• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matthew2000tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Helotes, TX
    JUST IN: Shooting ruled suicide at San Antonio firing range

After reviewing surveillance footage, investigators said Jared King, of San Antonio, shot himself with a semi automatic handgun at the Bullet Hole Shooting Range, 2715 Grosenbacher Road.The Bexar County Medical Examiner said King died at the shooting range just after 2 p.m.
    Tuesday.

Investigators said King held the gun in his left hand although he was right handed so that nobody would be able to see the gun from where he was positioned. Other shooters at the range were directed to put down their weapons after King was discovered shot.

JUST IN: Shooting ruled suicide at San Antonio firing range | kens5.com San Antonio

I pray for this man's family. It is so devastating when someone commits suicide. May God give the family peace.
    DK Firearms

alamo308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2011
    San Antonio
    First ever post on TGT for me. ...Googled "shooting death at Bullet Hole" and found/joined this forum just now. Still can't believe I had not found this forum a long time ago!

I have been shooting at the BH for more than seven years, and can testify to their constant improvements, both in physical layout and in safety procedures. Not perfect, as many prior posters have noted, but certainly better than 'way back when. I shoot mostly at the rifle line, but sometimes on the pistol range as well. The morning of the suicide I was walking past the pistol range, headed to the rifle line. There were only about six or seven shooters, and no RO present. About halfway down the sidewalk, I glanced to the right, saw a man hanging his target, and an elderly lady right in front of me was holding her semi-auto (slide locked back), standing at the table. I stopped and yelled, "Ma'am!" twice before she looked at me with a puzzled expression. I said, "Don't handle firearms while people are downrange." She put the pistol down on the table and thanked me. As I walked off, the people that were with her kind of surrounded her and it appeared they were lecturing each other on range safety. I finished on the rifle line around 1PM, and so might have seen the suicidal guy either on the pistol line or checking in as I checked out through the office. Strange to think about.

I won't hesitate to return to the Bullet Hole for either rifle or pistol practice, and will continue to exercise my vigilant situational awareness there, as any responsible shooter will do at any range; civilian, public, private, or military, including Camp Bullis or Camp Swift, where I shoot at 1000 yards.

anniesplayhouse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Boldtville, TX, USA 78263
    A couple of things about the Bullet Hole.

I know the owner, Carol Hester, very well personally. Don't have any level of respect her anymore because she's self-righteous, vindictive, and manipulative. That said, the guy came onto the range alone and rented a weapon along with a couple boxes of ammo. He shot one full box and nearly all of the second box before turning the gun on himself. He wasn't acting weird or anything and staff followed all of the appropriate procedures that we in place at the time.

Yes, they do have security cameras that cover almost every inch of both the range and her home, which is located behind the range. And the footage is recorded. However, Carol only uses it for herself, not for the safety or well-being of staff or customers. She could have provided video to officers and didn't by choice.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

I know the owner, Carol Hester, very well personally. Don't have any level of respect her anymore because she's self-righteous, vindictive, and manipulative. That said, the guy came onto the range alone and rented a weapon along with a couple boxes of ammo. He shot one full box and nearly all of the second box before turning the gun on himself. He wasn't acting weird or anything and staff followed all of the appropriate procedures that we in place at the time.

Yes, they do have security cameras that cover almost every inch of both the range and her home, which is located behind the range. And the footage is recorded. However, Carol only uses it for herself, not for the safety or well-being of staff or customers. She could have provided video to officers and didn't by choice.

First, this thread is well over a year old.

Second, did you come here just to slam the owner with unsubstantiated allegations and inflammatory language?

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I know who Annie is.......She doesn't know me. My suggestion guys is to stay away from her and her spouse, all I can say is THEY ARE NOT TK BE TRUSTED. can't release further due to legal.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

Well....you are SO totally full of "fail", it isn't funny.

For the record - I've known Carol, her daughter - even her late husband and son - since the early 90's, when the range first opened. I have ongoing contact with Carol and her daughter on at least a weekly basis. I was one of the first Life Members of the range. Living in New Braunfels, I seldom get by there personally any more - maybe 6-12 times a year.

Carol is one of the most caring, forgiving people I know. She'll give you the shirt off her back - AFTER she washes and irons it for you first. She's a HUGE supporter of the shooting sports and the NRA. She personally has worked on the Friends of NRA committee off and on since the early 90's - that's where I first met her and Vern (her late husband). I've seen her attend FNRA banquets around the South Texas area and bid on guns that she ALREADY OWNED, just to "help the cause". I'm not talking about $300 guns here - I'm talking about in excess of $5,000 on a single gun (yeah - she was bidding against me, dang it!<G>) When she walks into a FNRA event, we ALL smile - because we KNOW she's there to spend HER money in support of the cause.

Now....I happen to KNOW for a FACT that Carol FULLY cooperated with the investigation - including supplying the security video. So, you ARE a LIAR - and it's obvious to me that you've made your claims with the intent to cast doubt on her and her range. I'm forwarding a link to this thread to her, along with a copy of what you said in the event you attempt to change/modify what you've said. I HOPE that she'll contact the site owner and get the information necessary to bring a major lawsuit against you for defamation. But....knowing Carol, she probably won't - she's pretty forgiving.

Lucky for you....you hope.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Annie...honey.....tell me something....

Is your hubby currently under indictment for a 2nd degree felony due to his activities at property on the Bullet Hole?

Yeah...there's LOTS more to this story - and Michele WILL be along shortly to elaborate as she might desire.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Not uncommon at public ranges....

I moved from Tampa, FL and this activity is not uncommon. At at well known shooting range in Tampa there were at least 2 episodes of suicide; one was self inflicted....and a second was a Mother first killing her son, then herself. All on camera. There is nothing a range can do to stop this; people are in charge of their own destiny.

Death at shooting range under investigation - San Antonio Express-News

Looks like they don't know what happened, but they have video.

jknap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    ANNIE,
    It's obvious that you think by posting some false accusations that people are actually going to listen to you. you and your husband are both low lifes...that need to stop stealing from people and their businesses. so before you open your big fat mouth again just remember who you are speaking about and the repercussions that are to follow. I have personally know the Hester's all my life...and they are great people! so you're slander/defamation of Mrs. Hester (Bullet Hole) is not going to do anything to change how people feel about her and/or her business. Annie, GOOD LUCK IN COURT YOU PATHETIC POS!!

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Just in case

IBTL5.jpg

Top Bottom