• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I went to Walgreens and got the Johnson & Johnson version of the vaccine. It's only 1 dose, instead of 2 doses (now maybe 3?), and it's the old fashioned kind of vaccine that does not modify your RNA.
    There’s nothing old fashioned about viral vector vaccines. VV has been used in research for a long time, but there are only a half dozen such vaccines in existence - all recent.
    Gun Zone Deals

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Our plant is in the same boat. Extremely short handed. Mandatory OT, 10 hour work days, and we’re still working at least one man short per crew, which means about 7-10 men short per shift. Add to that, the average age of workers there is about 65, which means most are just watching the clock until they can retire in a year or 2. It’s a dying industry, but our shop has more work than we can handle. I’m a few months south of 50, and if I didn’t still have 2 kids on my insurance, it wouldn’t even be a discussion, I would be gone! Rumor is the memo will be out within the next week or so, when it does I will have a discussion with HR, and see if they comprehend logic! If not, guess I’ll have to make my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Your body. Your choice! I guess that only works when you want to kill a baby. I regret that you are in this predicament.
    “No, the COVID-19 vaccines do not contain any aborted fetal cells. However, fetal cell lines – cells grown in a laboratory based on aborted fetal cells collected generations ago – were used in testing during research and development of the mRNA vaccines, and during production of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.”
    Religious exemption.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I was just given notice by my department head, that a memo is about to be sent out from corporate, mandating the Covid 19 “vaccine”. I asked what would happen if I refused to take it, and I was told I would probably be let go. Guess I have a decision to make!

As with any medical decision it always boil down to that tired, but unfortunately true phrase: Risk versus Benefit.

Every situation is different. I bit the bullet three weeks ago, and had the second jab at 8:30 this morning (Pfizer, at Kroger)

At my age (78 and retired), and with a younger wife who is not retired and lives 420 miles away from me most of the year; and having my best friend here at the lake (a damned tough jarhead, 2 years younger than me), now only a shadow of the man he was after his bout with the election virus and needing his wife 24/7; I made the decision that if the jabs would just lessen the severity of the virus should I get it, my wife would benefit more than me not doing it.

Tough decision for you, and tough times we live in. Best of luck to you.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My company is dangling the carrot.
    779E004A-7281-4D87-BFA5-B5D52794CB90.jpeg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Those stipulations from HR is to maybe brand you to the others and coerce you into getting the shot...

Nope, reasonable accommodations for exemption are being negotiated.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    When I had asked my doctor about the vaccine, he told me to bring my epi-pen if I decide to get one. That was not very encouraging. I have been thinking about going for a medical exemption based on my allergies.

If that fails, I will file a religious exemption for mandated vaccines, as I am vehemently opposed to the use of aborted baby tissue used in the development of the vaccines.

I would prefer the medical exemption and not make this about the freedom of religion.
    Many vaccines have used fetal cells for development as you note. Don’t get bitten by a rabid animal as for sure you are a dead man.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It's amazing what can be found on the internet these days. Do you know how often I see listings for fake paper plates on Facebook Marketplace?

Yeah. My advice on a fake vax card. The ones you are given are CDC records; falsifying a federal document is a felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison. Also, the “free” shot is being billed to your insurer when you have qualifying insurance, so the information collected when given the shot is being stored and processed somehow, somewhere.

There has already been at least one arrest and numerous seizures related to this topic.

Finally, one can be terminated for cause for submitting false records to an employer, erasing any eligibility for unemployment benefits.

My recommendation is always to seek a reasonable accommodation or exemption or voluntarily leave the company if you have another offer in hand.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I’m not anti vax, or even against this one, if you have health conditions that could make the virus more dangerous to you. Most of my issue, is 1- I’ve had Covid, and it wasn’t bad at all for me, my body fought it off and I was fine. And 2- I don’t trust all the conflicting info out there. I honestly don’t understand the unbelievable amount of desire by some, to make sure EVERYBODY gets this “vaccine” that doesn’t prevent you from contracting the virus OR spreading it! What’s next? They gonna mandate other health decisions? Flu shot? Which I have NEVER taken, and I honestly don’t remember the last time I got the flu. And that’s another thing. What happened to the flu? Covid came out, and now no ones died from the flu since? I guess Covid is a miracle flu cure! Honestly just pissed right now, and the memo hasn’t officially gone out. Rumor is, they are going to incentivize it, by giving the department with the most people who comply, a big bonus. So they will make whole departments resent the ones who won’t get it!

Quite a few lawsuits are being reported of those with natural immunity. Some companies have caved, other suits are ongoing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Yep. And WTW is big administrator for self-insured companies. Average negotiated cost of a C-19 hospitalization is $23K plus lost work time, $34K for a short term ventilator and $88K for long term vent. Long haulers are racking up $1M+ bills that self-insurers are paying. These costs are on top of all the other ‘regular’ costs and the additive births that have been covered, too.

It will settle out in higher premiums across the board in the coming years or self-insureds go bankrupt.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    There’s nothing old fashioned about viral vector vaccines. VV has been used in research for a long time, but there are only a half dozen such vaccines in existence - all recent.
    I will have to go back and search again. I am certain I found information stating vector vaccines had been in use since the 70's.

Top Bottom