• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I'm up all kind of weird hours and of course during the day. I'm also off on Mondays and there is essentially no foot or vehicular traffic and I have not seen any in 7 months.

Go back to the 1st picture in the OP. I now corn for deer (and they show up) nightly where my car was sitting and still no pigs. It was a fluke I tell ya.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So what your saying is, you've single handed my wiped out the pig population in that area in 1 day.

Dinga67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Porter
    Nice kill. When is the cook out? Watch out Hog hunting is very addictive for one good reason... You never seem to run out of targets!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    OUTSTANDING!

The guys told you right, though. In our area, the place is overrun with wild pigs. When you see one, you can bet that many more are hidden. When they get so bold that they'll come out in the open, you have a problem! They are terribly destructive.

The Feds seized hundreds of acres here for a man made lake. The plans were opposed because the lake would drown the biggest Cyprus swamp on the Gulf coast. Elevated water levels would kill all of the trees. Now, the project is a tiny fraction of the original plan but the Feds kept the land anyway! That land is overrun with pigs and since it was made into a "preserve", hunting is not allowed. They actually hire trappers to catch and RELOCATE the pigs!

This area is a model of how the Feds can F up a project!

Flash

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    They actually hire trappers to catch and RELOCATE the pigs!

That's a special kind of stupid. :mad:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Not sure how I missed all this fun last summer. lol

But that pig is perfect size for the smoker. I usually try to get them a little bigger, but not much. I usually hang them up and skin / gut them all at once. Tender and tasty for sure.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    The Feds seized hundreds of acres here for a man made lake. The plans were opposed because the lake would drown the biggest Cyprus swamp on the Gulf coast. Elevated water levels would kill all of the trees. Now, the project is a tiny fraction of the original plan but the Feds kept the land anyway! That land is overrun with pigs and since it was made into a "preserve", hunting is not allowed. They actually hire trappers to catch and RELOCATE the pigs!

Flash, just out of curiosity, exactly what area is this?

gundaddytactical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    3pigs_zps3e407ac9.jpg

I was standing in the LR window to take the picture over the top of my car. If the car wasn't there, I would have shot from my chair. :cool:

I've been coming out to this place since the 70s and have lived here for 4 years and never saw a pig until today. The neighbors have complained and I have seen the damage, just never saw a pig. I watched (mainly the bushes shaking) about 6 pigs working the tree line in the tall grass for about an hour. There was several times I had an OK view but was never comfortable taking a shot. Even a couple of times I wondered if I could get a 2 fer 1. ;)

They finally came out of the tall stuff where I have corn out for the deer. I peeked around the corner of the house and popped him from about 60'. They scurried into the grass, one much slower than the others. I put on some boots and went looking for him, turns out he dropped about 15' from POI.

So there it is, my 1st pig story :cool: Don't laugh, everyone has to start somewhere.

Oh yea, even as I prepped this thread the others had returned so I may get more tonight.

pigdown1_zpsb96bb543.jpg

pigdown2_zps640eacc1.jpg

I wonder what Winnie the Pooh's gonna say when he goes out looking for dear Piglet! (lol! blame my son's cartoons) Kidding aside, great job, man!

Top Bottom