• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1. Not sure how to sign in Spanish.
    2. No, but would be funny.
    3. Not quite sure what you mean. We try to keep folks away from each, best we can now, and some wear masks. Lots of noises to speak over.
    upload_2020-3-20_12-57-14.jpeg
    Lynx Defense

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-20_12-57-14.jpeg
      upload_2020-3-20_12-57-14.jpeg
      4.9 KB · Views: 266

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So no matter how sick you feel, or are, come to work, infect everybody, but at least you got your paycheck.

Pretty much the way we’ve always done it. If I’m on call I will put the sick guy in the other truck with someone I don’t like though.

With the Covid frenzy they are not allowing that. Both our company and the company we contract for are pretty much saying that if you get the sniffles you will get sent home. For us, that probably means the entire crew since we share a truck 5-7 days a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...3. Not quite sure what you mean. We try to keep folks away from each, best we can now, and some wear masks. Lots of noises to speak over.

Does the communication barrier created by social distancing an immediate safety hazard (i.e., somebody’s going to lose an appendage) that wouldn’t otherwise exist? If it does, then is the risk to the worker worth the measure?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Does the communication barrier created by social distancing an immediate safety hazard (i.e., somebody’s going to lose an appendage) that wouldn’t otherwise exist? If it does, then is the risk to the worker worth the measure?
    I can't think of any industry I worked in where social distancing would create any material hazard.

mdf9183

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2018
    Bastrop
    I see where the Gov. of Calif. has shut down the whole state but has the pot stores listed as essential businesses so at least you can stay stoned while your sitting in your living room for a month or so.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    No. No real safety hazards in my shop. Just further realization of how folks don’t think through things. I’m told no group meetings and to keep distance best we can on shop floor. I can have several small groups get together closely on shop floor where I go over the policy, or have one quick big meeting and be done. None of which maintain “social distancing” guidelines.

I’ll print the memo from HR and make sure everyone has one. Doesn’t mean they’ll read it though.

Break.

Just got a text asking about having someone walk around and clean door handles and keyboards while we work. They might hire create a position to do that.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I see where the Gov. of Calif. has shut down the whole state but has the pot stores listed as essential businesses so at least you can stay stoned while your sitting in your living room for a month or so.

GameStop is also claiming they’re essential...

ba1b5394fbe23b05bfea7f93aac594af.jpg

53d1a65ce4bfc3c41d4dbde1dbf3df7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• ba1b5394fbe23b05bfea7f93aac594af.jpg
      ba1b5394fbe23b05bfea7f93aac594af.jpg
      23.6 KB · Views: 279
    • 53d1a65ce4bfc3c41d4dbde1dbf3df7f.jpg
      53d1a65ce4bfc3c41d4dbde1dbf3df7f.jpg
      40.3 KB · Views: 234

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    According to the CDC and Florida Department of Health they are encouraging everyone to get tested ASAP!!! The US is taking the coronavirus very seriously. New testing methods are being done without having to leave your house. No hospital visit necessary! All you have to do is mail a stool sample to:

Nancy Pelosi
    1236 Longworth H.O.B.
    Washington, DC 20515
    phone: (202) 225-4965

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    According to the CDC and Florida Department of Health they are encouraging everyone to get tested ASAP!!! The US is taking the coronavirus very seriously. New testing methods are being done without having to leave your house. No hospital visit necessary! All you have to do is mail a stool sample to:

Nancy Pelosi
    1236 Longworth H.O.B.
    Washington, DC 20515
    phone: (202) 225-4965

I love this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They can compare it to what they took from me in the military and make sure I’m not an alien.

Aside from that, I haven’t seen any actual evidence of them creating a DNA database. They could be I guess, but it’s not high on my spectrum of things to be worried about without something to show me it’s happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom