• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    An honest question. If you rotate your every day carry guns how do you remember how to operate them in a pressure situation? IE: SHTF Oh hell where did I put it today, do I have to operate a safety or just pull the trigger. I see revolvers, semi-autos, and derringers mentioned. Unless each gun in the rotation operates exactly the same and is carried exactly the same you could be in a world of hurt. If they are all the same why rotate, they're not like underwear?

Don't go into situational awareness, stuff can happen so fast and from nowhere, no-one could have seen it coming.
    Venture Surplus ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Although I don't rotate my EDC that much, my plastic guns and revolver I know all I have to do is pull the trigger and my 1911 I think about the fact that I have to release the safety. Since I have been carrying and shooting my 1911 more often I am very aware of the functionality of the safety, plus I often practice drawing and releasing the safety.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I rotate between PPS, Micro 9 and 99c for carry. They're all ready to go and the safety on the Micro 9 gets pushed off by my thumb more or less automatically.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I rotate between a S&W 357 640 and a 1911 Defender. Not an issue knowing which one I've got my hand on. Can't see how it would be difficult to screw up. Push the safety down on the 1911, pull the trigger. Pull the trigger on the revolver. It ain't rocket surgery. :green:

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    No rotation. Change, yes. But, no rotation. And when I do change, I'll stick with that change for a few years until I feel the need to change again. Then comes the familiarization, or re-familiarization process and practice until I'm comfortable with it.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    An honest question. If you rotate your every day carry guns how do you remember how to operate them in a pressure situation? IE: SHTF Oh hell where did I put it today, do I have to operate a safety or just pull the trigger. I see revolvers, semi-autos, and derringers mentioned. Unless each gun in the rotation operates exactly the same and is carried exactly the same you could be in a world of hurt. If they are all the same why rotate, they're not like underwear?

Don't go into situational awareness, stuff can happen so fast and from nowhere, no-one could have seen it coming.

I always think this same thing when I hear the term 'EDC rotation'.

I have one gun that I carry every day and I always carry it in my pocket. That is not to say that I will not ever change guns or carry it in a different position.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    My EDC is a Glock 19, and a Ruger LC9S for yard work. The Ruger is quite light so easier for yard work.

Both easy to keep up with operation too.

At least, for me...

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    They are all Sigs, and all operate exactly alike. Never a thought.

edit - well I do also carry a Glock 26, but its kind of like the sigs. pull the trigger.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I rotate between a S&W 357 640 and a 1911 Defender. Not an issue knowing which one I've got my hand on. Can't see how it would be difficult to screw up. Push the safety down on the 1911, pull the trigger. Pull the trigger on the revolver. It ain't rocket surgery. :green:
    No, it's brain science.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

I dont engage a safety on any firearm and I practice with all of them. I also typically carry them in the exact same place.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Gun rotation? There's only one method to it...

semi-auto-gun-spinning.gif

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I only rotate two. One has only that bullcorn "safety" on the trigger. The other is a revolver. If I get into a stressful situation, I just have to aim and pull the trigger. My personal preference is to not have a thumb safety on my carry gun(s).

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    And if you happen to put a hole through the ceiling (sheetrock), there are several different types of toothpaste that make a nice patch! :green"

Well sometimes you need to make a very swift Walmart run and get some spackle. I've heard...

Top Bottom