Guns International

Does anyone else pre-load their mags before heading to the range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you pre-load your mags before going to the range?

• Yes, saves time, and time is money.

Votes: 40 78.4%
    • No, I just load at the bench/booth.

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    If you are outside of water they get really hot and make your feet sweat which then turns them into sweaty bacteria traps. Hence the need for socks. As house shoes, they are ok in the winter but TX summer is a no go.

Bingo, if you don't wear socks, they end up smelling fierce, especially in hot weather.

Of course you can hose them off, but rather just throw on some socks.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    :banana::banana:
    I don't do powdered soap, I'm pretty picky on what I use in the shower.

My go-to is Kiehl's Musk Bath and Liquid Body Cleanser. It's pricey, but worth the money.

I usually use a medium firm lather glove, helps with making sure all the dead skin is removed. Afterwards your skin feels like smooth glass. It's worth every penny.
    Lava, not pricey and worth the money. And no one will confuse you with a dandy, or a two bit chippie.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX

My go-to is Kiehl's Musk Bath and Liquid Body Cleanser. It's pricey, but worth the money.

I usually use a medium firm lather glove, helps with making sure all the dead skin is removed. Afterwards your skin feels like smooth glass. It's worth every penny.
    That's WAYYY Too Much Information !!!

I have testicles, therefore, I use a bar of soap for my body, and some normal shampoo for my hair. I don't care how my skin feels. You know why? Because I have testicles.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    This has morphed from a mag thread to a pink crocs thread. It’s certainly entertaining!

Name *one* thread that has stayed true to its original topic
    default_beavisnbutthead2.gif
    default_fishing1.gif
    default_lmao.gif
    default_anim_coffee.gif
    default_texasflag.gif

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    This has morphed from a mag thread to a pink crocs thread. It’s certainly entertaining!
    Well it made it to page 2 before it went off the rails, and what ya gonna do? My wife has a muddy girl ( pink and black) Glock 42, AR, hearing protection, BC and nitrox tank, ( scuba gear), and back pack. I wont even carry them for her just in case some relative sees me

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Honestly I think it was false advertising. She said the online store had a picture of a couple wearing Crocs, a guy with white ones on, and a woman with pink ones. So she got the 2-pack of a "single" color which ended up being pink unfortunately.

She was a little distraught and was thinking of returning them, but I said "Heck, I'll wear 'em", no need to bother with the effort to start a return.

If I was going to return something, I'd be returning my marriage certificate before I wore pink crocks.

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    Nah, can't find one locally. All of these ranges have a 45-60 minute rule, then you start getting charged every 15 minutes.
    Shoot Point Blank is now Range USA. There’s one in Round Rock, off of 45 Toll and Greenlawn. The Premium membership is $40/month and gives some really good benefits. If you join, do it online because I found the membership $10 higher if purchased in the store.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Shoot Point Blank is now Range USA. There’s one in Round Rock, off of 45 Toll and Greenlawn. The Premium membership is $40/month and gives some really good benefits. If you join, do it online because I found the membership $10 higher if purchased in the store.
    I've never seen a range other than shoot point blank use a time clock on their customers.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I've never seen a range other than shoot point blank use a time clock on their customers.

When I had my membership a few years back, I never had an employee tell me my time was up. I'm pretty sure the clock is just technology catching up in the range world. Not to mention they are a chain so they have a little more budget than an independent range.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I preload mags only for 3-gun matches.

For practice range time at our club... no time limit involved, and hey, I'm there to relax, have fun, train/practice, as well as get away from da wife!! (Dementia caregiving is hard, gotta take a break sometimes)

Last edited:

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    Eagle Peak is the only one I know of around Austin that doesn’t charge by the hour. Besides, as a member, I have 2 hours if I need it. Seldom go over an hour and I can reserve range times on their site.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Kali I have come to enjoy your posts, some a little more some a little less but damn man, PINK crocs, high white socks, and shorts. That just screams Im not from here.

Holy motherfercrying out loud. Do ya wear a thong with those? I have a few red neck family members that would throw dirt clods at me if I even talked about wearing pink crocs.
    I agree, he puts up with our shit like a man. Or atleast till I saw he wears pink crocs with socks.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

Liquid soap is the same thing. Talks a long time to pick up for those drop the soap times.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sakorey
    Top Bottom