DFW get together?

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by malladus, Aug 5, 2008.

1. malladus

malladus Active Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    So anyone interested in trying to have some sort of DFW shoot and meet so the Houston guys don't have all the fun?

Malladus

2. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Sure, I've been looking for a reason to get to the range. I went yesterday, but the wife doesn't know that......so.......I'm due for a range trip.

We need a place/time

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Let me know if I can help.

4. I'd go if it wasn't a regular indoor range. I do that all the time and it doesn't become much of a social event when we're all in our own lanes.

5. malladus

malladus Active Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Sounds like we need to either score some private land or come up with a place that has some space and wouldn't mind a group of shooters hanging out together. I could probably do the private land thing, but I don't think anyone wants to drive to Gilmer.

Let me start looking around.

Malladus

6. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    I might be interested.

7. TheStig

TheStig New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Interested, work schedule permitting.

8. planorick

planorick New Member

Mar 11, 2008
    http://www.apgtraining.com/index.asp This is an out doors range that has 2 pistol bays and a 300 yard rifle range. It costs $15 a day but if you have enough people, it can be rented for $160. Our IDPA club shoots there on the second Saturday of the month.

9. malladus

malladus Active Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Looks like there is some potential there. Would they be adverse to us doing a little grilling as well?

Malladus

10. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    APG is a decent place. If you mapquest it, the range itself is South on the county road to the left or right of where mapquest puts the address.

It does have a small covered area with a picnic table. We could shoot in the AM & take lunch or grab something in Greenville if folks were so inclined.