• ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Believe what you want, I don't care.

Fact is, Covid-19 infection rates peaked when temps were around 48 degrees Fahrenheit... hotter than that, and infection rates drop.

Source (multiple, but here's one): https://www.scmp.com/news/china/sci...-sensitive-high-temperatures-dont-bank-summer

ROFL. You are quoting the commies as a source? The same commies who told the WHO human2human transmission does not occur? No that is not a fact.

ChinaOwnsWHO.png

Attachments

• ChinaOwnsWHO.png
      ChinaOwnsWHO.png
      14.2 KB · Views: 393

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    What non-airborne transmission?

World Health Organization director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus assured people on Twitter last week that “actually it’s not airborne.”
    We have a communication issue. The majority of transmission is from surfaces. That is non airborn.

The doc was explaining why these viruses are seasonal. When out of the body on a surface the quickly loose their ability to attack cells as the temps rise. It doesn't kill them as much as makes them impotent as it were and they die out that way.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    We have a communication issue. The majority of transmission is from surfaces. That is non airborn.

noted, my bad. According to WHO/CDC, the majority is person to person droplets. Not from surfaces, unless the droplets are extremely large.

If it was from surfaces they would tell folks to wear gloves, which would promptly cause a run on gloves.

The 6 foot rule is about breathing someone else's air.

Last edited:

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Thankful for the ignore feature
    There is a guy on another site who uses his ignore list as his sig line.

Don't be that guy.

No one gives a shit except you who you ignore.

Homework assignment is narcissism.

Now if you start putting a check mark by the names on your list then by all means alert the media.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Don't be that guy.

We are discussing how a life threatening virus spreads, and he runs when his point of view is not accepted without question. There is certainly a lot of conflicting info out there, hence why I am avoiding referencing any body who is not CDC or WHO.

There is a lot of unknowns right now. Why men are 2x likely to die, why under 18 have so few cases, why some are asymptopic, etc.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX

Don't be that guy.

Homework assignment is narcissism.

Now if you start putting a check mark by the names on your list then by all means alert the media.
    I have an intolerance for stupid, better to take a break from someone who's confused by "non-airborne" and then dismisses information...

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    We are discussing how a life threatening virus spreads, and he runs when his point of view is not accepted without question. There is certainly a lot of conflicting info out there, hence why I am avoiding referencing any body who is not CDC or WHO.
    Ya, even the WHO is suspect to me as they are/were just parroting chicom propaganda in relation to some of their statements.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I have an intolerance for stupid, better to take a break from someone who's confused by "non-airborne" and then dismisses information...
    Communication issues are a 2 way problem. I probably could have been clearer. I could tell we were basically saying the same thing.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Ya, even the WHO is suspect to me as they are/were just parroting chicom propaganda in relation to some of their statements.

That was a black eye for sure.

But the CDC and Fauce & Birx seem to be doing a good job. Birx correctly predicted the upsurge in positives in the USA.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    I'm not convinced the WHO or CDC is 100% truthful... part of their purpose is to control public perception...

Commies can still get some things right, the AK is a very robust and effective platform, one of the most prolific on the planet. I just don't want them in charge.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Communication issues are a 2 way problem. I probably could have been clearer. I could tell we were basically saying the same thing.

Correct. "airborne" can be interpreted in more than one way. Almost all human2human cases passed through the air somehow, hence the 6 foot rule. The WHO guy was using the double negative version of "airborne" which threw me. English is not his first language.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Commies can still get some things right, the AK is a very robust and effective platform, one of the most prolific on the planet. I just don't want them in charge.

Some one break his heart and tell him we are talking about Chinese communists, and they did not invent the AK. Of course he may put you on ignore, he does not accept criticism well.

Last edited:

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Yeah, like I probably shouldn't have led with the 133 degree stat, but it was late and that was the first number that came to mind.

I'm still going to be concerned and prepare for another possible pandemic come winter.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm not convinced the WHO or CDC is 100% truthful... part of their purpose is to control public perception...

First it's a long way from making...ETA copying...AKs to advanced cellular biology and virology.

Second, no one is doubting their ability or knowledge. With authoritarian regimes and systems it is their truthfulness and suppression of negative info that is of concern.

They are phucking lying bastards regardless of the damage it does.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    First it's a long way from making AKs to advanced cellular biology and virology.

Second, no one is doubting their ability or knowledge. With authoritarian regimes and systems it is their truthfulness and suppression of negative info that is of concern.

They are phucking lying bastards regardless of the damage it does.
    But profiling of the virus's behavior isn't necessarily "negative information"... how it started, and they handled/are handling it I'd fully expect nothing but bovine scatology from them...

I'm not sure how they'd benefit from lying about temperatures that a virus propagates the fastest at... but I agree they'd lie if there was any reason.

Corona viruses in General are heat sensitive- SARS and MERS are, for example... just how heat sensitive requires independent testing and/or good data analysis.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Corona viruses in General are heat sensitive- SARS and MERS are, for example... just how heat sensitive requires independent testing and/or good data analysis.

LOL

A few minutes ago he was certain COVID19 was heat sensitive and died at 133. Now he has backtracked to generalizing about SARS/MERS and "just how heat sensitive requires independent testing and/or good data analysis."

In other words, "I made up the 133 number out of thin air."

Because this virus is heat sensitive... same reason there is a "flu season" Nov-March in most states.

Top Bottom