• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Ill already have a target rifle in 22-250 for practice. I'm building the 300 to test my ability. As far as the "bank of daddy"; I work hard for my toys. I'm doing 40 hour weeks in the summer to pay. I give the money to my dad, he sits on it and gives me a little interest. I'm not free loading off him!

Suck cock Doc
    Gun Zone Deals

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    I already have a 6-24 power Nikon Monarch. I reload for the rifle but after a new barrel I will have to adjust. The $600 is for the barrel and muzzle brake. Do I have to crown the barrel if I have a muzzle brake? How would I glass pack the action? I'm thinking of retrofitting the existing stock for the new barrel. What scope mounts would you recommend for the savage? I'm not to happy with the ones I have.

I'm going to take this rifle step by step.

I would rather just skip over most of this thread and just for educational sake I will answer these questions.

When you get the barrel threaded for the brake they will crown it.

Glass bedding is not hard. Tricky but not hard. Midway sells kit and videos, describing it step by step is not feasible tonight as I am too tired to type it all out. Google would probably have tons of results that would be better written anyway.

If you do change the profile of the barrel and keep your stock then glass bedding and floating the barrel are not much more work than getting the new barrel to fit anyway.

Any high end rings will do. Heck most mid grade rings will do.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Get the equipment to hand load the 22-250, it will test your abilities just fine.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    I reload all my rounds.

Whats wrong with wanting to shoot a 1000? Is it that bad of an idea? Or is there a jealousy thing?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I reload all my rounds.

Whats wrong with wanting to shoot a 1000? Is it that bad of an idea? Or is there a jealousy thing?

Jealous, LMMFAO. Of what?

You say you are already reloading everything you shoot yet you don't seem to know the finer points of fine tuning accurate loads for a particular rifl and you have no interest in learning.

You ask for advise on shooting 1000 yrds and when that advise doesn't include your daddy's 300 win mag you get butt hurt.

I have nothing no reason to be jealous of a 16y/o kid who gets on his moms computer to act like he knows more than people who have been doing this crap before you were born.

You don't want to learn how to make rounds that will shoot accurately to 1000 yrds and you don't want to learn how to shoot that far. You just want to know how to build a rifle that will shoot that far. My bet is that you are the weak link in the system right now.

Seems to me, since you are so much smarter than everyone here you could figure it out or yourself. Hell, you don't even know where to start.

Nope, not jealous at all. I'm doin good enough that I feel no need to make up stories about myself to impress others. My real life is better than your male believe dream world.

You remind me of a Brad Paisley song.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Jealous, LMMFAO. Of what?

You say you are already reloading everything you shoot yet you don't seem to know the finer points of fine tuning accurate loads for a particular rifl and you have no interest in learning.

You ask for advise on shooting 1000 yrds and when that advise doesn't include your daddy's 300 win mag you get butt hurt.

I have nothing no reason to be jealous of a 16y/o kid who gets on his moms computer to act like he knows more than people who have been doing this crap before you were born.

You don't want to learn how to make rounds that will shoot accurately to 1000 yrds and you don't want to learn how to shoot that far. You just want to know how to build a rifle that will shoot that far. My bet is that you are the weak link in the system right now.

Seems to me, since you are so much smarter than everyone here you could figure it out or yourself. Hell, you don't even know where to start.

Nope, not jealous at all. I'm doin good enough that I feel no need to make up stories about myself to impress others. My real life is better than your male believe dream world.

You remind me of a Brad Paisley song.

Lol I still think he should ask the gentlemen over at SOCnet for shooting advice. With his attitude it would provide hours of entertainment for us before the threads got disappeared.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    Trust me kid, of all the people I've met in person no one has reason to be jealous. You are un-coachable you can't receive criticism or suggestion. There are those who yearn for knowledge and get better and there are those who think they are the best and never get better.

You should always be learning and always be willing to take suggestions. I learned a couple of things from this thread that I will put into practice that I hope will make me better.

We gave you honest opinion and sound advice and you came back with immature banter.

If you had been honest and said I want to shoot to 1000 because I think it would be fun/cool/a challenge that would have been an acceptable answer. However you didn't. 1000 is such an arbitrary number, it means nothing. Yes it is a long shot, but so is 500!

Most hunters (except for a few, I'm sure) would be cautious about a shot at that distance. Target shooters refine their craft after years and thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars.

I have no need to shoot at 1000, most people do not either. It's not practical or financially responsible. But I'm sure it's a fun challenge.

I suggest going over to www.lightfighter.net and ask them. They may be able to help.

In the case that you are a troll, well played.

Top Bottom