• ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Now there is supposedly a "Lambda" variant...

87526-twentieth_century_fox.jpg

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Is J&J still the one to go with if you “have” to get get the shot?
    J&J have been the best in addressing issues resulting from their vaccine. And they use proven vaccine tech, not mRNA. My wife & I got the J&J vax, and we've had no problems. Those we know who got it are doing well too.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    J&J have been the best in addressing issues resulting from their vaccine. And they use proven vaccine tech, not mRNA. My wife & I got the J&J vax, and we've had no problems. Those we know who got it are doing well too.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    What is meant by proven? Do they say that it makes it to where you won't get COVID? I'm curious, because It's still not approved.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What is meant by proven?

Instead of using mRNA, the J & J shot uses a traditional method of disabled adenovirus as the vector. This adenovirus is in no way related to the coronavirus. Although it can deliver the instructions on how to defeat the coronavirus, it can’t replicate in your body.

..Do they say that it makes it to where you won't get COVID?
    No, but none of the three in the US make that claim, despite what the media states. The mRNA vac data suggests up to about a 90% chance of preventing moderate to severe illness if you get the virus. J&J is somewhat lower at a 74% chance of preventing moderate to severe illness if you get the virus.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    No, but none of the three in the US make that claim, despite what the media states. The mRNA vac data suggests up to about a 90% chance of preventing moderate to severe illness if you get the virus. J&J is somewhat lower at a 74% chance of preventing moderate to severe illness if you get the virus.
    That's still a bit too trusting for a drug that is still in a testing phase. Could be it's a wonder drug, but I'm still suspicious of a drug that creates cytotoxins within the body.

Reactions: gll

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    That's still a bit too trusting for a drug that is still in a testing phase. Could be it's a wonder drug, but I'm still suspicious of a drug that creates cytotoxins within the body.

Don’t disagree with that, and can’t speak for the mRNA shots, but that’s entirely not how the J&J works. If I was going to get one today, J&J is the only one I would consider.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Don’t disagree with that, and can’t speak for the mRNA shots, but that’s entirely not how the J&J works. If I was going to get one today, J&J is the only one I would consider.
    Just don't get all your information from J&J and the CDC. If you do go to get it, ask them if they have the medical information (what it does, and the risks involved) that is required to be given for all drugs.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    er,

It'll be an interesting read if they comply, though I don't see them complying...

I hope I'm wrong.
    As far as I know, nobody has gotten it. Only verbal, which I'm sure they've been coached. I wouldn't trust my doctor if he told me "I don't have the information in print, but they've given me the schpeel".

Top Bottom