• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It's time for us to demand that politicians not give away these incentives. At the end of the day, it's unfair to the people who are already there.
    Too often, no realistic economic analysis is performed to balance the lost tax versus the positive impact for the area. Perhaps some deals are worth it. Others are not.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    After listening to people more of ally educated than myself ( like Ben Shapiro) I’m going to believe then when they say that Disney will most likely sue on the grounds that the company is being discriminated against based on speech and the changes to their tax status will be thrown out as a 1A violation.

There are also apparently lots of issues regarding debt for services in those areas that would need to be worked out which could lead to tax payers footing the bill.
    Certainly there are going to be repercussions for changing their status, but I believe the state granted their special tax district status with no stipulations on retracting it. If that's the case, then the state doesn't need a reason, therefore it doesn't matter why.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's time for us to demand that politicians not give away these incentives. At the end of the day, it's unfair to the people who are already there.
    You're talking about something that happened over 50 years ago. How many people were in those counties in the 60's when this was considered?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Fort Bend county is the epicenter of Karendom.
    Ain’t no way Karen B. Nimby will allow Disney near her McMansion.
    Besides the land in Fort Bend is too valuable or unavailable to build something as huge as a Disney complex.
    With Disney stock going down, do you really think they would build another Walt Disney World? It took over 4 years after breaking ground before opening, and at that time it was a parking lot, a couple hotels and a Disneyland like theme park. Not to mention the years it took before building. Walt Disney died before they started building Walt Disney World.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Get your case in front of the right liberal judge, anything is possible. Trump could not cancel the dreamers EO Obama put in place, even though Obama admitted it was unconstitutional.

To prove retaliation, you would have to show the majority who voted for it only did it to retaliate. Impossible task. Then prove revoking it in retaliation was illegal. I imagine a large part of the legislature has been hoping to yank this for decades, since their voters get no benefit but have to pay more in taxes.

Disney will lose even bigger if they fight this and win. They need to settle and make peace. Like Ukraine, all the folks telling them this is the hill to fight/die on have no skin in game. Ask major shareholders what they want. They will tell you get back to making money and boosting stock price.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston

Good news for the Ft. Bend county people
    Disney supposedly bought tens of thousands of acres in Montgomery County for 'Disney Texas' back in the '70s, a summer trip by company executives give them a reality check - the weather was oppressive. I believe it was sold in the early 2000s, when the area had appreciated substantially.
    ETA: I was told the story of them buying up the land back in the '90s, its not an internet rumor.

Eli

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Get woke, go broke! I like how he makes it sound as if it's just the Disney CEO's statement that brought on the retaliation. No mention of the many Disney World employee pedophiles arrested, or the leaked video conference call stating how they have been injecting gayness into Disney as a whole. It's not just due to their stance against the school bill.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Disney supposedly bought tens of thousands of acres in Montgomery County for 'Disney Texas' back in the '70s, a summer trip by company executives give them a reality check - the weather was oppressive. I believe it was sold in the early 2000s, when the area had appreciated substantially.
    ETA: I was told the story of them buying up the land back in the '90s, its not an internet rumor.

Eli

Same rumor went through NTX back in 00's.

Top Bottom