Patriot Mobile

Does anyone make a weedeater that will last more than a year??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Can't seem to find a weedeater that will run for more than a year (a day past the warranty).

Any weedeater brand suggestions out there?
    ARJ Defense ad

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    They're called goats.

I don't get it, got a cheapo Black n Dicker that I've had for 10 years . WTF are you cutting, bamboo ?

BTW, You can't use them for hemp harvesting. JK.

Oh, wait!!! You got one of them 2 sickle thingys. Gotta go Homelite or better , and you gotta take care of them . ( Unless they lock up, the exhaust is probably just clogged up. )

What'd you buy?

Last edited:

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Get a Stihl, Echo or Husqvarna. I was on the same path of buying the cheaper trimmers and having to replace them every year. So I bought an Echo, which was only $50 more than what I normally buy and it has lasted, even being put through a lot of abuse. Think this trimmer was $189 on sale, normally $220. Runs great and starts with 3 pulls every time, no matter how long it has sat.

https://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Trimmers/SRM-225

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have 4 chain saws , 3 weed eaters, one blower and a gas powered hedge trimmer.
    All of the saws are Stihl, everything else is Echo, except for the push behind weed eater that’s a DR.
    They just work.
    I did have to replace the carb on the hedge trimmer , it’s about 5 years old, it was $24 ,for a complete bolt on carb with new fuel lines and a filter. had it running like new in 30 minutes.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    I have 4 chain saws , 3 weed eaters, one blower and a gas powered hedge trimmer.
    All of the saws are Stihl, everything else is Echo, except for the push behind weed eater that’s a DR.
    They just work.
    I did have to replace the carb on the hedge trimmer , it’s about 5 years old, it was $24 ,for a complete bolt on carb with new fuel lines and a filter. had it running like new in 30 minutes.
    Let's leave your dungeon out of this. Jk. Stihl, I gotta Echo the info.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    They're called goats.

I don't get it, got a cheapo Black n Dicker that I've had for 10 years . WTF are you cutting, bamboo ?

BTW, You can't use them for hemp harvesting. JK.

Oh, wait!!! You got one of them 2 sickle thingys. Gotta go Homelite or better , and you gotta take care of them . ( Unless they lock up, the exhaust is probably just clogged up. )

What'd you buy?

Husqvarna is what I have now (at least until I take to the range and use it for target practice).

Sounds like Stihl or Echo may be next.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    My Echo is 15+ yo and I treat it HORRIBLY. Never once greased the head, maybe not the shaft either. Sometimes she's a rough start but once running . . . .

Around 8 yrs ago I had the carb worked over, that's it.

BTW, it is a split shaft model but I've only used weedeater head.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Hoping my Dewalt cordless gets me to 4 years based on the warranty.

I’m in the suburbs so don’t necessarily need gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I finally figured it out about a year ago. Buy a decent one (Stihl, Echo, etc.) and buy the premixed gas in the red cans. I do a lot of weedeating on my place and it has never given me any trouble. My recommendation is to not put regular gas in it. Mine starts first time everytime. Choke it, prime it (with the little clear plastic bubble you push), put the cord and it's running. I will never use untreated gas in it. (Mine is a Stihl).

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Buy once, cry once. The initial investment is hard to swallow until you learn to look back and realize how much you actually saved in the long run by buying quality gear from the get go.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I finally figured it out about a year ago. Buy a decent one (Stihl, Echo, etc.) and buy the premixed gas in the red cans. I do a lot of weedeating on my place and it has never given me any trouble. My recommendation is to not put regular gas in it. Mine starts first time everytime. Choke it, prime it (with the little clear plastic bubble you push), put the cord and it's running. I will never use untreated gas in it. (Mine is a Stihl).
    For at least the past 2 yrs I've used cheap ass outboard oil. I am very particular about mix ratio though, nothing but the best my calibrated eyes can muster.

Told ya I treat it horribly. ;)

Top Bottom