• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The one person I know personally that has COVID19 is counting his blessings.

He had it. Blessed with a mild clinical course. His body is, as I type, furiously replicating antibodies to protect him.

He is afebrile for 3 days. Re-tested today. Could be back, free to participate in this great world, coronavirus free and immunologically fully protected my his radiantly glorious humoral immunity.
    He may be back at work and shopping at HEB early next week.

The unafflicted people he caused to be quarantined will still be shut down at home.

There is a sinister little id-residing alter ego of me hoping to get a mild case sooner rather than later to get it over with.
    Of course the rational part of me knows I could get A.R.D.S. and find myself, gasping hypoxic, dying on a ventilator or worse.

HKS

Last edited:

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    While unlikely there a few cases of double infections.

Link to reference? That's a new concept to me.
    May have been true of SARS as it mutated, though I've not seen suggestion that it's been seen with COVID19. Educate me.

More likely 2 completely different viruses???

I had Influenza B in January and tested negative.
    Back to back seasonal flu and Covid would just be lousy luck.

Last edited:

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Why could't this happen in September? I'd be at the coast.
    Because this virus is heat sensitive... same reason there is a "flu season" Nov-March in most states.

Part of what I'm concerned about is the pandemic will fade in April and everyone will think we're in the clear... and it comes roaring back during the holidays when temperatures are lower and people travel all over.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    CDC dr just said there is no evidence of heat sensitivity. Lots of infections in very warm climates.
    Source? What was reading is that 100% of the virus is dead by 133 degrees... I'm not saying you're wrong, just trying to weed thru all the (mis)information, since I don't have a viral lab at my disposal

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Source? What was reading is that 100% of the virus is dead by 133 degrees... I'm not saying you're wrong, just trying to weed thru all the (mis)information, since I don't have a viral lab at my disposal

Source was CDC dr on Foxnews when you typed that.

133 degrees, lol. May want to check "highest temperatures ever recorded on earth".

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock

Ambient temp of 133 ain’t going to happen in enough places to make a difference.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Not ambient, localized... and that's when it's 100% dead... there is a curve where it propagates and multiplies the best... around 8-9 centigrade is when they found the peak for Covid-19.

Every touch any surface in a Texas summer where the sun is shining? Sure as hell can reach that hot on the very surface.

Viruses aren't digital, they don't need to all reach 133 degrees for infections to drop way down, especially with quarantines & social distancing... slow the growth rate enough and it fades away. Conditions get more favorable and it comes back.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Source was CDC dr on Foxnews when you typed that.

133 degrees, lol. May want to check "highest temperatures ever recorded on earth".

Try using an infrared thermometer on your car handle, and outdoor table, or just about anything the sun shines upon during a Texas summer day

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    She, the doc on fox, was talking about a temp where their ability to enter a cell, i.e the crown appendages they use to attach to cells thus why they are called corona, are destroyed to the point they can no longer enter other cells thus no more transmission from surfaces. It's why corona and similar virus die out in warmer weather. Not the actual complete death of the organism.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Try using an infrared thermometer on your car handle, and outdoor table, or just about anything the sun shines upon during a Texas summer day

And that has what to do with an infected person passing it to another? There are no documented cases of getting this virus from door handle or table.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    She, the doc on fox, was talking about a temp where their ability to enter a cell, i.e the crown appendages they use to attach to cells thus why they are called corona, are destroyed to the point they can no longer enter other cells thus no more transmission from surfaces. It's why corona and similar virus die out in warmer weather. Not the actual complete death of the organism.

The female fox dr is a radiologist.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    And that has what to do with an infected person passing it to another? There are no documented cases of getting this virus from door handle or table.
    Not to be an ars but how do you think non airborne transmission happens?

Top Bottom