Venture Surplus ad

Does anyone make a weedeater that will last more than a year??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    I wouldn't buy Ryobi! But that's just me. I've heard mostly bad news about them.

I had a 2 stroke Ryobi string trimmer. It worked flawlessly for almost 2 months. I don't know what the problem is???:fireworks::what:

Seriously, I have 2, (absolute crap, and I know how to mix gas and use equipment). On the other hand, the latest 18v lithium Ryobi tools are awesome. I have many, including a string trimmer.

On my wish list is a Worx. You couldn't give me a gas trimmer now.
    DK Firearms

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I had a 2 stroke Ryobi string trimmer. It worked flawlessly for almost 2 months. I don't know what the problem is???:fireworks::what:

Seriously, I have 2, (absolute crap, and I know how to mix gas and use equipment). On the other hand, the latest 18v lithium Ryobi tools are awesome. I have many, including a string trimmer.

On my wish list is a Worx. You couldn't give me a gas trimmer now.

My ZT mower and pressure washer are the only gas tools I’ve got.

Everything else is battery and so far so good

I have a DeWalt battery mower for the spots in my lawn that the ZT can’t get to, works great even in tall damp grass and uses the same battery as the string trimmer.

Black and Decker hedge trimmer and blower also share batteries. Plus I have one extra.

Having extra batteries ready go is key IMHO.

Also key is getting an extended warranty, replacement batteries ain’t cheap and I’ve already had a B&D battery die after 12 months...amazon took care of it no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I tend to stay away from battery powered tools for the most part. Batteries don't last and they cost half as much to replace as the tool did originally.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Speaking of batteries, I have a Green Works 40V pole saw that is freaking awesome.
    No more struggling to start my pole saw when hanging off a ladder 12 foot up, just pull the trigger, and down comes the limb.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Speaking of batteries, I have a Green Works 40V pole saw that is freaking awesome.
    No more struggling to start my pole saw when hanging off a ladder 12 foot up, just pull the trigger, and down comes the limb.
    My Mother'n law showed me her Stihl battery powered chain saw the other day. Not my cup of tea... but VERY handy little sucker. Perfect for small jobs and folks that don't have a lot of muscle. Like my Dad always tells me "right tool for the right job". The battery has it's place.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    My ZT mower and pressure washer are the only gas tools I’ve got.

Everything else is battery and so far so good

I have a DeWalt battery mower for the spots in my lawn that the ZT can’t get to, works great even in tall damp grass and uses the same battery as the string trimmer.

Black and Decker hedge trimmer and blower also share batteries. Plus I have one extra.

Having extra batteries ready go is key IMHO.

Also key is getting an extended warranty, replacement batteries ain’t cheap and I’ve already had a B&D battery die after 12 months...amazon took care of it no questions asked.

B&D batteries suck, no other way to put it. The tools are second rate. Part of that "get what you pay for" thing.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    My Mother'n law showed me her Stihl battery powered chain saw the other day. Not my cup of tea... but VERY handy little sucker. Perfect for small jobs and folks that don't have a lot of muscle. Like my Dad always tells me "right tool for the right job". The battery has it's place.

Yeah, you definitely want a gas powered chainsaw when your victims have a lot of muscle.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, you definitely want a gas powered chainsaw when your victims have a lot of muscle.
    200w.webp

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Yes indeed, I think that is the key too. I use Stabil for my mower gas. Good stuff there.

I've also found adding Seafoam to my gas can keeps it long term. Even had some gas that had sat for a while and after putting in in my Deere riding mower it started to bog down. Added some Seafoam and after a few try's it fired up and ran like a champ.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    Ryobi 4 cyl for me. It's lasted 4 yrs so far. I use it a lit since I'm on a ace lot and use it for weeding, edging, and blower. Trick I use is I add seafoam EVERY time I fill my fuel tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Ryobi 4 cyl for me. It's lasted 4 yrs so far. I use it a lit since I'm on a ace lot and use it for weeding, edging, and blower. Trick I use is I add seafoam EVERY time I fill my fuel tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

A 4 cylinder weed whacker?
    I’d love to see the weeds you’re whacking!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Gas goes bad when the higher distillates evaporate out of it. I don’t know of any additive that replaces these...?

Last edited:

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston

The extra power helps more with the edging than weeding
    Gas goes bad when the higher distillates evaporate out of it. I don’t know of any additive that replaces these...?

Between the mower and weedeater I can easily go through 5 gallons in a month. Since I have a septic system right now I can mow every 5 days

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

Wouldn't that be something.

Imagine if it was really a 4cylinder. It'd come with a transmission. 1st and 2nd gear for the front yard. 5th gear for the back yard. Want to cut a tree down? Shift down to 3rd and open the throttle up.

I'd own one. Lol

Top Bottom