Guns International

Don't ever use Square payment processing ever again.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CharlesT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    I recently sold a rifle on Gunbroker and used Square to accept payment for the rifle.

My funds had not been deposited into my account in 7 days.
    I emailed them asking why and here is what they said...

Hi Charles,

I apologize for the delay in reaching out to you. There was some research I had to perform regarding your account. Everything appears in order however, the transaction you recently processed for the firearm sale on Gunbroker.com is the reason your account was suspended and referred to my desk. Section 6 of the Merchant User Agreement which prohibits Internet, mail, or telephone order transactions for firearms or weapons. Those types of sales put a stop to all deposits.

Because this transaction for $1625.00 was for a firearm that was sold when the card was not present, I need to ask you to agree to abide by the Agreement and no longer process transactions of this nature. All you will need to do is respond to this email agreeing to no longer process mail, telephone, or Internet transactions of this type using Square. You can use Square for any other type of transaction not listed in the section I referenced above.

To read more about the User Agreement, please see: https://squareup.com/legal/ua

Please respond before 4 pm PDT tomorrow (Friday) since I do not work weekends and would like to help you resolve this matter quickly. You can respond after that but I only check email once on Saturday and Sunday. I appreciate your patience and cooperation throughout this inquiry.

David
    Square Account Services

And the email I sent back

I do not understand why there is a restriction on a legitimate sale of an inanimate object. I think this is absolutely ridiculous.

I agree to not use Square for this type of sale ever again.
    But I also agree to never use or recommend this service again.

I thank you for your time, and understanding.

Here is their website
    https://squareup.com/

Here is their Support Email
    compliance@help-messaging.squareup.com

I will update when I get an answer back.
    Target Sports

jeffro2912

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Ft. Worth
    Hmm, it seems everyday you learn about someone else trying to restrict our 2A freedoms. I personally have no use for this service, but I will surely pass this information on to anyone I know that does.

bjo71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    square is ok for selling ammo or accessories. I've had intuit cancel my account due to selling ammo.

zentanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    My wife uses the service occasionally to process Scentsy orders. We'll be finding another payment option and informing them why we no longer choose to do business with them.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I have never heard of Square. Will they let you buy firearm accessories like PayPal?

granite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    If hkusp1 is "swiping" the card that may be the reason hes not having issues. The email stated when card wasn't present

CharlesT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    If you have a problem with their policy please email them and let them know.

Edit: @Okie: I hope so, I am kind of nervous.

p.s. I love people from Texas

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Well... if it really was in their agreement prior to the gun sale, they have every right to handle it the way they did. This is where it pays to really research these things.

Do I agree with it? NO. (I think their position sucks)

Does it sound like they are just going by their rules? YES.

You'll get your money but they won't process any more sales for you.

CharlesT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    Ya, I know. I feel bad because I look/am lazy.

I am going to talk to some local banks tomorrow about it.

I just hope to get people who might not see it, like I didn't, aware of their rules.
    Also, hopeful that people email them and let them know they lost a potential customer.

zentanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    Well... if it really was in their agreement prior to the gun sale, they have every right to handle it the way they did. This is where it pays to really research these things.

Do I agree with it? NO.

Does it sound like they are just going by their rules? YES.

You'll get your money but they won't process any more sales for you.

Of course they have a RIGHT to handle it the way they did... but we have the RIGHT to tell them to go eat a fat sack of mildewed dicks because of their anti-gun policy. ;) And let's face it, who among us actually reads the 12 pages of PDF'ed legalese shit that comes with practically every damn thing you buy, use, install or look at these days? I know I don't. Though the OP has no real grounds to be angry at them for enforcing policy, I completely agree with his choosing to not do business with them ever again because the policy existed to begin with.

zentanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    Um, yeah- screw that! Pretty sure almost none of their customers have read that in its entirety

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    Um, yeah- screw that! Pretty sure almost none of their customers have read that in its entirety

That's where people get into trouble, they have no idea what they are agreeing to when they "sign on the dotted line"

Allways ready and understand contracts or other agreements that involve your ability to get money. They HATED me at my closing for my current house. :-}

Top Bottom