Lynx Defense

Don't ever use Square payment processing ever again.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Well, things are changing. Here's the language from the old Seller Agreement, as it applies to guns:

"By creating a Square Account, you also confirm that you will not accept payments in connection with the following businesses or business activities: (23) internet/mail order/telephone order firearm or weapon sales..."

And here's the new language I received today,in the updated SA:

"By creating a Square Account, you also confirm that you will not accept payments in connection with the following businesses or business activities: (23) sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury..."

I appreciate this post the most.^^^^^^

When I signed up for Square in early 2012, after abandoning Evalon - which I used from 2009 to 2012 - due to the fees, is they clearly had no restrictions for my type of buisness. I read Square's TOS twice. Now, things have changed.

What concerns me most about this thread is the OP seems to have just joined just to BASH Square and there has been almost or ZERO constructive discussion about alternatives to Square. I've had to dig that up from other forums. Bill.

Last edited:

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    A friend of mine is dumping his Square account specifically due to this new restriction even though he does not sell any of the prohibited items. He is switching to the one run by crapo, I mean groupon.

I know that intiut also has one, don't know anything about it though.

The local Chinese food delivery recently started carrying a card reader that does not require the phone(it has the cell radio build in), not sure who makes/runs it though.

Last edited:

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I appreciate this post the most.^^^^^^

When I signed up for Square in early 2012, after abandoning Evalon - which I used from 2009 to 2012 - due to the fees, is they clearly had no restrictions for my type of buisness. I read Square's TOS twice. Now, things have changed.

What concerns me most about this thread is the OP seems to have just joined just to BASH Square and there has been almost or ZERO constructive discussion about alternatives to Square. I've had to dig that up from other forums. Bill.

If there is a silver lining to be found, it is in the fact that these "mobile payment" companies are popping up left and right. Just last week Google announced that you will soon be able to send money through Gmail. Eventually some will come out that either support gun-related sales, or at the very least, don't have a liberal agenda against them.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)

ok, the first three on that pop up on the google search (min you liberal suck ass company) are clearly now anti-gun. so what's the point of posting a Google search ??

Please contribute to this thread !! vs post liberal BS!! (that's no slam against you, just a request to post pro 2A companies)

The few companies that are pro 2A are electronic transfer com and payment alliance international. perhaps national processing. Any legitimate experiences opinions appreciated !!

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    so what's the point of posting a Google search ??

Please contribute to this thread !! vs post liberal BS!! (that's no slam against you, just a request to post pro 2A companies)

You are starting to live up to your username. Calm down. Google searches the entire Internet, not just the liberal side of it. That can't honestly be news to you.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    If they give you a 47 page agreement in Word, then you should edit it to suit your needs and abide by it. When they ask you, show them your agreement...
    That is why agreements are almost always .pdf files. Microsoft made that mistake once, never again.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    My smashed up little white thingy is in the mail with the most eloquently crafted letter I can muster.

My replacement service for those inquiring: http://www.gopai.com/ffl123/?mtcCampaign=17628&mtcEmail=334683504 NRA is paying for the hardware to facilitate conversions.

I am simply a hopeful customer. I have not completed a transaction using the service so you must make your own evaluation.

Good luck.

Last edited:

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    ok, the first three on that pop up on the google search (min you liberal suck ass company) are clearly now anti-gun. so what's the point of posting a Google search ??

I can't help the results order from google(without doing a lot of hackery :-) I was sitting at my desk at work waiting for a computer job to finish and figured I take a quick look on google and post the results. I didn't have time to go through all the results' merchant agreements except for the one from groupon and that wasn't detailed enough to actually know..

Since I don't work in retail sales I figured I'd assist by giving a list of sames to start with, the actual retail sales folks will have the time to filter out the crap.

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    My smashed up little white thingy is in the mail with the most eloquently crafted letter I can muster.

My replacement service for those inquiring: FFL123.com Endorses Gun Friendly Credit Card Processing from Payment Alliance International NRA is paying for the hardware to facilitate conversions.

I am simply a hopeful customer. I have not completed a transaction using the service so you must make your own evaluation.

Good luck.

I can provide used cat litter to add you want.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    You are starting to live up to your username. Calm down. Google searches the entire Internet, not just the liberal side of it. That can't honestly be news to you.

I dunno I ran a few searches for that tornado today. And instead of popping up the local news (which had the best videos) the top 3 or 4 hits was all the huffpoo.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    If they give you a 47 page agreement in Word, then you should edit it to suit your needs and abide by it. When they ask you, show them your agreement...
    That is why agreements are almost always .pdf files. Microsoft made that mistake once, never again.

Subtle doesn't know much about how files work.

PDFs can easily be edited and aren't "secure" by any stretch of the imagination.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I dunno I ran a few searches for that tornado today. And instead of popping up the local news (which had the best videos) the top 3 or 4 hits was all the huffpoo.

That's called Search Engine Optimization. There's an entire industry dedicated to helping businesses get their listings to the top of the page.

Top Bottom