• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOTB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Plano
    For the OP, only you can decide if what you are carrying is too much.

IMO, for work -- what you are carrying is just about right (although I would lose one of the knives).

For pleasure -- well, it kinda depends upon the circumstances. Today the thermometer was again in the triple-digits (in my locale), and I'm dressed more formal than usual -- instead of shorts, I wore blue jeans, LOL. For ME -- what you carry is waaaaaaaaay too much. I walk around with a Glock 19 with an OEM 15rd mag, a 17rd reload mag, and 2 cell phones (its a work thing). Oh, and as in your case, a wallet. And for ME -- that is enough. But your situation might be different.

I don't criticize you for your CS decision. For work it is (IMO) indispensable. For pleasure, I think it makes sense, again -- if you don't already have a ton of crap you wish you could lose. Having the ability to keep things at LTL is not a bad thing. Just because you have a LTL resource with you, doesn't mean you have to use it before your gun. And not using it before your gun (or having used it first) doesn't mean you are screwed up and going to burn. If you were justified to go to lethal force, then you were justified. I wouldn't beat myself up over the topic, only whether you want to deal with the weight and location.

If you really wonder at whether your equipment amount is too much (or too little), simply do an honest assessment of what you envision you will face. In MY case, I figure that my threat is likely to be 1-3 persons, I will have warning of the problem (yes -- I believe that situational awareness (SA) is both important and something I practice well/no, I don't care if that reads as arrogance and I tell all of my students that SA is more important than anything else they have with them, including a gun), and the tgt(s) will likely be large and the time long. During the problem, it will be as likely that I can disengage when I choose, as well as continue to engage -- it will probably be more my decision than the threat's. So for ME, the above equipment inventory is fine. But you might have an entirely different situation -- so only you can make the decision....
    Lynx Defense

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    For the OP, only you can decide if what you are carrying is too much.

IMO, for work -- what you are carrying is just about right (although I would lose one of the knives).

For pleasure -- well, it kinda depends upon the circumstances. Today the thermometer was again in the triple-digits (in my locale), and I'm dressed more formal than usual -- instead of shorts, I wore blue jeans, LOL. For ME -- what you carry is waaaaaaaaay too much. I walk around with a Glock 19 with an OEM 15rd mag, a 17rd reload mag, and 2 cell phones (its a work thing). Oh, and as in your case, a wallet. And for ME -- that is enough. But your situation might be different.

I don't criticize you for your CS decision. For work it is (IMO) indispensable. For pleasure, I think it makes sense, again -- if you don't already have a ton of crap you wish you could lose. Having the ability to keep things at LTL is not a bad thing. Just because you have a LTL resource with you, doesn't mean you have to use it before your gun. And not using it before your gun (or having used it first) doesn't mean you are screwed up and going to burn. If you were justified to go to lethal force, then you were justified. I wouldn't beat myself up over the topic, only whether you want to deal with the weight and location.

If you really wonder at whether your equipment amount is too much (or too little), simply do an honest assessment of what you envision you will face. In MY case, I figure that my threat is likely to be 1-3 persons, I will have warning of the problem (yes -- I believe that situational awareness (SA) is both important and something I practice well/no, I don't care if that reads as arrogance and I tell all of my students that SA is more important than anything else they have with them, including a gun), and the tgt(s) will likely be large and the time long. During the problem, it will be as likely that I can disengage when I choose, as well as continue to engage -- it will probably be more my decision than the threat's. So for ME, the above equipment inventory is fine. But you might have an entirely different situation -- so only you can make the decision....

I agree with you, SOTB. I've decided to carry 1 less magazine day-to-day. If I ever head out to some REALLY sketchy area then I might consider bringing 2 mags along. I'll definitely think about losing the EDC knife and sticking with my multitool instead. I use the multitool FAR more often than the knife and I suppose the crenellated tip on my carry light could be used in a pinch if it comes down to physical contact. I'm very hesitant to get rid of the pepper spray because (as I stated earlier) it has worked great for me on two occasions. Until I find out that it can be a legal hindrance I will continue to carry it - plus I think having a LTL option is a good thing... if for nothing else it's great protection for my dogs when I take them out for their daily walks.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'll make sure to detox when I land in TX.

I got at least one person that said they want to come down and shoot a gun. I consider it a successful trip.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom