Hurley's Gold

Don't ever use Square payment processing ever again.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Of course they have a RIGHT to handle it the way they did... but we have the RIGHT to tell them to go eat a fat sack of mildewed dicks because of their anti-gun policy. ;) And let's face it, who among us actually reads the 12 pages of PDF'ed legalese shit that comes with practically every damn thing you buy, use, install or look at these days? I know I don't. Though the OP has no real grounds to be angry at them for enforcing policy, I completely agree with his choosing to not do business with them ever again because the policy existed to begin with.
    I am not 100% convinced they have this right, not matter that its in the rules.

I am not a lawyer but there are somethings that come into play. Most of you are way to young to remember this but I lived thru it:

"We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" Or words to that effect.

The was a common sign through America for over half of the 20th century. But the USSC struck it down. WHY? Its discrimination plain and simple. Do you think Square or anyone else can write into the user agreement that you cannot sell to Blacks? No and HELL NO. Square is a public company open to ANYONE except folks wanting to buy guns, ammo and supporting equipment.

As for the comment by the FFL holder that he has never had any problem, that is true, the way Square determines or qualifies the clause is by the text (description) gun(s), ammo, gun powder etc etc. Omit that or just write in Ruger Model No 1 375 H&H and not likely its gonna be caught. I suspect the computer is set up to catch words like gun, firearm, ammo, etc but not specifics.

Take Away: It really appears to be discrimination, nothing else, no more than you can refuse to sell to a minority can you refuse to sell to a gun purchaser. I am hoping someone will take them to court over this. Don't think it will stand the light of day...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Take Away: It really appears to be discrimination, nothing else, no more than you can refuse to sell to a minority can you refuse to sell to a gun purchaser. I am hoping someone will take them to court over this. Don't think it will stand the light of day...
    I agree it's discrimination, but most forms of discrimination is legal. There's only a handful of categories protected by law.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I agree it's discrimination, but most forms of discrimination is legal. There's only a handful of categories protected by law.
    Dan much truth in that, but when it comes to companies doing business with the public its a whole 'nother ball game. Its illegal to discriminate against a person due to race, color, creed, origin, sex etc etc.

What we need to do is do a setup and take it to court. Lets find a Black, woman, lesbian, Muslim, transgender and have IT try to buy a gun...

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Unfortunately the United States of America has come to these crossroad's where we should not have to entertain the question of our liberty's. We are asking not only Gun Dealer's to support our effort at supporting them and our right's, but for every business owner to come together and support us and our right's to bare arms when other company's refuse to process credit card's. Since small to medium sized business owner's contribute to the majority of the tax revenue. We are asking the business from Gun Dealer's to any type of business that accepts credit card processing to switch over to ourphoneswipe. So we can prove a point that our liberty's do exist and will not be suppressed by other companies that dont see the right to bare arm's. What we have done is devised several plans that accommodate different type of business and our objective is to provide the lowest rates possible for business owners to succeed.

Gonna look into that. I own a company and we use the Square, but I am angered over this issue.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Windows phone?!?!?!? So you are the guy that bought the one they sold? :-)
    Its called a Windoze fone because it won't take long before you toss it out the window. Microsoft coming out with a fone is about like Nancy Pelosi thinking about not wearing underwear, no matter how you think about it, its a bad idea...

Top Bottom