APOD Firearms

Dear Lord... let this be the correct thread!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Glad the end result is you don't have a non-functioning pistol lying around. Glad I'm reading this thread. Have one of these VP's sitting in the safe and haven't taken it out yet. Same green frame, but a tan slide. Now I gotta go pull it apart and see what's under that slide.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Glad the end result is you don't have a non-functioning pistol lying around. Glad I'm reading this thread. Have one of these VP's sitting in the safe and haven't taken it out yet. Same green frame, but a tan slide. Now I gotta go pull it apart and see what's under that slide.
    If it were only a Glock you would find perfection that's easy to not screw up.

Just thinking out loud.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Not sure why you would ask that.
    He sounds like he would fit in here.
    Might want to reconsider invitation after your hear this....

Ok... so earlier this morning the seller did indeed come to my shop. He offered to buy the gun back. I took him up on the offer. He handed me the cash and left with said gun. Flash forward to lunch time...

I'm setting in CiCi's pizza chowin' down and the phone rings. It's the seller of the VP9 this saga is about. He says:"Doug I got it fixed. I've pulled the trigger a 100 times with no problems. Do you want me to drive it back over there to your shop?" I tell him I'm eatin' and I'll call him when I'm done. Sooo... I get done.

Out in the truck I call him back. I tell him I'm not real comfortable with the gun now. And he starts in about how he's fixed it. Seems the trigger stop bolt, which I could not get back in all the way, was the culprit. He had to pull the trigger assy. in and out several times, according to him, and finally got the trigger stop bolt to seat correctly. With nothing but friction holding it in, I pulled it out with my fingers, I'm not a fan of the design. And I told him that. Also told him I was going to take a pass on a second purchase of the same gun. Wellll.... Hell....

You'da thought I kicked him in the nuts! He went off like a short fuse on firecracker. He used no cuss words and didn't attack my heritage but - I got the distinct impression he wasn't happy. Which confused the heck out of me. All I'm guilty of is taking him up on his offer. If he'd of only offered to fix the gun so the trigger would function as designed - I'da been good with that too. He offered me a refund. I accepted. End of story.

Last edited:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Sometimes I've said it. Sometimes I've implied it. But if you're dealing with me you "Better not say it if you don't mean it!" 'cuz I just might take you up on "it"!

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Might want to reconsider invitation after your hear this....

Ok... so earlier this morning the seller did indeed come to my shop. He offered to buy the gun back. I took him up on the offer. He handed me the cash and left with said gun. Flash forward to lunch time...

I'm setting in CiCi's pizza chowin' down and the phone rings. It's the seller of the VP9 this saga is about. He says:"Doug I got it fixed. I've pulled the trigger a 100 times with no problems. Do you want me to drive it back over there to your shop?" I tell him I'm eatin' and I'll call him when I'm done. Sooo... I get done.

Out in the truck I call him back. I tell him I'm not real comfortable with the gun now. And he starts in about how he's fixed it. Seems the trigger stop bolt, which I could not get back in all the way, was the culprit. He had to pull the trigger assy. in and out several times, according to him, and finally got the trigger stop bolt to seat correctly. With nothing but friction holding it in, I pulled it out with my fingers, I'm not a fan of the design. And I told him that. Also told him I was going to take a pass on a second purchase of the same gun. Wellll.... Hell....

You'da thought I kicked him in the nuts! He went off like a short fuse on firecracker. He used no cuss words and didn't attack my heritage but - I got the distinct impression he wasn't happy. Which confused the heck out of me. All I'm guilty of is taking him up on his offer. If he'd of only offered to fix the gun so the trigger would function as designed - I'da been good with that too. He offered me a refund. I accepted. End of story.

Walk away... Far away.... Don't deal with the guy anymore....

Top Bottom