• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Hahahahaha! Didn't realize I was panicking :)

I try to avoid panic, because it's impossible to get the timing right. For almost all of the 13.5 billion year lifespan of this universe it has been either too soon or too late for panic to be a useful response.

But since you felt comfortable giving me advice, I shall return the favor. Either learn the science or listen to people who know it. Ignorant bliss is just as bad as panic.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk
    You still have not justified your million cases to come in the US number.

I will put my knowledge of science up against yours any day of the week. And from the looks of things, it would not be much of a challenge. { Happen to have a degree in applied science from a world renowned university.}

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    9534831B-47F1-48BD-9487-256561A2FB4C.gif

Attachments

• 9534831B-47F1-48BD-9487-256561A2FB4C.gif
      9534831B-47F1-48BD-9487-256561A2FB4C.gif
      176.9 KB · Views: 595

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    China only has 80,000 cases. Even if they are only reporting half, that is a LONG way from a million.

Stop panicking.

We are only a few days from a million.

As they say "Your posts will not age well". I doubt they will make it to April 1.

US based cases are about to skyrocket.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    Per WHO (https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/influenza-(seasonal)):

“[flu] Illnesses range from mild to severe and even death. Hospitalization and death occur mainly among high risk groups. Worldwide, these annual epidemics are estimated to result in about 3 to 5 million cases of severe illness, and about 290 000 to 650 000 respiratory deaths.

In industrialized countries most deaths associated with influenza occur among people age 65 or older.”

Covid-19 has some work to do to catch up to that.

plinkr

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    US
    You still have not justified your million cases to come in the US number.

I will put my knowledge of science up against yours any day of the week. And from the looks of things, it would not be much of a challenge. { Happen to have a degree in applied science from a world renowned university.}
    So you have a degree. That's soo cute!

I never claimed there WOULD be a million cases, I merely explained mathematically how we might get there. FWIW, I will bet you a hamburger and a coke that the US will have way more than one million infected people. No reason to panic, just use common sense and try to flatten the curve.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    China only has 80,000 cases. Even if they are only reporting half, that is a LONG way from a million.

Stop panicking.

Sorry, if you think that China is even close to telling the truth then you're a special kind of stupid.

Half the damn country could have died and they would not report it as it would cause them to lose face.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I didn't congregate in large groups of people, or visit venues that had large groups of people before Coronavirus. So I see no reason now to change my way of doing things!

I'm not a social type person, and really don't care for most people to begin with.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Sorry, if you think that China is even close to telling the truth then you're a special kind of stupid.

Half the damn country could have died and they would not report it as it would cause them to lose face.
    Did you read the part about "Even if they are only reporting half, that is a LONG way from a million."??

Apparently not. Read again before posting that kind of crap.

Top Bottom