• easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    No, trumps done.
    Really? Sure doesn't look that way to me.
    You're half right. Trump needs to stay out of it. DeSantis needs to be the Republican candidate and he needs to find a solid VP.

Trump will do more damage than good.
    What damage? Because democrats hate him with a passion? Because he was undermined by establishment politicians on both sides? By the look of his rallies this year, unless he decides not to run, he will win. His popularity is way above DeSantis. Don't get me wrong, I like DeSantis and I certainly would vote for him, but if he's up against Trump, Trump wins.
    Lynx Defense

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Don't get me wrong, I like DeSantis and I certainly would vote for him, but if he's up against Trump, Trump wins.

If the RNC is dumb enough to put these two powerhouses up as a binary choice (one or the other), and not put them together to combine their strengths, then we’re all doomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Here’s the kicker for me with all these political mental masturbation threads: nobody seems to be taking the long view and instead is just participating in yet another popularity contest. Same can be said of the Allan West thread.

The biggest threat to good governance (which should be the goal of all governments) is the tyranny of politics. Let your imagine run wild with a system in which political affiliation did not exist…

Meanwhile, we’re stuck with a system that thrives on bipolar conflict.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    ^^^ yup. Here's some more that need to go away.

Attachments

• Texas-Democrat-Lawmakers-Escape-on-a-Plane-640x480.jpg
      Texas-Democrat-Lawmakers-Escape-on-a-Plane-640x480.jpg
      59.9 KB · Views: 71

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Really? Sure doesn't look that way to me.

What damage? Because democrats hate him with a passion? Because he was undermined by establishment politicians on both sides? By the look of his rallies this year, unless he decides not to run, he will win. His popularity is way above DeSantis. Don't get me wrong, I like DeSantis and I certainly would vote for him, but if he's up against Trump, Trump wins.
    The primary "battle" between Trump and Desantis, done without rancor, would probably be good for the final Trump/DeSantis ticket, just for the added exposure, and that ticket would certainly look better for the future than Trump/Pence did in 2016...

If, at some point in the campaign for the nomination, Trump were to step aside in favor of DeSantis, that would also look good for DeSantis, but I think both need to run.

Trump and DeSantis need to orchestrate the primary to the best benefit of the Republican Party, not by bashing each other during the campaign. If the past is any indication, that may be hard for Trump, but maybe he has learned some things...

Naturally, I would vote for either Trump or DeSantis in the general, but if Trump is in the primary, I might have a hard time voting against him.

Hopefully, we will be offered a much more narrow primary field than 2016.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yeah, but they’ll be back.
    Hopefully put in handcuffs upon arrival.

They'll only be forced to vote. Abbott's threat that they will be arrested doesn't mean jail time. We need an abdication of duty clause. If you leave to avoid a quorum, then you get replaced.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ^^^ yup. Here's some more that need to go away.

Goddämn every time I see that picture it burns my ass. Prima facie evidence of violating federal law. The FAA puts that in a category of passenger misconduct and currently has a zero tolerance enforcement policy, complete with civil money penalty and/or federal prison time for not wearing a mask.

Alas, they will look the other way on this and do nothing.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Goddämn every time I see that picture it burns my ass. Prima facie evidence of violating federal law. The FAA puts that in a category of passenger misconduct and currently has a zero tolerance enforcement policy, complete with civil money penalty and/or federal prison time for not wearing a mask.

Alas, they will look the other way on this and do nothing.

Rules only apply to the plebs.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    WE all keep hoping there will be a fair election. After Soro's and the communist figured out how to rig an election I am afraid there will never be another one. ,
    I understand, I felt the same after the 2020 election. My hope is that the election recounts in the questionable states reveals that. Not that I believe it will change what happened in 2020, but that it makes it to where it doesn't happen again. My only wish is that the recounts were in all states. Does anyone really believe Biden got anywhere near 81 million votes?

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    If the RNC is dumb enough to put these two powerhouses up as a binary choice (one or the other), and not put them together to combine their strengths, then we’re all doomed.
    Do not underestimate their stupidity.
    They continue to ask for contributions, while Murkowski, Collins,Romney,and Sasse are still part of the party.
    Nope.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Do not underestimate their stupidity.
    They continue to ask for contributions, while Murkowski, Collins,Romney,and Sasse are still part of the party.
    Nope.

I’d vote to build gallows to hang these treasonous bastards…but have you seen the price of lumber lately? Still would be worth it…

d7cd17fad4a61a4623ed59a1de2c608c.jpg

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I’d vote to build gallows to hang these treasonous bastards…but have you seen the price of lumber lately? Still would be worth it…

Wow a screenshot from Twitter. How could that not be true?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Actually lumber prices have dropped over 40% in the last month I was reading in an article on one of my news feeds.

Lets build them gallows!

Top Bottom