DK Firearms

Dear Lord... let this be the correct thread!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    That's the safest option. There's plenty of HKs out there that haven't been tampered with and for that price you should have gotten a perfect gun.

Modern HK designs don't have parts that flop around loose like that when stripped for end user level maintenance. Bubba messed something up on that gun.
    “Bubba” is from New York. Been in Texas ~12 Years. :laughing:
    and I agree should not have had any problems @ $770.00. Still don’t think it was all that bad of deal. Yeah... it was over priced but did get some additional goodies To soften the blow some.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    “Bubba” is from New York. Been in Texas ~12 Years. :laughing:
    and I agree should not have had any problems @ $770.00. Still don’t think it was all that bad of deal. Yeah... it was over priced but did get some additional goodies To soften the blow some.
    That was not a bad package you bought. I got the same sights for my CZ and it ran about 80 bucks through Cajun Gun Works. TBH It sounds like the gun was run pretty hard from what you’re describing. H&K’s are pretty solid firearms so it would take a lot to rag it out.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Took a shower. While in the shower I got to wondering if the seller offering to come get/refund is the good karma coming from me telling the guy about my Academy stash of ammo the other day.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

This might be helpful in understanding some things that may have happened whenever this gun has been apart.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    This might be helpful in understanding some things that may have happened whenever this gun has been apart.

Thanks! I’ve got everything except for the trigger rebound spring tool. I’ll go there if I have to but for now I’m banking on pick up/refund.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA

Yes'sir.... this is an excellent tutorial on the H&K VP9. Using it I "may" be capable of describing the parts and where the problems is.

What's happening is the trigger bar is rising up in the rear. It doesn't rise much but it is enough such that when it contacts the hook on the trigger housing, see pic.

20200816_051420.jpg

You might be able to make out the blurry pointer on the left I'm using to point to the hook on the trigger housing. On the right center you can see a spring. Just to the right of that spring is the trigger bar. What's happening is as the trigger bar travels rearward it rises up. It ends up going over the hook of the trigger housing instead of into it. The the trigger bar slides on top of the hook and becomes wedged(for lack of a better term) and I have to manually push the trigger forward to get it to come down off that hook.

The following is a series of progressive photos of what's happening as I pull the trigger.

This is with the trigger at rest - no pressure.

20200816_053057.jpg

This one I'm starting to pull the trigger back and the trigger bar is making contact with the hook(don't know what else to call it) that is part of the trigger housing assembly.

20200816_053107.jpg

This photo is showing the trigger bar/trigger housing hook all the way back. At this point the hook on the trigger housing is as far back as it can go. I'm thinking the trigger bar should be under/in that hook area instead of on top of it.

20200816_053111.jpg

And then pulling the trigger all the way back the trigger bar is forced on top of the hook and wedges there requiring me to manually push the trigger forward to get it to release. IF I hold the trigger bar down none of this happens and the trigger functions normally.

20200816_053115.jpg

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Having read your most recent description with photos, I'm thinking the issue is related to "out of battery safety."
    If the slide were installed, and precisely in the correct position, it would push the trigger bar down where it needs to be for sear engagement.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I kinna thought the same thing. I've tried removing re-installing the slide multiple times. Trigger still hangs. Thought well maybe it'd be different with rounds in the mag/chamber. Put 5 snap caps in the mag and cycled them through. Trigger still hangs every time it's pulled.:confused:

Just to reiterate - The trigger does pull. The firing pin does travel. I'm not even close to knowledgeable much less expert but doesn't the fact that the firing pin fires kind of rule out an out of battery problem?

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I seem to recall my buddy having the same issue a few years back. His problem ended up being an incorrectly installed TRS (trigger reset spring). A quick Google search for your issue seems to be somewhat common. At least from one forum I looked at.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    There are still good, decent folks in this world! The seller showed up at my shop as he said he would. Looked at the problem didn't even attempt to fix it. Admitted he "may" have put the trigger reset spring in backwards. It has one long leg and one shorter leg. Install instructions caution about this possibility. Any way, he boxed everything back up handed me my $770.00 cash back and departed. Damn... and I had plans to hit the range today!

Top Bottom