• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's a little bumpy getting there, but once a thread is completely done for we can send it out in style.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Sorry about starting a fire, I knew I shouldn't have said that. There are too many good people on here to stop coming back. I'm taking all advice given, but I still want to shoot a 1000 yards. I'm always looking for a challenge and a mile long (1700) is my next goal.

Is a 1:10 twist barrel enough to stabilize a 230 grain bullet, the barrel will be 26 in?

At what distance do you have to calculate for wind, temp, humidity? At 300 yards it doesn't make a difference, that I can tell.

What size targets are used for 1000 yard shots?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Must.......resist......temptation........baaaahhhhhhaaaaaa

How do you plan to shoot 1000 yrds if you can't shoot good enough to see the effects that wind has at 300 yrds????

You are SOOOO full of CRAP.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Keltec is the only rifle worth a shit for long distance. If I need to reach beyond the 500 I normally shoot, I simply saddle clamp a pipe extension to the muzzle. GTG

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I ain't so old that I've forgotten my youth.

I got a lot of respect for your opinion Vaquero. And I understand what your sayin.

I just don't think I was ever this bad. Just too much do t seen right. I did my best to give the benefit of the doubt for some time but as it went on it has gotten worse and worse. To the point of body armor and firing off his guns in the house to check how his ear plugs work.

Maybe I'm just unintentionally falling in with the group on this one but I made a big effort to come to my own conclusion on this one. I just have trouble believing anymore that it is just a kid being a kid.

But with that and looking at the situation, I'm stepping away. Nothing good will come from posting one way or the other.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I got a lot of respect for your opinion Vaquero. And I understand what your sayin.

I just don't think I was ever this bad. Just too much do t seen right. I did my best to give the benefit of the doubt for some time but as it went on it has gotten worse and worse. To the point of body armor and firing off his guns in the house to check how his ear plugs work.

Maybe I'm just unintentionally falling in with the group on this one but I made a big effort to come to my own conclusion on this one. I just have trouble believing anymore that it is just a kid being a kid.

But with that and looking at the situation, I'm stepping away. Nothing good will come from posting one way or the other.

You might not have been that bad when you were 16, but think about how annoying your are now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I ain't so old that I've forgotten my youth.

True..I was full of it when I was 16.....Military took it out of me at 17, though....

Alaska, read, listen and learn....you don't help your yourself by sticking your foot in it..

Every time you try to show us you have knowledge, you show us you really don't...

At 300 yards it doesn't make a difference, that I can tell.

I applaud your enthusiasm, but slow down.....and settle into the saddle...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    True..I was full of it when I was 16.....Military took it out of me at 17, though....

Alaska, read, listen and learn....you don't help your yourself by sticking your foot in it..

Every time you try to show us you have knowledge, you show us you really don't...

I applaud your enthusiasm, but slow down.....and settle into the saddle...

This is good info (I know, I said I was stepping away).

When I was 15/16 there was a guy that used to let me go out and shoot at his place. Had everything from suppressor a to MGs to bolt guns and a pretty cool Thompson MG.

Anyways, he had a way with words and when he would try to show me how to do something and I would start telling him everything I already knew about it he was polite enough to say "HEY, shut the **** up and listen!"

I learned a lot that way, and if I didn't shut up and listen he wouldn't waste his time.

So Alsaska, please don't take this the wrong way.

If you are really here to learn something, shut up and listen.

There is a lot you don't know and you don't know you don't know it. If you will sit back and slow down a little you will learn a lot but you won't learn it all on a day.

That's the last advice I will give you, take it or leave it.

Top Bottom