• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    So my daughter is going on a field trip this morning. She is in the fourth grade and is going to a ranch, where they were told to bring hats along. Now, my daughter knows what the NRA is and what they're about. She can shoot a 4 inch group, at ten yards with her Ruger SR22. Point is, she's aware. SO, she really wants to wear my NRA hat. I searched the code of conduct and do not see anything prohibiting the NRA. There is only one thing, that due to my ignorance, seems like it COULD prohibit this hat...

• show evidence of membership or affiliation in any gang, unauthorized club, or organization under FMC (LOCAL)

I have searched for the meaning of FMC and cannot find anything in relation. So, as far as I'm concerned, it seems like there shouldn't be a problem. Now of coarse I can send her to school with HER hat, but she states it doesn't fit well, and wants to represent the NRA. Being the type of person I am, who basis SOME decisions on principal of relating situations, I give her the go ahead.

See the thing is, is that durring las year's election, the school was having the students vote, and according to my INFORMED daughter, the teachers were preaching about "how great" Obama is. My daughter returned home that day disturbed at everyone's decision based on some adults misguided opinion. So I figure, if they can push politics on my kid, she can wear the NRA hat.

A bone in my body telle me to just avoid conflict and send her in her small hat but the activist in me tells me to let her go in the NRA hat, and if it becomes a thing, find out why, and either suck it up cause of the "FMC" thing that I am unaware of, or make a point that they can't push politics on my daughter and deny her her right to wear a hat with a logo of an organization we morally, and politically back.

What are your thoughts? Can anyone clear up what organizations fall under the "FMC"? God bless.
    Gun Zone Deals

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367403232.760663.jpg

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    Looks like the FMC is defined in the school board policy FNCA.. Try looking there.

If it were me, I would let her.. But I'm just that kind of guy that likes stirring the pot.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Looks like the FMC is defined in the school board policy FNCA.. Try looking there.

If it were me, I would let her.. But I'm just that kind of guy that likes stirring the pot.

Thank you. I found a little more info but still very vague. It doesn't state any "unauthorized organizations". I've been know to stir a pot or two, and if I can't find something showing that I'd be wrong to send her with that hat, consider this pot stirred.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    We got your back. Go for it

sent from my dishwasher

+1 ... with all the bad publicity these schools have been getting about the NRA, they'd be stupid to try anything. Doesn't mean they wouldn't, but ... We've got your back no matter what. If they could wear an article of clothing, or worse ... agenda pushing, about Obummer... then wearing a Republican/Libertarian/NRA article of clothing is fair game.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    My take:

The spirit of

show evidence of membership or affiliation in any gang, unauthorized club, or organization under FMC (LOCAL)

is to not incite a reaction.

I applaud your daughter's attitude and your support, but what positive thing would she hope to accomplish?

There's a time and place for everything ... ask yourself and your daughter ... "Is this the time?"

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    What are your thoughts?
    Honestly, you are over-thinking it. You've done due diligence, if the NRA is not specifically "unauthorized" she should wear the hat.

I applaud your daughter's attitude and your support, but what positive thing would she hope to accomplish?

There's a time and place for everything ... ask yourself and your daughter ... "Is this the time?"
    She's dressing the way she chooses which makes a child have a positive attitude and affects their day. Anything else is secondary.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    While I agree, they may not let her wear the hat, & if a hat is "required" I would hate for her to miss out on the trip.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Now if she was wearing a "My teacher is a jackwagon progressive moron" hat then I might give some pause before sending her out.
    Made me laugh. But yes I agree, if it is made to be a problem then it is their problem, not your daughters. I mean c'mon....my parents and grandparents taught me that if you believe in something then you stand for it. Yea, your going to get some push back sometimes, but heck that is part of growing up. I think your daughter is very informed and very smart according to what has been said here, I wouldn't for one second make her feel like she should back down from what she believes in and supports.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Just have put another hat in her backpack.......just in case.
    I agree with this, just so it doesn't sacrifice your daughter's fun time. Hopefully they won't say anything

Now if she was wearing a "My teacher is a jackwagon progressive moron" hat then I might give some pause before sending her out.

Just alter that a bit to say "My daughter's teacher is a jackwagon progressive moron", and wear it to the PTA meetings.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    She should wear the hat. Mr. JColumbus, you should meet with the principal (not the teacher) prior to the field trip. I'd be willing to bet it would be a smooth field trip after that. Campus administrators that are doing their job and doing it right, don't want surprises and negative publicity. If the meeting doesn't go well, you should meet with the superintendent immediately and let him/her know that if your daughter's rights of expression are withheld the school could be held liable and the media will be informed. Just thoughts from my experiences.

Top Bottom