APOD Firearms

Do we become more cynical when we get old?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Radio where I live is country, Christian or Spanish all 3 are not something I can tolerate. I ent a very long time with out tunes in my truck. With the increased distances out here I was fortunate enough that Eze put a new stereo in that had other listening options.

There just aren't that many Yiddish Death Reggae Freeform Jazz stations out there.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Cynic was the original commie-hippy and advocated for the acceptance of theft and begging.

I wouldn’t want to be a cynic; I’d rather be a critical thinker while continously learning.

As for talk shows and the such; you’re the product being sold to the advertisers, the opinions are just there to keep you coming back for more advertising.
    Yes.....and no.....must think critically and have an industrial size BS detector capability, we can see opposing views on the interweb and find whatever we are in tune with in a few places. It's up to us individually with the intellect the creator gave us to discern the TRUTH and the LIES.
    your mileage may vary.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I think this tends to happen as folks get older. Saw it with my grandparents.

Our civilization and country have been degrading for some decades now. Young people don't have the same frame of reference.

I am trying not to be negative, but I do see trouble today and if we do not have another great awakening much more to come.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    1. "Life beats you down"

2. "Life is the best teacher"

Young folks just haven't lived enough to know any better. That said, it is sad that the current generations are not wanting to have kids etc bc they feel their is no future due to what they have been programmed to believe about "climate change".

What I worry about more than climate change is all the other changes proposed by the UN in their "Sustainable Growth" model and also by the WEF. We will lose all our modern living and revert to most folks being serfs living a life of poverty and starvation. (Unless you can afford mass produced crickets.)

I do hope to die before any of that. 2050 is 26 or so years from now, so that's 71 + 26 = 97... yah, I'm too sick/decrepit to make that.

bb

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    If I go somewhere and someone tells me "Happy Holidays" I reply "Merry Christmas", I don't give a F*** if they are offended.
    Same if they use some stupid pronoun, if ya got a dick, you ARE MALE, if ya got a vagina you ARE FEMALE. If you are gay or lesbian I really don't give a shit, I won't bother you if you leave me alone. I've met some really nice people who are part of the sane gay/lesbian community and they think much the same about the crazies that give them a bad rep.

I pretty much don't give a shit about any of the bat shit craziness.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I thought I read somewhere that some Bob Tail was crying about how terrible his inverted dick was. IIRC it made him suicidal. The Horror.

Prolly true deal. Can't imagine and don't want to try.

My former SIL is still unhappy and about a year ago wanted to go back to being a dude. Well, no dipshit ya cain't. Then my granddaughter said he got throat cancer and is dying. I told my stepdaughter that somebody shoulda tole him what causes that. Slurp slurp slurp. ROFLMAO. She tole me to stop it she didn't want to hear it. LOL

I read that most of these "walk on the wild side" dudes stay unhappy and do eventually kill themselves. Good riddance.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    How in the F did a perfectly good threat about cynical attitude and aging turn into a diatribe about genital mutilation?

Now get the F off my lawn.

get off.jpg

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    How in the F did a perfectly good threat about cynical attitude and aging turn into a diatribe about genital mutilation?

Now get the F off my lawn, punk.

You asked....

Same if they use some stupid pronoun, if ya got a dick, you ARE MALE, if ya got a vagina you ARE FEMALE.

^^^This. (I'm not the one that brought it up, but I got strong opinions from personal family tragedy that this movement has engendered.) Sorry you can't hack the truth, Pinko.

IMO with all the garbage being pushed on us regarding gender ID, the response warranted is a healthy dose of cynicism and diatribe warranted.

Top Bottom