Capitol Armory ad

Do we become more cynical when we get old?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Now that I am entering into geezerdom there are so many things that I straight up dislike & don't trust. I figure it's because I have seen the changes & in many cases not for the better. I no longer trust the law, doctors, our government, the media, investments and most people in general nor the future.

I'm really thankful that I no longer work. The people that I do know make it sound like things have only gotten worse since I bailed on the workforce.I guess getting old is just a huge buzz kill that ends in our own demise.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

OneGunTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2021
    Houston
    I still work because I like what I do. However, in today's woke world, you can't have a bible on your desk because it might offend someone. We have a lesbian who keeps her hair cut like a man's hair and dresses like a man. While she uses the women's bathroom, she upsets visitors that think she is a he in the women's bathroom. Also, god forbid, I ever express my conservative views. It is forbidden. But we have LGBTQ+ events twice a year. I don't partake, but I'm old enough to say, it is not for me. And never say "Merry Christmas!" around the holidays. Just say "Happy Holidays" As a Jew, I'm offended. I always wish my Christian friends "Merry Christmas"

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm somewhat inclined to agree, listen to the radio most days, all day.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Radio where I live is country, Christian or Spanish all 3 are not something I can tolerate. I ent a very long time with out tunes in my truck. With the increased distances out here I was fortunate enough that Eze put a new stereo in that had other listening options.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Radio where I live is country, Christian or Spanish all 3 are not something I can tolerate. I ent a very long time with out tunes in my truck. With the increased distances out here I was fortunate enough that Eze put a new stereo in that had other listening options.
    I stream various stations through my phone to home stereo can listen to whatever I want long as Comrade father lets it continue.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    You eventually appreciate all the BS you used to think true to find it isn't.

The various institutions and people you trusted to do the right thing are swine.

You've been lied to and lied to which gradually develops your overall perspective into a fine sense of cynicism.

You need to be cynical...having a BS radar detector will keep you on the straight and narrow.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Cynic was the original commie-hippy and advocated for the acceptance of theft and begging.

I wouldn’t want to be a cynic; I’d rather be a critical thinker while continously learning.

As for talk shows and the such; you’re the product being sold to the advertisers, the opinions are just there to keep you coming back for more advertising.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    You eventually appreciate all the BS you used to think true to find it isn't.

The various institutions and people you trusted to do the right thing are swine.

You've been lied to and lied to which gradually develops your overall perspective into a fine sense of cynicism.

You need to be cynical...having a BS radar detector will keep you on the straight and narrow.
    Unknown.jpeg

And I am not being sarcastic. I really trust no one. Well maybe my wife and daughter.......maybe.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    The older we get, the easier it is to connect the dots. Us old folk have alot more dots. We know that we can't trust anyone, most politicians are in for the kickbacks, service companies will screw you, most people are self-serving assholes, and dogs are the only people who truly and unconditionally love you.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Cynic was the original commie-hippy and advocated for the acceptance of theft and begging.

I wouldn’t want to be a cynic; I’d rather be a critical thinker while continously learning.

As for talk shows and the such; you’re the product being sold to the advertisers, the opinions are just there to keep you coming back for more advertising.

Talk shows are still on? I thought they died when Rush did.

Top Bottom