• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I disagree with this statement. If you're referring strictly to the covid vaccine, then that's different, but you should clarify.

I've received several shots in my lifetime for things that have a very low mortality rate. I got the one for whooping cough when by oldest granddaughter was born because that was apparently going around at the time. I got the shingles shot at 50. There's been others too.

The odds of my dying from those is extremely low as well, but I've seen someone with shingles. I'd rather get the shot.

Again, I get covid is a different game, but your statement is a blanket one that encompasses all vaccines.
    For the record, I'm not an anti-vax disciple by any means, just against the Covid vaccines.

I assumed given the subject of the thread, that it was given what vaccine I was against.

And given the context, of the thread and the OP's statements, he's not being extorted to get the whooping cough or shingles vaccine.

I have had many vaccines over the years, but the Covid vaccine isn't, and won't be one of them.
    Capitol Armory ad

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The shingles vaccine works. But is not mandatory.
    Whooping cough vaccine is not mandatory, but it will keep you from giving it to others. Especially small kids. And it can kill.
    Most of the vaccines we currently use are proven to do at least one of the following;
    Keep you from getting something.
    Keep you from giving it to others.
    Keep you alive.
    The covid vaccine will do NONE of those reliably.
    You can still get it.
    You can still give it to others, vaccinated or not.
    You can still die of covid or covid related problems.

Yet they still return those infected back out into the public to infect even more of the healthy. So they can be forced to vaccinate with a vaccine that does NOT work.......

And this all makes sense HOW??????

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    The looney Left does not have the means to produce a coherent argument in favor of getting the needle. Theirs is the ultimate bait and switch, all the while sacrificing their own supporters, the foolish, and the fearful in a bid for a bit of power.

Huntsman52

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    San Antonio
    My comp. is sending out letters as well. I have not received one yet but have been notified they are coming. It is a tough decision. I have already had it and recovered with no problems. Told antibody test was a no go...so now decision time. I am a proud member of the unclean!

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    My comp. is sending out letters as well. I have not received one yet but have been notified they are coming. It is a tough decision. I have already had it and recovered with no problems. Told antibody test was a no go...so now decision time. I am a proud member of the unclean!

Can they rationally explain to you why your NATURAL immunity is not good enough? While your body has learned how to respond in near perpetuity to this infection, the so-called holy grail of vaccines requires booster injections to remain viable. I would ask to follow the science of immunology and not leftist politics. It seems someone at your company(s) needs to be Keplered, as was he by the Protestants.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If you decide to get the vaccine due to company mandate, they should be held liable for complications (adverse reactions), but I would make them sign a paper stating so.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Your decision, but realize Texas is an 'At Will' state and as long as a dismissal doesn't violate Federal labor laws, it's legal.

The DoD has mandate vaccines and it's been a condition of travel with my organization for months. Don't have the shots? Can't travel. Can't travel? Risk not being employed.

Contrary to belief, a company can make vaccinations mandatory for employment. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has specifically weighed in on this subject and a company is completely within their right to both require declaration of vaccine status and/or discriminate employment decisions based on that status.

Good luck with your decision!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Your decision, but realize Texas is an 'At Will' state and as long as a dismissal doesn't violate Federal labor laws, it's legal.

The DoD has mandate vaccines and it's been a condition of travel with my organization for months. Don't have the shots? Can't travel. Can't travel? Risk not being employed.

Contrary to belief, a company can make vaccinations mandatory for employment. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has specifically weighed in on this subject and a company is completely within their right to both require declaration of vaccine status and/or discriminate employment decisions based on that status.

Good luck with your decision!
    I don't think many here were saying a company can't mandate vaccines.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I wonder if you could get an attorney to draft something for the company to sign saying they will be financially responsible for any damages/ ill effects caused by the injection they are mandating you take. If you decide to go that route. Not that I think they would sign it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    For the record, I'm not an anti-vax disciple by any means, just against the Covid vaccines.
    Yep.

And I am not against the covid vaccine per se, but rather I am not willing to take a vaccine which was rushed to market and whose long term effects (if any) are completely unknown. For me, I will take the risk of the virus over the risk of the vaccine at this time.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Beats the hell out of me. These vaccines are touted as some of the newest best technology in vaccines, yet not only doesn't it make you immune from catching the virus, the powers that be say you will need to get boosters. The other day I heard they are developing a COVID vaccine pill that people will need to take monthly for the rest of their life? How is this the newest best technology?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Beats the hell out of me. These vaccines are touted as some of the newest best technology in vaccines, yet not only doesn't it make you immune from catching the virus, the powers that be say you will need to get boosters. The other day I heard they are developing a COVID vaccine pill that people will need to take monthly for the rest of their life? How is this the newest best technology?
    Lots of vaccines require boosters. Lots of vaccines are not 100%. Your point?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    How many other vaccines require regular injections for the rest of your life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    When you deal with bacteria infection most don’t but viruses are a different story. Flu vaccine every year and not as effective as Covid vaccine. Some virus vaccine a single shot, smallpox comes to mind. Polio 3 shots. Varies by vaccines. Many vaccines need booster shots, so the point?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    You step on a nail and go to the ER and you get a tetanus booster. Is the point that you may need boosters to jolt your immune system an argument to not get immunized? My point is that is not a good argument to use as we know viruses mutate. You are not immune to the flu because you had it 30 years ago. It has mutated. You got Covid already and lived, that doesn't mean you won't catch the mutated version and maybe not live.
    The fact that you may need a booster is not an argument to not get a vaccine. It has not been fully tested is a good argument. It may kill you is a good argument. Not that you may need a booster. I would expect that as the virus mutates you will need a booster.
    For the poster of this thread, I don't favor mandatory vaccination. He will have to make the choice himself.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I was the oldest guy in my welding class. I might look you up to teach me MIG but not immunology.
    As you have claimed to have gotten this vaccination, that's obvious. I'm not trying to teach anyone immunology, but I do try to teach my students to think for themselves. If I get one person to find information for themselves on something that could be life altering, then it's worth it. Too many people today, through fear, believe temporary safeties are worth giving up freedom.

Top Bottom