_114019.jpg
    One shot confirmed with that pissant pistol and CCI .38 shotshell. Shot at 4ft where it was beneath my car a couple years ago. And this was a 4ft cottonmouth. Yes son, it does kill them.
    And I'm concern about ricochet from a 12ga hitting my animals [and me] as the skirting is thick stamped steel.

I honestly don't understand the fixation on my old 38 not being up to the imagined job. And name calling now? That's not only uncalled for, its childish. Act civil. Some of us are actually adults here that enjoy mature conversation now and then. 'nuff said I believe...

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    View attachment 146076

I honestly don't understand the fixation on my old 38 not being up to the imagined job.

Me either. Your house, your pal that was killed, your snake problem, and your weapons to choose from. Obviously, it's up to the task, and you don't have to get anywhere close to striking range. I call BS on the bugs, unless they were VWs.

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    Do you think it left or do you think its hold up in there?
    Sorry for the late reply. Too many posts clouding up the thread...

At this point, its hard to say. I'm inclined to imagine it has headed for the woods that surrounds my place. The k9 I have here is young and very attentive to anything that is out of sorts. He alerted on something two days ago, but nothing was found. This evening will be day 4 with no contact. I suspect he's "di-di'd" on outta here. But I remain armed with what has been referred to as a totally worthless S&W [Pardon my smirk] just in case he's around or a pal came to visit.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    You haven't seen the snake again? I talked to my mom and she said when she lived in a single wide cottonmouths would sometimes come inside the house when they used moth balls. I'm not trying to give you concern (or make a joke,) but now I'm a little concerned that your friend has relocated inside the home. She said they can easily get inside mobile homes.

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    You haven't seen the snake again? I talked to my mom and she said when she lived in a single wide cottonmouths would sometimes come inside the house when they used moth balls. I'm not trying to give you concern (or make a joke,) but now I'm a little concerned that your friend has relocated inside the home. She said they can easily get inside mobile homes.
    There are 3 cats inside here. They spot scorpions and other things in here quickly. I kill scorpions often. Mostly spotted by my cats. A snake would turn them into jumping maniacs! Plus the old so-called pipsqueak pistol is riding in my old duty rig. I'm actually quite prepared.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    There are 3 cats inside here. They spot scorpions and other things in here quickly. I kill scorpions often. Mostly spotted by my cats. A snake would turn them into jumping maniacs! Plus the old so-called pipsqueak pistol is riding in my old duty rig. I'm actually quite prepared.

I was unaware cats were in the equation. Sounds like you're good to go then.

Top Bottom