Lynx Defense

Does anyone make a weedeater that will last more than a year??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I just got one for the maintenance shop. I love the capacity, but it can get cumbersome trying to navigate that long neck without spilling fuel at times. I've never seen anyone use em, so I gotta figure out the little tricks on my own. So far, I just point the hose to the fuel tank before flipping the fuel can. A little weird, but once I'm going with fuel, it pours a hell of a lot faster than the regular cans and has fewer fill ups of my gas can.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

If you keep the vent closed, it pours slower.

When we were into desert sports, they’re all everyone used. Super easy to fuel up your bikes/cars/trucks/generators.

The state of CA banned the sale of them, but nothing in the regs mentioned use.

So the people who made/sold them just changed the name from “gas jug” to “utility jug” and placed an easily removable “not for gas” sticker on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    A saw blade on a weedwhacker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep. There is a lot of options for those.
    I've got the one with just regular WW line, the another that is for heavy weeds and briars, it looks sort of like 4 inch long blades sticking out. Chops heck out of way tall weed stuff with out tangling up like line.

Then there is the saw blade looks like it belongs on a circular saw, awesome for clearing out little saplings, big thick grape vines and trimming smaller limbs up to about 8 or 10 feet high from the ground.

There is also a blade with teeth that look like a chain saw cutting tooth. I didn't get that one.

Shindaewa, with the straight shaft. If this one ever quits I'll go out and buy exactly the same thing again with out a second thought about it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    When you think you thought up something new and original.

Its been done.

maxresdefault.jpg

okb-ufo-3.jpg

0.jpg
    -

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    Echo

But don’t buy the cheap ass homeowners model, step up to the light commercial model as a minimum.

I’ve got a line trimmer that is 16 years old, and it gets used around the house, and out at the ranch. Sometimes even with a brush cutting blade. I can run .095 finish line on it, or more often I just stick with .135” line

My edger is nearly 25 years old, Dad bought it when he still did his yard, and has since passed it along to me and hired someone to do his yard work.

I also have an Echo chainsaw. It’s never let me down, and the power to weight is really exceptional.

My only argument against Stihl, is that they are cantankerous in hot weather in my experience. I’ve owned two different Stihl saws, and both were temperamental.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Top Bottom