emergency underground firearm storage?

Discussion in 'Knives, Tactical Gear, and Survival' started by hkusp1, Nov 27, 2009.

1. hkusp1

hkusp1 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    i've been thinking about emergency storage here lately with all the crap thats going with the government and was wondering about l-o-n-g term underground firearms storage. anyone have any info or wanna share their method?

2. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    lol

[​IMG]

3. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    In case you haven't seen it yet, take a look at this thread I posted to the Gun Accessories forum. If you're intent on burying guns and ammo underground, I can guarantee this gentleman has the containers for you. Only catch is he doesn't ship so you'd have to travel to Nevada to get them.

4. Buckles

Buckles Active Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    You don't live in Waco do you?

5. hkusp1

hkusp1 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    No but I do know a guy who looks identical to David koresh. My thought process is that with the way crap is going it couldn't hurt to have a plan and some materials on hand.

6. Major Woody

Major Woody Active Member

Sep 12, 2008
    6" PVC tubes glued cap on bottom, threaded clean out on top. Bury 200 ft deep in case of ground penetrating radar.

7. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    :mad0025:
    I think 300 would be better. :rofl:

8. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Bury it with Osama Bin Laden and the Feds are certain to never find them.

9. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just fyi, there is such a thing as ground penetrating radar, and it is fairly common technology. Buried in the ground really doesn't mean a thing, unless you have tons of land as in too much to search. ;) lol

10. willygene

willygene Active Member

Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    ground penetrating radar does not work as well as most think it does, here where i live the ground is full of iron ore which hinders it's ability really well, tubes placed in the verticle position with 3 feet of iron ore and scattered ground debrise works just fine on 200 acers.