• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ten years ago, if you had to try and convince me to switch from a gasoline chainsaw to a cordless electric, I'd have laughed at you. This afternoon, I bought a Skil 40V cordless chainsaw! Been using this afternoon to take down a few trees, and I'm impressed with the power of the saw. I'm going to sell my gas chainsaws. If or when my weedeater craps out, I'm going to replace it with a Skil 40V weedeater! I like how as long as the battery is charged, it's always going to be ready to use whenever I happen to need it. No more gas and oil measuring and mixing.

Venture Surplus ad

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    You scared me. I thought you were giving up muscle for a tesla
    d3d29725361f0fe0b5b1d58225ac8c5e.jpg

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Right there with you on the chainsaw. We got an Echo and swapped out the 16” bar for a 14” bar that uses the regular chain. You get a lot more torque. With three batteries I have used mine all day cutting down and cutting up mesquite into fire logs at a friend’s place.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Well the battery on my Dyson vacuum took a shit and it’s $150.00 to replace. Meanwhile the dog hair is everywhere.

One of two Dewalt batteries has crapped out too.

Wonder how much money I have spent on CR123 batteries, since my SureFire addiction? One year the boss bought us rechargeable SureFires. They had thought a lot out like charging in you vehicle or house. I don’t think mine finished the season. Then again these were first year of production.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    The wife and I got a Stihl electric chainsaw for our combined birthdays. We love it. It's got about a 16 inch bar and it will take down some fairly large trees. It runs a good long time on a charge. I Would probably consider an electric weed eater if it was similar in quality and function.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    The wife and I got a Stihl electric chainsaw for our combined birthdays. We love it. It's got about a 16 inch bar and it will take down some fairly large trees. It runs a good long time on a charge. I Would probably consider an electric weed eater if it was similar in quality and function.
    I gave out before the battery did! I'm done cutting wood for the day!

gasgas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    S Texas
    Well the battery on my Dyson vacuum took a shit and it’s $150.00 to replace. Meanwhile the dog hair is everywhere.

One of two Dewalt batteries has crapped out too.

Wonder how much money I have spent on CR123 batteries, since my SureFire addiction? One year the boss bought us rechargeable SureFires. They had thought a lot out like charging in you vehicle or house. I don’t think mine finished the season. Then again these were first year of production.
    Take the battery to interstate battery company and probably cells can be replaced cheaper

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Nothing wrong with battery operated tools.
    But sometimes you need more and that's when resorting to corded tools is a better option. In this case it would be gas operated tools. Each serves it purpose. I will Never say this about electric vehicles.
    I worked on forklifts, order pickers, high reaches, pallet jacks and chargers for a few years. They work when they work and that's all I'll say.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    As my electric tools crap out, I have been replacing them with cordless tools. Only tool I have left to replace is my weed wacker.
    That's my plan as well. I'll probably replace the weedeater with the Skil 40V version, and I'd like to get the Skil 40V pole saw as well. One type of battery that all the tools can use.

Top Bottom