• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I think anything outside the facts of what happened on that particular day are pure speculation. And we (the public at large) won't know those facts, probably for some time.
    M2 has had bad experiences there in the past. When that happens, it's very hard to get over the permanent revulsion you've developed for a place. I'm not gonna bust his ass for his views on the place just as much as I'm not going to say The Bullethole is shitty because several people have reported bad experiences there.

I also understand the sentiment of Twisted.308 with his "go pound sand!" argument, while simultaneously laughing wen I imagine him actually telling those words to SAPD. (Yeah - THAT would go over well!)
    If I was there, it would suck to hand one of my weapons over - but I'd do it without argument.
    DK Firearms

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    You know I guess I am just blessed to have multiple handguns(which I never take all of them to range at once). I could certainly understand being very upset with having to hand over my gun(especially if it were my only handgun which I use to defend myself). I guess I was raised to just be overly cooperative with law enforcement.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    JUST IN: Shooting ruled suicide at San Antonio firing range

After reviewing surveillance footage, investigators said Jared King, of San Antonio, shot himself with a semi automatic handgun at the Bullet Hole Shooting Range, 2715 Grosenbacher Road.The Bexar County Medical Examiner said King died at the shooting range just after 2 p.m.
    Tuesday.

Investigators said King held the gun in his left hand although he was right handed so that nobody would be able to see the gun from where he was positioned. Other shooters at the range were directed to put down their weapons after King was discovered shot.

JUST IN: Shooting ruled suicide at San Antonio firing range | kens5.com San Antonio

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    x2 ChunkyMonkey. Glad to know it wasn't a firearms accident and sad for this guy's family. Prayers for the other shooters who were out there that day and had to witness this.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not to sound cold hearted, but I suppose this is better than someone being negligent and killing someone else.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    From the Bullethole website:

THE BULLET HOLE SENDS OUR CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY OF THE TROUBLED YOUNG MAN WHO COMMITTED SUICIDE AT THE RANGE TUESDAY OCTOBER 25. UNFORTUNATELY, THERE WAS NOTHING ANYONE COULD DO TO STOP HIM.

nitronate33

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    San Antonio
    i am a member there and shoot at the handgun range with my wife. good thing she never watches the news, i ain't tellin' her because she probably wouldn't want to go anymore.

it is sad, but better a suicide than a killing. something i never really thought to note when i was there, do they have security cameras anywhere? if they don't, they really should, although i love the fact that the range is outside and cheap. anything to raise the cost takes away from that.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sad to hear, but it still doesn't change my opinion of the place...

And let me emphasize this, I am all for supporting local firearms-related businesses. I buy from Alamo Ammo instead of online despite the latter being cheaper. I buy more firearms and accessories at gun shows than I do off the Internet because I know unless these endeavors make money they won't be around for long. And most of you know my efforts to help the folks who host the large gun show at the AT&T Expo Center every couple of months.

But I won't support any business that doesn't respect me as a customer. Some of you know that I stayed away from the Powderhorn after a bad initial experience there. It took me a long time before I would step foot in there again, but now I do go by there once every couple of weeks and have spent money there.

However, my opinion of the Bullet Hole was not based on one experience but several; and while I understand that it is tough for range management to control shooters, the lack of any effort to do so after unsafe actions were being witnessed was too much.

I am glad some of you enjoy shooting there, and I hope you don't see any of the buffoonery there that I've seen. There is nothing that is going to erase that from my memory, and I remain adamant that I will never set foot on that range again.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    M2 you've made your point repeatedly. Now, after SAPD has ruled the incident a suicide, you're just spewing venom. I've never done any kind of gun business in SA, but my hope is no gun related business suffers due to a troubled sole.

My condolences to the family and friends of the deceased.

beenthat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    San Antonio
    I have to say, several parts of this story and thread have me puzzled.

Why bother to go to the trouble of packing up, driving to a range to do that? I know its not the first one either. It bothers me that a person in that state of mind goes to that much trouble to do something they could just take care of when the thought occurs to them. Why go to the range?

It also strikes me as very strange this M2 fellow just has to beat this dead horse so brutally. And, that he seems so pleased that this sort of thing could never happen where he shoots. Which happens to be a range most people can't use, or report any safety issues that may happen. They happen at all ranges run by humans. Humans, even military humans, all can be distracted, have an off day, or miss something out of their view. No place is perfect.

I have a list of companies and businesses I will never do business with. If someone asks, I tell them I don't do business with them. If they ask why, I'll tell them. I won't rant on and on if I hear strangers mention the name. Something is strange about the type of reaction I'm reading here.

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    I do not think that M2 was berating the range. He has a strongly held opinion about the quality of the range, which was due to the fact that he did not feel as if his son was safe there (If a father is to be admonished for this feeling, what is this world coming to). I wont go somewhere that I do not feel is taking safety seriously enough, and perhaps, if the news is spread, others wont expose themselves to unnecessary danger.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have to say, several parts of this story and thread have me puzzled.

Why bother to go to the trouble of packing up, driving to a range to do that?

Very possible he rented the handgun from them. It's pretty common for lazy cheapskates to go rent a gun to off themselves with. It's pretty inconsiderate to kill yourself on someone else's property with rented equipment...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tray81
    Top Bottom