• Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    My buddy posted this elsewhere.
    I want to believe it’s true, but really who knows...

————
    My gun collecting neighbor got a text from another friend today. This "friend" is a lefty. He seriously asks if he can borrow a gun in case things get crazy.

Hey, can I borrow a gun?

Um, no. That would be illegal. Gun laws, you know?

But I need one now....

Um, no. You have to go take a safety class, and show you can operate a firearm.

But...

Then there's the mandatory ten day waiting period. Gun laws you wanted, remember?

Yes, I know but I need one..

LOL. Sorry, we need to keep guns out of the hands of people who have no business handling firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe it. Lots of chatter on the gun boards over this very thing.
    No way I’d loan a firearm to a lefty.
    Aside from the F. U. aspect Think of the liability angle.
    Handing a deadly weapon to an untrained novice is bad juju.
    You know they’d be doing stupid things with the gun and accidentally shoot one of their kids or themselves so they would sue you.
    No thanks.
    You want to play in the game you have to buy a ticket. Go down and buy one at the gun store like everyone else did. They get all quiet when they risk some skin in the game.
    I’ll gladly show you how to use and care for your new firearm.
    DK Firearms

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Wonder if some will change their mind about private transactions now.

Doubtful.
    Beings libtards they’ll just blame others for their own stupidity.
    Remember the old joke about the guy dying from snake bite who picked up the rattlesnake that was asking for help?
    Yeah. Well. That’s how I see libtards.
    You knew what they were before you picked them up.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Fort Worth went full retard.

Restaurants can operate at 50% capacity...however the maximum allowed is 125. The way the dingbat mayor was talking it sounded as if your establishment held 124 people the most you could have would be 62, including staff. However if it held 126 you could have 125 people in there.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Fort Worth went full retard.

Restaurants can operate at 50% capacity...however the maximum allowed is 125. The way the dingbat mayor was talking it sounded as if your establishment held 124 people the most you could have would be 62, including staff. However if it held 126 you could have 125 people in there.

The 125 max was for businesses with certificate of occupancy > 250. Otherwise it is 1/2 of the stated max on the certificate of occupancy...inclusive of employees and customers.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You think things are crazy now, wait till people are turned away from hospitals.

That is what they are trying to avoid. Reduce the spread of the disease to avoid millions per month getting it. There is some number (10K, 100K, 1M, etc) they can handle per month indefinitely, but over that they run out of resources. So slow it down and spread it out over time.
    Millions per month getting it?

And upon what is that based??

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've heard talk of restaurants only doing take out, but I had not heard that Dallas went and made that mandatory. So much for groceries getting back in stock.

It’s true. Took my staff to Pappadiuex’s last night. Glad I picked there. As of last night at midnight, Dallas County restaurants are only open for take out.

Ate my last meal in a restaurant for a while. Gonna miss that. I ordered everyone an extra meal to take home. Eating out is one of my favorite things to do.

Last edited:

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock

You don’t need millions of people per month getting it. The USA has about 950,000 hospital beds available. Yes, that is all beds available. If those 100,000 are ICU capable.

Let’s for the sake of argument assume that we can purge all beds into MASH units and prioritize KungFlu cases for the hospitals and ICU. Let’s also assume that we can upgrade all beds to handle ventilators... You can put a million people into a bed. Out of 400,000,000 population. Not a lot of care to go around, especially if you also take into account staffing levels, raw material supplies...

Once you get 100k across the entire nation in the ICU you’re turning critical cases away. That means people possibly dying. So now you have health care rationing.

It’s imperative that folks do the best they can to NOT get sick and just as importantly to not spread stuff around. Since this is symptom free for 2 weeks yet contagious, how are you going to do that? Hope and prayer aren’t a good answer.

Panicing is just as retarded as going out to Disney, or a fooooball game.

You can actually use common sense to protect yourself and your family without going overboard. Unfortunately, common sense ain’t common cause we see stupid folks hopping airplanes while running a fever, or skipping quarantine after exposure cause muh freedom.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    My buddy posted this elsewhere.
    I want to believe it’s true, but really who knows...

————
    My gun collecting neighbor got a text from another friend today. This "friend" is a lefty. He seriously asks if he can borrow a gun in case things get crazy.

Hey, can I borrow a gun?

Um, no. That would be illegal. Gun laws, you know?

But I need one now....

Um, no. You have to go take a safety class, and show you can operate a firearm.

But...

Then there's the mandatory ten day waiting period. Gun laws you wanted, remember?

Yes, I know but I need one..

LOL. Sorry, we need to keep guns out of the hands of people who have no business handling firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Well, I don't believe it - but it's too entertaining not to reuse.

plinkr

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    US

It's based on the mathematics of viral spread. If 1 person infects 10, then those 10 infect 100, then those 100 infect 1,000, then those 1,000 infect 10,000, then those 10,000 infect 100,000 and so on. Exponential growth. This outbreak is teaching us a lot of things, including how deficient math education is in the US. Or maybe just on this forum.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It's based on the mathematics of viral spread. If 1 person infects 10, then those 10 infect 100, then those 100 infect 1,000, then those 1,000 infect 10,000, then those 10,000 infect 100,000 and so on. Exponential growth. This outbreak is teaching us a lot of things, including how deficient math education is in the US. Or maybe just on this forum.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk
    All diseases do not necessarily spread that way. Look at the rest of the world to figure that out right now.

Common sense is uncommon today, sometimes even on this board.

Top Bottom