Patriot Mobile

[DFW] [LUNCH MEET] [SAT - MARCH 23 @ 1 PM ish] Sound Good?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Remember, dress warm just in case we overcrowded the place and have to step out to the patio.

Sent knowing my life is boring unless I'm looking down range. And that most of you are jerks.
    Gun Zone Deals

jeffro2912

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Ft. Worth
    So, this may sound stupid, but if we don't know what anyone looks like, how are we supposed to find other members? If you see a 6', bald, decently built guy walking around lost in the sauce, thats me, lol.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    You walk around looking at people's bulges. ;)

lol But really, you can friendily (word?) smile at folks in there and ask if they're there for the TGT meet & greet. If not, no worries. If so, then you're rolling.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    So, this may sound stupid, but if we don't know what anyone looks like, how are we supposed to find other members? If you see a 6', bald, decently built guy walking around lost in the sauce, thats me, lol.

Look for a fat guy wearing a Beretta cap with a name badge. Don't worry, I brought enough for everyone :eek:

That and the place is pretty small (maybe too small in hindsight) so just assume everyone there is with TGTalk and ask, "Hey, wanna see my gun?"

Sent knowing my life is boring unless I'm looking down range. And that most of you are jerks.

Last edited:

tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    I got called out. I'm out. Grrrrr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    9ujagyzy.jpg

Wish the photo came out better, but I had a good time. Good to put faces to names. Next time we get some shooting in. Hope to see some at Hicksville.

Sent knowing my life is boring unless I'm looking down range. And that most of you are jerks (except for those that showed up today, you get a pass).

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Great meeting you guys. I was just thinking how it's amazing what technology and internet forums do to bring like-minded people together. In a non-interweb world I would have avoided all you weirdos :p

Fred, I brought home the other half of my burger and tots. Perfect for dinner. But first a hot cup of tea to warm up my insides. When I got in my truck to leave there it was 5pm. Couldn't believe we all hung out chatting for that long. It was a good visit.

n2pistols

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Hurst, Texas
    I enjoyed lunch and meeting the group to put a face to some of the names. Had a great time and looking forward the next meet. Glad I missed the picture taking since I may have ruined the picture.

Tony

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I enjoyed lunch and meeting the group to put a face to some of the names. Had a great time and looking forward the next meet. Glad I missed the picture taking since I may have ruined the picture.

Tony

My inability to us a camera phone ruined it anyway. I'm guessing you have too many lady friends to spend an afternoon with a bunch of gun nuts. :cool:

You and me will be in the next photos from the next meet. We have to have some friendly shooting competition next time we meet. You think Chris would offer a private bay at the same cost as what you mentioned this time around?

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Great meeting you guys. I was just thinking how it's amazing what technology and internet forums do to bring like-minded people together. In a non-interweb world I would have avoided all you weirdos :p

Fred, I brought home the other half of my burger and tots. Perfect for dinner. But first a hot cup of tea to warm up my insides. When I got in my truck to leave there it was 5pm. Couldn't believe we all hung out chatting for that long. It was a good visit.

I'm surprised you weren't hypothermic by the end of the night.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Good time. Good food. Good new friends. What's not to like. Thank you Yankee for setting it up. Both my wife and I said we have met a few of you at some point, and damn we can't put it together. I'm sure I'll wake up in the middle of the night and figure it out. It is always a joy to chat with like minded people. Looking forward to another get-together.

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    My inability to us a camera phone ruined it anyway. I'm guessing you have too many lady friends to spend an afternoon with a bunch of gun nuts. :cool:

You and me will be in the next photos from the next meet. We have to have some friendly shooting competition next time we meet. You think Chris would offer a private bay at the same cost as what you mentioned this time around?

I am thinking about talking to Chris to see what we can set up if anyone is interested. I would just like it to be a tad warmer though.

jeffro2912

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Ft. Worth
    Had a great time at the meet, thanks a lot for setting that up Yankee. Like stated before, it's nice to put faces with the names on here and spend a few hours having some good conversations with like minded people.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Had a great time at the meet, thanks a lot for setting that up Yankee. Like stated before, it's nice to put faces with the names on here and spend a few hours having some good conversations with like minded people.

No problem, I was glad to meet new people that shared similar views. Shorts is right, technology is amazing.

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I had a great time. It was nice to meet everyone who came. Getting there for me was a little iffy--the construction on I-820 messed up my planned route but I found a way around it. Going home was even worse, but I got here!

I cleaned up A.Texas.Yankee's photograph and sent it out--I hope you got it. I took a few myself but haven't processed them. None of them were a group photo.

OK, here's the picture: http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5404/tgt201303231.jpg

Dave (flashguy)

Last edited:

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Sorry to miss guys, it was not only pouring rain hard in my side of town, but hail storming as well. Didn't know if it was going to clear up by lunch time (I'd just gotten off work at 8am) so I just slept in the rest of the day. Next time, hopefully, and closer to the middle of DFW :)

Top Bottom