• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've made that 5am trip to academy a couple times but it had nothing to do with profit. It's simply to put some ammo in my stash and that is the only way I have been able to get any amount of bulk lately. Haven't figured out the Walmart system yet and haven't had time to try.
    ARJ Defense ad

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The lack of response since I posted "I have ammo" is curious. Did that change what people were arguing with me about? Were their replies simply intended as simple chastisement and righteousness based on the assumption I had no ammo? Through the course of the thread the arguments drifted from free market capitalism to finger pointing and assigning blame. I'm not to blame for no ammo on the store shelves. I'm irritated I can't go to the store and pick up a box like I regularly do.

I've made that 5am trip to academy a couple times but it had nothing to do with profit. It's simply to put some ammo in my stash and that is the only way I have been able to get any amount of bulk lately. Haven't figured out the Walmart system yet and haven't had time to try.

The idea is you look up the product online and get the UPC # I believe. Go to the store very late, around 11pm or so when they are in restocking mode. Go to the ammo section and likely the shelves will be bare. You go find an employee (some profile to find the person who looks like they least care about ammo, whatever that means to you). You show them the upc and tell them it shows in stock online but it isn't on the shelf. They will run a check on one of their scanners and it will say 'in stock'. That means it is in the store, it was unloaded on the dock and is in the stock room. The employee should/might/will go get it, or walk you to the pallet if it is staged for unloading.

That's the most of it. There is a detailed 'how to' but that up there is the summary of the thing I read. Now the catch is, many walmarts have a policy not to sell ammo between the hours of 10pm-7am. They claim it is state law. I don't know what law that is. I think it is a walmart policy, ether store by store or corporate. Since some people have been able to buy ammo using this late night purchase obviously not all walmarts enforce that policy. I imagine their gun counter was still closed but the customer just walked ammo up to the front registers.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The lack of response since I posted "I have ammo" is curious. Did that change what people were arguing with me about? Were their replies simply intended as simple chastisement and righteousness based on the assumption I had no ammo? Through the course of the thread the arguments drifted from free market capitalism to finger pointing and assigning blame. I'm not to blame for no ammo on the store shelves. I'm irritated I can't go to the store and pick up a box like I regularly do.

My argument was never with you. Mine was with OP.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    There is no way in hell I'm getting up at 5 am to stand in line for two hours to buy a brick of .22. Any of you that think that's the way to go, great.. go for it. Then put it up on GunBroker for 3x the price and then laugh your way to the bank when suckers buy it for those inflated prices. But for anyone to suggest that not doing the aforementioned somehow diminishes their manly-hood, is well, let me say in a nice way, is informed.

I have been very pleased to find some ammo on my lunch time runs. 9mm, 40, 30 carbine, 380. I've even bought bricks of 22, and have yet to pay over $50 for a brick. But the one I did was the normal price. It does require patience and persistence.

I'm a businessman. I have an MBA. I get the supply and demand thing. This is different than the normal situation.

In the normal supply / demand arguments you guys are making, the price is the norm everywhere. But that's not the case here. You CAN find normal priced ammo. And supplier's and retailer's price increases have not matched the "rapers" (as I Like to call them) price increases.

I paid $16 for a box of 40. I paid $40 for a brick of Win M-22, which is cheaper than Cabela's price back last November.

This is very much like the situation where prosecution happens, of those buying a truck load of plywood at Home Depot then selling it at 10 times retail in hurricane areas. I see no difference here.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I have been very pleased to find some ammo on my lunch time runs. 9mm, 40, 30 carbine, 380. I've even bought bricks of 22, and have yet to pay over $50 for a brick. But the one I did was the normal price. It does require patience and persistence.

That's encouraging to hear. My runs by the stores don't happen until 1030-noon and I come up empty. Being in a high traffic metro with a dense market of consumers makes it tough.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Won't see me in line at 4 or 5 in the morning. My job is my top priority. I agree with the original post too. Pisses me off.
    dont need to make the situation any worse, it's getting a helping hand already.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas

I'm a businessman. I have an MBA. I get the supply and demand thing. This is different than the normal situation.

In the normal supply / demand arguments you guys are making, the price is the norm everywhere. But that's not the case here. You CAN find normal priced ammo. And supplier's and retailer's price increases have not matched the "rapers" (as I Like to call them) price increases.

I paid $16 for a box of 40. I paid $40 for a brick of Win M-22, which is cheaper than Cabela's price back last November.

This is very much like the situation where prosecution happens, of those buying a truck load of plywood at Home Depot then selling it at 10 times retail in hurricane areas. I see no difference here.

Finally, a post that makes sense.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yessir. Should have been specific that I am referring to Hoji and 1slowZ.

Did you drink your coffee? I'm drinking mine now ;)
    Not starting an argument. Have not replied due to being in CHL Instructor Class. My comments to you were due to what I perceived to be incessant bitching about lack of ammo and "gouging".
    break is over. Back to class( complete with jet lag)

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Not starting an argument. Have not replied due to being in CHL Instructor Class. My comments to you were due to what I perceived to be incessant bitching about lack of ammo and "gouging".

No argument here. You're thinking of someone else. Off you go, hope you have caffeine. (ETA sounded flippant, not intended).

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

How many folks are making you want to strangle them with their incessant inane questions?

Top Bottom