• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    I understand all the reasons why they are trained to shoot center mass but don't understand why when that fails you don't shoot lower or an available target. Maybe the army taught me to think outside of a standard box. Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you so good a shot as to be certain of a one shot stop under duress and stress?

Many of us take our responsibilities as armed citizens much more seriously than the vast majority of peace officers and train hard and constantly, I among them, and I am in no way certain that I could accomplish what you suggest under those circumstances.

Having shot 11, killing 5 already, it's my opinion that he got all the due process he had coming to him. First priority, STOP THE THREAT.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
    Venture Surplus ad

DWDM_In_DFW

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Denton
    Just saw this: IMGUR album of the DPD shooter post-explosion.

Graphic, but not too terribly so, but still figured I'd post the link rather than embed the images directly in the post.

http://imgur.com/a/shCZS

Also, I called it: IOTV + plates. One on one, any cop who encountered him close up, like the one in that video clip by the parking garage entrance, would've been at a severe disadvantage: they'd be dumping their magazine into his chest and he'd still be combat effective and returning fire with what appears to be a 5.56 or 5.45 converted Saiga.

Hone

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    This guy presents himself as a good reason to start training for headshots from the get-go within 7-10 yards.

Hone

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Yeah, it is easier said than done - but training is everything. Dependably making head shots inside of 7 yards under stress is an attainable goal if you hold yourself to it and train for it. Knowing that your life may depend on it adds a lot of incentive.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Take an old CB whip antenna and put it on an R/c car. Tie a ballon to the top. Have someone drive it around. A car that can move 10-15mph would be best.

Boom. Headshot training.

Now park your truck between you and the RC car and roll down the windows. Stand 12 yards from the truck. Only take the shot through the cab as the car goes by on the other side. Now you've added some stress.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    As little time as the Army (general 11B MOS) spends on marksmanship; it's a lifetime more than most LEO get. Back when I was young and they were busy chiseling wheels out of stones the academy spent around 40 hrs on firearms. Hope that has been changed for the better, but I'm not holding my breath. Many departments have little to no continuing firearms training, just your yearly qualifications. Most LEO are then left to fend for themselves wrt additional training. I make a decent check and my budget is limited for formal classes. I can't imagine what a LEO salary can spring for.

In general LEO are NOT trained gun fighters. To expect them to be able to think clearly under great stress is unrealistic. If you want them to be able to think clearly under fire and make good tactical decisions you first need to train them that way. Unfortunately that's to UNPC for today's society. You see racial sensitivity and all tha BS is more important.
    ^^^^This^^^^

The saving grace for most agencies facing this threat is that many vets have sought careers in law enforcement....hence, the use of this improvised tactic.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Here's an article I shared about 2 weeks ago. And I agree very much with it. It talks about weapon mounted lights but it boils down to police training. My dad was a Deputy Sheriff for 20+ years. The training he described to me that they got for firearms training made me laugh then I was nervous realizing I had more training on firearms before I was able to drive a car than most of the guys with a badge walking around on the street.

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/weapon-mounted-lights-and-a-dirty-little-police-secret

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    I guess I didn't realize the lack of training the average patrol officer gets. That would explain why things happened why they did. Sad very sad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I guess I didn't realize the lack of training the average patrol officer gets. That would explain why things happened why they did. Sad very sad

They get very basic training. Few take it on themselves to get more than that. Few shoot more than just their qualifying rounds every year.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Truth hurts!

I watched the very men and women being protested against use their own bodies to shield those protesting them! I'm sick and tired of the PC "we have to be nice" bullshit culture in this country and fully support what Dan Patrick said!

Sent from...wait where am I!?

I'm confused. You wanted women and children to attack the shooter?

Protesting against alleged police abuse is a First Amendment right. As we are on a board dedicated to the Second Amendment, I would think you would be as concerned as with the rest do the Bill of Rights.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I'm confused. You wanted women and children to attack the shooter?

Protesting against alleged police abuse is a First Amendment right. As we are on a board dedicated to the Second Amendment, I would think you would be as concerned as with the rest do the Bill of Rights.

You know that is not what he meant.

There is a degree of hypocrisy in taking part in a BLM march (when some BLM people have called for violent action against police) and then turning to the police for protection the second things get dangerous.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    You know that is not what he meant.
    I know what you meant. I stand by the statement. How is it hypocrisy for women and children to run away from a shooter?

There is a degree of hypocrisy in taking part in a BLM march (when some BLM people have called for violent action against police) and then turning to the police for protection the second things get dangerous.
    How is it hypocrisy to expect the police to do their job. they are marching so that police DO THEIR JOB. When the shooting started the police DID THEIR JOB.

It is only hypocrisy if you believe that police should not be accountable and peacefully marching to for that is somehow bad.

Top Bottom