• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Rights aren't really made for people cowering to practice their right in secret but for the brazen and obnoxious otherwise persecuted.
    I won't sit down because you're afraid you won't get candy. Stamp out fear mongering.
    Guns International

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Law was just changed recently.
    It used to be a no-no, but they now retracted that, and it's OK now.
    I myself have a couple of katanas, as so does my son, plus some middle age swords.

When there is trouble in the neighborhood, neither of us grab edged weapons.
    It would be like bringing a knife to a gun fight...

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I don't larp with my katana,
    as they say "before you know your katana, your katana will get to know you!"

If I can ever talk my son into getting a couple of kendos to practice with, I could possibly use a katana for what it was designed for.
    Now I just use it to trim low hanging branches, in sight of my neighbors.
    Keeps most of them from coming over to chit-chat all the time...

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I will just have to try to be more descriptive in my posts from now on.
    Not everyone's mind can make out my between the lines style of writing,
    including myself.
    icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    And why is that? I mean, I can understand consumption being illegal while carrying. But purchasing too?

Did I miss that somewhere?
    You get caught drinking or smoking weed and have your pistol on you and you may go to jail.
    I don't think you can poses booze and be in posession of a weapon of any kind,

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    You get caught drinking or smoking weed and have your pistol on you and you may go to jail.

I think the joke was more along the lines of it being about Bud Light being the beer of queer folk - they were sponsoring / using Dylan Mulvaney as a spokesperson, Mr. "XX day of being a girl"

That, and Bud Lite also being the butt of many jokes as being piss water.

Not a beer drinker, so I don't have a dog in the fight beyond the fact that AB picked the wrong horse by backing the guy pretending to be trans as a way to get famous and get money.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    He looks alot like some of those fellas coming across the border to me.
    Him having the AR appears lega/legit but my spidey senses would have been on alert till I knew more
    Go ahead and call me racist or whatever I don't care.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Don't "think," do actual research and provide a legal reference when making such a statement!

And, for your information, you are incorrect!

Texas Penal Code § 46.035(d) is the state law establishing that a license holder commits a crime when, while intoxicated, they carry a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H of Chapter 411 of the Texas Government Code, regardless of whether their handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster. An offense is a Class A misdemeanor.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Please read TEXAS PENAL CODE before just making things up.

You can drink and carry a weapon in public. Dont get drunk and don't get arrested, but nothing illegal about carrying and drinking.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Please read TEXAS PENAL CODE before just making things up.

You can drink and carry a weapon in public. Dont get drunk and don't get arrwsted, but nothing illegal about carrying and drinking.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    There is an old saying..you may be the rap but you won't beat the ride..
    It wasn't just too long ago that Temple PD stopped an Afghanistan war veteran for "rude display" of an AR 15..and he ended up going to jail and put on trial.

All the other bullshit charges were tacked on To make it look like they had a case..but he got stopped for simply having an AR 15 slung over his shoulder on a rural country road...Nothing else.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    There is an old saying..you may be the rap but you won't beat the ride..
    It wasn't just too long ago that Temple PD stopped an Afghanistan war veteran for "rude display" of an AR 15..and he ended up going to jail and put on trial.

All the other bullshit charges were tacked on To make it look like they had a case..but he got stopped for simply having an AR 15 slung over his shoulder on a rural country road...Nothing else.

What was the eventual outcome of the trial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom