• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    It looked a lot worse when it happened. Once I cleaned it up it was a lot less menacing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    I've often wondered something that maybe you can answer as a medical professional... What one word adjective would you use to describe a wound with purulent drainage? Pusy?

Purulent is the adjective for a wound with pus

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I normally use povidone solution on it to kill germs. Then Noosporin on it after that. If its on the toe, I would get stitches. Things heal slowly as you age. Better to get a head start on it, and reality is on your toe, its going to be tough to heal if you are walking around alot.

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    I've often wondered something that maybe you can answer as a medical professional... What one word adjective would you use to describe a wound with purulent drainage? Pusy?

The correct term for the exudate would be ‘pussy’; if there is also blood mixed in, it would be ‘bloody pussy’.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Got my finger chewed up with a router bit. Didn't go to doctor, no meat to stitch up to. I just cleaned it up, kept it clean and bandaged for a few weeks till it skinned over pretty good. Although I didn't go to doctor, I do have EMT training and several family members are RN's and GP's, so I was pretty well covered. Main thing is to keep any wound clean and dressed.

mEWNpbw.jpg

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Got my finger chewed up with a router bit. Didn't go to doctor, no meat to stitch up to. I just cleaned it up, kept it clean and bandaged for a few weeks till it skinned over pretty good. Although I didn't go to doctor, I do have EMT training and several family members are RN's and GP's, so I was pretty well covered. Main thing is to keep any wound clean and dressed.

You should avoid woodworking implements in the future.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

That's the exact reason I don't do wood work. I tried my hand at a cabinet shop. I was the drawer dude. I made it all. Cutting a sheet of drawer bottom on a 3hp table saw. It kicked back. I was wearing overalls at the time. I stood a chance of that basturd cutting my guts.

I bet you're still doing woodworking too. Respect but fu¢k that $hit. I'll stick to somewhat dull metal.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Gees
    When I was little me and my friends would go exploring in the bayou behind my house. There was this one drainage pipe that we would cross the water at a lot. There was a bunch of broken concrete as stepping stones. One friend slipped and cut his leg on some rock or rebar, not sure. It was bleeding pretty badly "hey dude, you think we should turn back? It's bleeding a lot"
    Me- "nah maybe a lil later. You'll be fine..."
    We got back and cleaned it up. Looked like a 3" scalpel cut with fat hanging out...

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    The correct term for the exudate would be ‘*****’; if there is also blood mixed in, it would be ‘bloody *****’.

Nope: Pus is Purulent exudate, bloody is sanguineous; unless frankly bleeding, bloody exudate is almost always sero sanguineous, that is mixed with serous(clear) drainage.

For an open wound that is infected with presence of pus; I would describe it as Open Wound c presence of Purulent exudate c sero sanguious drainage.

Have done so before; many times!

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Many moons ago a group of friends and a keg found our way onto Crystal Beach. As many of you well know, beer doesn't take too long to find its way through your system, and I found myself trotting over the dunes to find a place to recycle it. On the way back to the keg, I mean my friends, my leg went straight through an old rusty 55 gallon drum that was 90% buried in the sand. On the way through, it opened up a nice 2 inch clean incision on the back of my calf. Interestingly (at least to me) there was very little blood despite being opened up pretty well. The cut thankfully was not deep at all, just enough to open the skin. I really should have got stitches, but I just taped it up good enough and left it alone. It healed nicely with no infection and no tetanus, thankfully.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Many moons ago a group of friends and a keg found our way onto Crystal Beach. As many of you well know, beer doesn't take too long to find its way through your system, and I found myself trotting over the dunes to find a place to recycle it. On the way back to the keg, I mean my friends, my leg went straight through an old rusty 55 gallon drum that was 90% buried in the sand. On the way through, it opened up a nice 2 inch clean incision on the back of my calf. Interestingly (at least to me) there was very little blood despite being opened up pretty well. The cut thankfully was not deep at all, just enough to open the skin. I really should have got stitches, but I just taped it up good enough and left it alone. It healed nicely with no infection and no tetanus, thankfully.

Laceration I doubt it was clean

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    That's the exact reason I don't do wood work. I tried my hand at a cabinet shop. I was the drawer dude. I made it all. Cutting a sheet of drawer bottom on a 3hp table saw. It kicked back. I was wearing overalls at the time. I stood a chance of that basturd cutting my guts.

I bet you're still doing woodworking too. Respect but fu¢k that $hit. I'll stick to somewhat dull metal.

Yup still doing cabinet/woodworking, it's my passion and will prolly do so till I die or Arther sets in and can't do it any more. In the 20 yrs of doing this work, only had that one major accident. In the same amount of time, I've been in 4 wrecks (all not my fault), so it seems safer than driving, lol

Top Bottom