• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Wagyu is the preferred term for some Japanese.

As I stated previously having used the term Kobe got me treated with contempt by one Japanese guy, so they're not always polite.
    Not all are polite, but I found that most will just about bend over backwards to please when service is involved.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    My wife and I tried "outback" once and it suuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkeeeeeddddd!

And, I'm not a picky eater.. Honestly, I liked the food in the high school cafeteria, college and the Army.

If tr (never been in one) is similar, that'll be a no go.

Ruth Chris: The last steak and everyone prior were outstanding!

That word reminds of when I was in the Army 'outstanding' being the most over used word along with the term 'in my military mind'.

Both drove me crazy, ok, crazier..
    I'm one who always enjoyed the food while I was in the military--I guess I'm not a picky eater either. I've eaten in the finest restaurants and in mom-and-pop places, taquerias and at food trucks. I ain't skeered.

I would MUCH rather eat at Texas Roadhouse that Outback Steakhouse. I think the steaks are much better and the hype is less.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Beats me?

Though, to be sure, he was sort of an angry guy to begin with.

Was the restaurant catering to Americans?

Perhaps, they were simply catering to what they think Americans call it, when they, the Japanese among themselves call it Wagyu.

Of course, I'm guessing as getting a Japanese person to be candid is a tough chore if you care to try......

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Pappas Bros.......Westheimer
    Very good--excellent even. However, I prefer their burger place right next door. Frequently, their burgers use steak cuts brought over from the steakhouse.
    Why? That's what was written in English on their menu. Can't remember the name of the place in Yokosuka, but it was very nice inside, although a bit hard on my knees.
    Kobe is a place. Wagyu is a type of beef. It's like saying the French getting pissed when you say "Champagne"--applying it to sparkling wine from somewhere other than the Champagne region of France.

Also, Wagyu includes any of four different breeds of cattle: Kobe, Matsusaka, Yonezawa, and Mishima. If you say "Kobe", you are limiting the thing. Unless, of course, what is actually being served is from Kobe beef cattle from Kobe. :cheers:

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    But then, I've never eaten in a Golden Corral either, for the same reason, that is, low quality grub for the undiscerning masses.
    I think the quality of food at Golden Corral is pretty good for a buffet, but the clientele would fit right in on the people of Walmart website. If you want to go, bribe the manager to let you in 30min early before all the feral children of the welfare cows run their fingers over all the food.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    T.D.

Jeez, if that's the case, yuck!

I'd rather eat a cold can of Campbells soup than face that kind of horror.

Then again, low cost buffets of any kind, (yeah, I've eaten at one in a Chinese restaurant, but no longer even there) are a bacteria farm.

Huge, human hogs, aren't known for their great hygiene and they get to use the ladles with their nasty hands, breathe on the food, etc.

Pardon me, while I go throw up......

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    TR is horrible. The only difference between it and Sizzler is the peanut shells on the floor. And they are way too loud, which is really saying something since I am half deaf.

Need to get your snoot out of the air...... Mix and mingle with the deplorables once in a while. We have more fun.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    From what I gather from this thread is that the cop disarmed him of a Kobe steak.

I think I remember that game called 'telephone' when I was in Kindergarten.
    The teacher whispered a phrase into a kid's ear and by the time the last kid repeated the phrase, it was not even CLOSE to the original.

(kinda like what we have HERE!!)

Did the OP's friend get his steak back????

bob

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The best thing going at Roadhouse is their sides, and cinnamon butter served with the rolls I shouldn't be eating. I have a hard time buying a steak at any restaurant since I have a grill and home and they are so easy to make. When I do goto Roadhouse I order the prime rib as that's not as easy to cook at home. Their au jus is good. The environment is noisy as hell, tho. Don't really care for that.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Deplorables and their need for red meat. It is sickening. Uh, Humperdinks had a great Kobe Steak hamburger. As for buffets, China King Supper Buffet by NE Mall is pretty good. Some of their clientele is debatable.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Sharkey,

By "Some of their clientele is debatable." Are you referring to our avoirdupois tubs of guts you wouldn't think of socializing with, but if you're going to eat at a buffet, they're gonna be there?

Me either, though I am treated to their portly (being kind I am) selves when I go to Walmart, but I'm not rubbing elbows with em while they stuff and stuff and stuff...at the trough, I mean the buffet table.

It's bad enough to see them aboard those tiny electric scooters as their unsightly selves navigate through the store. They love the scooters because they've gotten past the unsupportable use of their elephantine legs.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Sharkey,

By "Some of their clientele is debatable." Are you referring to our avoirdupois tubs of guts you wouldn't think of socializing with, but if you're going to eat at a buffet, they're gonna be there?

Sir, I will have you know, I have a fat friend. Yeah I would probably include the overly obese in that group but I was probably referring more to just the rude people that line up or the ones that don't corral their kids. I grabbed a lemon and the lady next to me had almost a full plate of lemons and I'm like WTF??

Don't head to GC much but I think there buffet is decent. Hill St. Blues had an episode where they answer a call of a huge fat guy that won't leave and actually sits in front of the buffet to eat. It was hilarious.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Sharkey,

Yeah, we've all got some lard ass, I mean fat friends & relations.

I have a friend, well had, he's dead now, tell me of having a patient so fat that to get him out of his hospital room they had to cut him up in a few pieces.

Is that a true story?

I don't know for certain, but that's what he told me.....

If true, that, that's some kinda fat.

By the way the name'Golden Corral' has a certain sound of something...perverse.

Shudder!

Top Bottom