Target Sports

Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tro_tro9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2022
    McKinny, Tx

Says the dude calling me a troll??? Next on your list is a Russian bot right? Loser. Can’t stand someone who doesn’t group think - very leftist mindset you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    That’s why we need to be very firm on the ‘right to repair’ laws. Some people, and I put myself in this camp, will quickly display a single digit on my right hand if the manufacturer thinks they retain any rights to tangible property I have purchased. I will fix it and modify it as I see fit.

Your ‘19, if it offers (even as an upgrade) any remote features beyond your keys, is connected. Every manufacturer has cellular radios built into most models.

I haven’t had a manual trans car in over a decade. I really miss it. Even though the ZF 8 speed auto is really good, it still can’t read minds.
    Nope, the lack of remote start was the one disappointment for my wife. The only option would be aftermarket but it would be clunky because it would not be integrated with the existing fob

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Now I’m a liberal?? Bahahahha…no…not at all. But thinking your car defines your beliefs does crack me up…and no I didn’t get the vax if you were wondering (untested govt splooge was not going in my family’s or my body).

Stereotypes going round and round.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    It could be. I added remote start to a ’98 Pontiac using the factory key fob. There’s multiple methods, but I used the easiest. From the factory, a single unlock press unlocked the driver’s door, a second press unlocked them all. I rewired the BCM where the single press unlocked all doors, and the second press triggered the remote start. Once I saw the lights blink confirming the remote start, I hit lock again to lock the doors.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Implant genius? No, but I do my homework instead of talking out my backside.

Doing the homework doesn’t mean you did it correctly.
    Some valid points…but remember that’s your perspective. Tech will never go backwards….so regardless of what mfgr, more tech in all vehicles is guaranteed. I can tell you this for 100%fact, the tesla saved me from getting hit by some moron in a minivan who was trying to change 2 lanes quickly right into me. So, I’m a believer in the tech (in this case, safety features that moved my car faster than I could have because dude was in my blind spot coming over from 2 lanes).

People have been avoiding collisions since long before tesla was around. But teslas tech is quick. Quick to run red lights, quick to punt children across the parking lot, etc. you’d have to be crazy to trust one of these cars to make decisions for you. I’m sure at some point in the future cars will be made that can not be driven by people. However, it won’t be with the way Tesla is doing it.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Doing the homework doesn’t mean you did it correctly.

People have been avoiding collisions since long before tesla was around. But teslas tech is quick. Quick to run red lights, quick to punt children across the parking lot, etc. you’d have to be crazy to trust one of these cars to make decisions for you. I’m sure at some point in the future cars will be made that can not be driven by people. However, it won’t be with the way Tesla is doing it.
    Some don't want to be responsible for their decisions and want to blame a car or others for their failures.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    People have been avoiding collisions since long before tesla was around. But teslas tech is quick. Quick to run red lights, quick to punt children across the parking lot, etc. you’d have to be crazy to trust one of these cars to make decisions for you.
    I'll never forget that video that was featured on Active Self Protection where a guy driving a new Ford electric truck came under fire. He tried to escape by flooring it and driving over the curb and the lawn to his right. The maneuver would have probably caused him to clip the car in front of him but that's a small price to pay to escape bullets being thrown at you.

The truck was having none of it. The truck decided he was trying to do something unsafe and it instantly stopped moving so he had to just sit there while he was being shot at.

Electric cars are great in lots of ways but any vehicle that can override my decision-making is not a vehicle I will buy.

Ever.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Some valid points…but remember that’s your perspective. Tech will never go backwards….so regardless of what mfgr, more tech in all vehicles is guaranteed. I can tell you this for 100%fact, the tesla saved me from getting hit by some moron in a minivan who was trying to change 2 lanes quickly right into me. So, I’m a believer in the tech (in this case, safety features that moved my car faster than I could have because dude was in my blind spot coming over from 2 lanes).

If he was in your blind spot how do you know he coming over 2 lanes?

Where is McKinny TX?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

we don't need a bunch of nanny-state safety tech on vehicles how about the driver doing their job of paying attention and driving their vehicle in a safe mannerworked fine for me for decades and noaccidents

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Electric cars are great in lots of ways but any vehicle that can override my decision-making is not a vehicle I will buy.

Ever.
    I hate replying to myself but for the folks who haven't seen it, this video is an insightful look at one reason electric vehicles as they are currently designed (well, at least the Ford Lightning) are something I don't want.

You really only need to see the first two minutes to understand but they spend more time reviewing and discussing. That first couple of minutes, though, is scary.

we don't need a bunch of nanny-state safety tech

You said it, brother!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I hate replying to myself but for the folks who haven't seen it, this video is an insightful look at one reason electric vehicles as they are currently designed (well, at least the Ford Lightning) are something I don't want.

You really only need to see the first two minutes to understand but they spend more time reviewing and discussing. That first couple of minutes, though, is scary.

You said it, brother!

too many people now rely upon thesafety features of vehicles to kepp themselves safe while driving instead of paying attention to their driving

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania

You said it, brother!

Typical yuppy car.

Filled with yuppy krap...

Never worked.

Never will..

Top Bottom