• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    So recently I took a step back and assessed what I carry on a day-to-day basis. I started wondering if I'm carrying too many things in my EDC. Here's what's on me when I step out the door each day...

photo_zpsa31dc187.jpg

Glock 19 in a Raven Concealment Holster (1911 fanatics please contain yourselves)
    2 magazines (because two is better than one, right?)
    1 Fenix LD22 Flashlight (don't know why I carry one during the day...)
    1 Fox Labs Pepper Spray (because I think having a non-lethal option is good... holster coming soon)
    1 Leatherman Wingman (can't do without this... use it almost every day)
    1 Kershaw Chill (small and light - almost as useful as the wingman)
    1 Wallet (not pictured)
    1 Cellphone (taking the picture)
    Car Keys (not pictured)

I feel like I'm walking around with Batman's utility belt. Don't get me wrong - all of this is still relatively comfortable to wear but is this too much?

I just need you guys to tell me that I'm not nuts... wait don't answer that. Just tell me if you carry a similar set up :)

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    That is not too many things! If it is not a chore to get it all on to have everyday, then it isnt too much stuff yet.
    I find flashlights very useful during the day as well. High lumen pocket ones especially. Self defense, as well as a nifty tool for power outages inside buildings. Youd be surprised how many people dont have a light inside office buildings.
    Edit: You need a knife!

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    That is not too many things! If it is not a chore to get it all on to have everyday, then it isnt too much stuff yet.
    I find flashlights very useful during the day as well. High lumen pocket ones especially. Self defense, as well as a nifty tool for power outages inside buildings. Youd be surprised how many people dont have a light inside office buildings.
    Edit: You need a knife!

He mentions a Kershaw, and im pretty sure the leatherman has a knife tool as well.

proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    Same as me but trade the pepper spray for a set of tweezers.I use all but the gun at least once a week.My multi is a Leatherman MUT,and the Glocks a 32.Great set up.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    A lot of it is where you live, where you go, what you wear, and what you're comfortable with. If you are comfortable with it, it's right for you. I carry a knife and a gun, always. I may add something if I leave my "comfort zone" but usually that's it. But I live in the sticks and usually also have a rifle in the truck, which most people in the city can't or won't carry for fear of the theft. Just my two bits.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Jesus Christ thats a lot. I either throw my colt snubby in my pocket and take off, an M&P in its holster and go, very rarely carry a spare mage for it, a good blade, phone, and wallet

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    I carry about the same; no pepper spray, but I do carry a fixed blade in addition to a multi-tool. A high-lumen flashlight is a must when you can't carry a knife, gun or spray.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Holy overload Batman.

Loose one of the mags, the spray (you have a gun), and the multi-tool (real men need only a knife and duct tape).

LOL. I go with either one or two mags depending on where I'm going. Not going to lose the spray (it's what I carried when I was living in gun-free California and it had come in handy on two occasions back then - once with a dog and another with a guy who threatened my wife and I coming home late from dinner). The multitool comes in handy everyday so I guess I'm not a real man...

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    LOL. I go with either one or two mags depending on where I'm going. Not going to lose the spray (it's what I carried when I was living in gun-free California and it had come in handy on two occasions back then - once with a dog and another with a guy who threatened my wife and I coming home late from dinner). The multitool comes in handy everyday so I guess I'm not a real man...

I think the spray could get you into hot water if you had to use your gun imo. That is why everyone is telling you to lose it

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

illixir

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Colorado City
    I dont think it is too much, but then again I carry alot my self.

uploadfromtaptalk1378212249477.jpg

And just for the record I normally dont carry all four knives at once, but I do carry at least two every day.

Sent from the middle if nowhere via Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Top Bottom