APOD Firearms

Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I heard they found cold fusion again. And this time it wasn’t by a group of Aggies looking for soup…

In other news, are they still looking for that tranny fag thief? I heard he may have disappeared.

Coincidence? I don’t think so.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I heard they found cold fusion again. And this time it wasn’t by a group if Aggies looking for soup…

In other news, are they still looking for that tranny fag thief? I heard he may have disappeared.

They could not generate enough energy at the ignition facility until they harnessed the energy from all of the triggered democrats about the firing…

Guns308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2022
    Abilene
    I am a autobody mechanic and a volunteer firefighter and I am against the making of these death traps. I was looking thru procedures on several different vehicles and the new jeep ev frame swap procedure caught my attention. To work on vehicle the technician must rope off the stall so nobody else gets close and must have a rope tied to them that another tech has ahold of so they can pull the them away from the vehicle IF THEY CATCH FIRE while working on the EV electrical system and battery. I refuse that job. And have you seen these things burn at a wreck? Talk about fire balls exploding all over! Just cordon off the area and watch it burn thru the asphalt from a safe distance.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I heard they found cold fusion again. And this time it wasn’t by a group of Aggies looking for soup…

Cold fusion? Pretty hot fusion from what I heard. If they harness this they can throw away all of the windmills and solar panels and even fossil fuel. Country that has this rules the world.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    And don't give a damn about knowing how to drive...they would rather have self driving pods and some type of "public" transportation.

I often wonder if they'll ever look back and realize the way they were or in most cases still are?
    What they don't understand is we were there and now we're here with them so We've seen it and lived it in better times first hand while they are only living it without fully understanding yet.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    What they don't understand is we were there and now we're here with them so We've seen it and lived it in better times first hand while they are only living it without fully understanding yet.
    Damn straight.

It's not just a "convenience" thing...when an emergency arrives, waiting on a "ride" is a poor option.

Hell, many cannot even figure out a manual transmission, a motorcycle, a tractor, or even a horse.

Hell, most are lost as all hell without a "smart" phone.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Damn straight.

It's not just a "convenience" thing...when an emergency arrives, waiting on a "ride" is a poor option.

Hell, many cannot even figure out a manual transmission, a motorcycle, a tractor, or even a horse.

Hell, most are lost as all hell without a "smart" phone.

Ya we all know them Conservatives don't have smart phones.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Unless the system is built around that sort of thing.

Yeah, I know they're commies, but I admire the way Cuba deals with hurricanes. Block captains make sure everybody is accounted for. No one tries to stay home and protect their stuff because people with trucks are paid to haul everybody's valuables (generally just their refrigerator) out of danger. School buses pick up everyone and take them to the same spots that their neighborhood has always evacuated to.

The system works.

The price for that sort of efficiency is the same that it always is. Government intrusive enough to arrange such things virtually crushes the people on a day to day basis. Poverty is endemic. For those and a thousand other reasons, the price is far too high.

So I'm not sticking up for the Cuban way. I'm just pointing out that when it comes to making emergency transportation work, we'll figure it out. One way or another, and probably after much pain and many lost lives, we'll figure it out.

Even if the prevalence of electric vehicles makes those situations worse, we'll learn lessons and work it out.

Humans are great at adapting. We suck at preventing problems but we're great at adapting to them.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    During Katrina and Rita I was part of running a B&B in East Texas. People who thought ahead a little booked us solid a week or two in advance. If there was a family of three, they brought three cars, stuffed to gills with their belongings.
    People who didn't think ahead rode the bus that was supposed to take them all the way to Dallas. Church ladies said eff that, we have the convention center and cots, lets give them a break. Served home cooked food too.
    (I'm gonna leave out a bunch of stuff that would sound a bit to manifesto-ish)
    Some family brought a pop up camper tent with built in A/C, parked it in the drive-way and, despite being told not to, plugged in their outside A/C in the outside socket. Boom, breaker. Wasn't us! We don't know what happened! Sure, buddy.

I can imagine how an evac would work with electric cars LOL

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

Yeah, I know they're commies, but I admire the way Cuba deals with hurricanes. Block captains make sure everybody is accounted for. No one tries to stay home and protect their stuff because people with trucks are paid to haul everybody's valuables (generally just their refrigerator) out of danger. School buses pick up everyone and take them to the same spots that their neighborhood has always evacuated to.

The system works.

The price for that sort of efficiency is the same that it always is. Government intrusive enough to arrange such things virtually crushes the people on a day to day basis. Poverty is endemic. For those and a thousand other reasons, the price is far too high.

So I'm not sticking up for the Cuban way. I'm just pointing out that when it comes to making emergency transportation work, we'll figure it out. One way or another, and probably after much pain and many lost lives, we'll figure it out.

Even if the prevalence of electric vehicles makes those situations worse, we'll learn lessons and work it out.

Humans are great at adapting. We suck at preventing problems but we're great at adapting to them.
    Our cities, towns, highways, businesses, etc. were built around modern petro-fuel vehicles. Even aviation. Especially DELIVERY trucks. This just can’t be re-done in an instant !

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    LOL, case in point, this entire part of town here lost power just now. It's not even windy or anything. Lots of firetrucks barreling down the road.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

The system works.

We actually went to Cuba. There was a window of about a year, maybe two where diplomatic relations loosened. We went as tourists four years ago directly from the US, and I can attest that they live in squalor. The front facing facade of antique cars and colorful tropics gives way to destitute peoples surrounded by hopelessness. We hired a private guide who took us to the not so tourist places. Yes, these are very impoverished people. I’ve never been so uncomfortable, but felt so safe in my life. Uncomfortable because diplomatic relations, though improved, were not good. I always had a nagging feeling that I was being watched. Safe, because tourism is their lifeblood, and attacks on tourists were not tolerated by authorities.

Top Bottom