• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I find the gun that fits me the best and I’m accurate with. After that I hardly upgrade. I do not rotate my carry. I have guns for different roles but do not rotate in those roles.
    Gun Zone Deals

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I carry 2 P320s and a XDs, sometimes a 1911, sometimes a p220

other than the 1911, I just have to remember to find the front sight and pull the trigger.

just ordered a holster for my cobra, same difference. draw and pull.

I've never really liked the idea of a manual thumb safety.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Yep! :banana:Fortunately it was at a deer lease cabin out in the sticks! And I was 13 (14?)>

There's even video of your reaction.... You looked young for 13. :p
    spanky.gif

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Practice? All mine are currently draw and pull trigger and none have the 3 dot sights. Back in the day, it was a SA govt. 1911 and a Colt mustang as backup. Heck I use to carry a Beretta Jetfire in a pocket - draw rack and fire. You do what gotta do. I use to tell folks there were two times daily to practice your draw (I don't subscribe to the quickdraw). When you put on and take off your holster. Perfect practice makes perfect. We usually default to our lowest level of training. Rarely do we rise to the occasion.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I pretty much only carry a Glock, & usually the same one.
    I might possibly carry a different striker fire, but operation is standard (for mine).

I only carry metal pistols (revolver, 1911, etc.) for BBQ work...

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Usually carry a "mouse gun".
    A mouse gun is a very small pocket gun in .22/.25/.32 calibers.
    Most of them are Just Pull the Trigger type except for the NAA mini-revolver.
    Occasionally carry a Colt 1903 Pocket Model. This gun rides chamber empty as a safety precaution. They are not drop safe.
    Racking one into battery at draw has become normal S.O.P.

My method is simple. Shoot/train with them frequently.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Carry the same gun in the same place all the time. Have bigger, cooler, or heavier guns if you want. But always keep that gun in that place so you know you can draw, ready, and fire on target without having to think anything but "go".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    East Texas
    I have 3 different pistols I may carry at different times for different reasons.

1. LCP-The "throw in my pocket" pistol. Gotta take the trash out? Gotta check the mail? Mowing the yard? Grab the LCP.

2. P365- The work gun. Fits in the front pocket of my work pants perfectly and doesn't print. Work is the most likely place I'd ever need to use a pistol so the higher the capacity the better.

3. Springfield XDS 9mm- The "everywhere else" gun. The flat, squared-off look makes it look like a cell phone in my pants.

All are carried in blackhawk pocket holsters. The LCP gets it's own and the P365 and XDS share a blackhawk sticky holster. They all go in the same pocket. None have a safety.

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Carry what you carry. Most of my carry guns are striker fired, no manual safety. Depending on what I'm doing, I choose an appropriate firearm. There is not one firearm that is perfect for every situation. I have no issue changing from 1911 to Glock 26, or Shield 9 to Bodyguard 380. Different size firearms, different controls, different triggers, even different grip angles.

My only recommendation is any gun(s) you plan to carry, plan to practice with. If you want to choose between three different guns throughout the week; shoot all 3 of them regularly. That is what I do.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Carry what you carry. Most of my carry guns are striker fired, no manual safety. Depending on what I'm doing, I choose an appropriate firearm. There is not one firearm that is perfect for every situation. I have no issue changing from 1911 to Glock 26, or Shield 9 to Bodyguard 380. Different size firearms, different controls, different triggers, even different grip angles.

My only recommendation is any gun(s) you plan to carry, plan to practice with. If you want to choose between three different guns throughout the week; shoot all 3 of them regularly. That is what I do.

100% this.

sqlsvrman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2017
    Bryan
    I generally only rotate between my Glocks. I have a G17, G19 and a G26. They are all basically the same type just different sizes. As far as I'm concerned the triggers are exactly the same. To me a Glock trigger is a Glock trigger. When I'm on the range shooting I can't tell any real difference. Now I shoot the G19 the best no question the G26 and G17 are close. I carry my G19 the most.

Old_Inspector

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Spring, Texas
    Carry whatever you like as long as you are comfortable with the firearm and the caliber. I mostly carry SIGs. I like my mini-1911 (a 1911 TSS), my C3, my P239s and 229s (both regular and DAK) and my Kahr P45. My favorites are the 1911 TSS and the C3. Don't think about what you do when you draw, just practice the draw and do it the same way each time. The P229s have E2 grips; the M1911s and the P239s have thin G10 (and very colorful) grips. Carry whatever you want, but practice often. Practice the draw so it is an automatic response that is done the same way every time.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I don't carry anything yet. I need a lot more practice first. But, the Walther PK380 is the gun I bought especially for carry. It's the largest caliber gun that I have so far.

Can you tell I'm new to all this? ;)

Well, just come on in and make yourself comfortable. There is a plethora of knowledge on this forum. Some smart folks with some smart azzez here and there, but a good place to be none the less. So, ask away, or share what you know. :welcome::usflag:

Nietzsche

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2016
    I carry striker fired to keep things simple. Normally the G26, i have a Cw380 for when the G26 is not practical (not often). The G40 if I am in the woods. My main issue is remembering where it is carried ... pocket, appendix or hip!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't carry anything yet. I need a lot more practice first. But, the Walther PK380 is the gun I bought especially for carry. It's the largest caliber gun that I have so far.

Can you tell I'm new to all this? ;)
    I'm happy to see that you are interested and anything is better than nothing.
    I hope you do get to the point that you carry, one less victim. Welcome!

Top Bottom